(se) is the enemy what I'm meant to be?
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Nodding at Amalia's words, Loren glanced towards the companions in the corner. Astra rose and headed towards the Shield, resting an antlered head in the woman's lap. The healer smiled at the luxere, then turned to pour himself another cup of tea. He glanced towards the demigoddess, raising an eyebrow in a silent inquiry if she wanted more as well.

Whatever her response, he'd return to his seat and curl his fingers around the mug again. "I told you because we're friends, and I thought you should know." Pausing, his eyes searched her features. "I turned her down because all she was really offering was for her, and her alone, to accept me, and I'm not fool enough not to see the strings attached to that particular bargain. I've been under a curse before. Never again." His grip tightened until his knuckles were white.

Taking a deep breath, he forced himself to relax. Sipping, he let the liquid sliding down his throat bring him back to his center as the warmth pooled in his stomach. "As for her, I can only tell you what she told me. That she saw us as kindred spirits, that I was someone people only saw the bad in and none of the good. That she saw me searching for a place to belong and was willing to offer me one. That she could give me the power I needed to protect myself from those who'd harm me." He shrugged, staring into his tea.
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
RE: (se) is the enemy what I'm meant to be? - by Loren - 12-07-2020, 11:26 PM