(open) what friends are for
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
and now we're breeding a feeling of animosity
The subtle switch from past tense to present brought a bitter scowl to her face. A reminder to them both, that their homes went on without them. She'd stopped thinking about what had become of her home months ago, but the scar would always be there. The bubbling memories worried at the puckered skin there, seeking to reopen and tear. Aisha wouldn't let herself fall back into that cycle, of concern for things she no longer had control of.

She could only remember the way things were that moment, when she'd closed her eyes in the garden courtyard, under her sweet acacia.

"It's easy to get lost when you worry about what's been happening to your home now, I learned it's better to pretend things are okay," she offered her crude and possibly cruel advice. Forge a lie, Anden, a lie that even you are convinced of. That will offer you peace of mind, forced ignorance for sanctity of the mind.

She had told him of her home in the eastern kingdom, but only of the happiness there. That was all that really mattered now, all she'd chosen to take with her in stride (other than her lessons and foundations of discipline). "I haven't found anything close yet, but I'll always be looking," the girl replied, finishing her piece of roasted gourd and wiping her hands against the grass.

Silence befell them after that, if only for a moment. It was nice, to share a minute with a friend with nothing to say. Her shifts purred their appeasement, forming in a smile on her lips. The silence was eventually broken by another slew of deep questions, "You've got lots of words Andy," Aisha replied as a tease, leaning back on her hands and crossing her legs at the ankles.

She wasn't one to easily open up in any way other than sarcasm, vaguely reaching her point on the wings of a quip or a charm. But now felt different, it felt safe and confidential, vulnerable. "All the time. I used to think I could make this place a home, but I don't think so anymore. Staying here for so long has just been big fat waste of time," there was a gritting chuckle at this.

"I'm gonna leave," it felt strange to confirm it out loud. So definite and true. Aisha had said nothing before, because she only said what she was confident in. This, she felt in her heart. It was time for the grounds to become a vacation, not a prison.
fear has the sharpest teeth, it eats and eats and eats

Messages In This Thread
(open) what friends are for - by Anden - 11-11-2020, 10:08 PM
RE: (open) what friends are for - by Aisha - 11-11-2020, 10:54 PM
RE: (open) what friends are for - by Anden - 11-13-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: (open) what friends are for - by Aisha - 11-13-2020, 06:42 PM
RE: (open) what friends are for - by Anden - 11-19-2020, 04:37 PM
RE: (open) what friends are for - by Aisha - 11-20-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: (open) what friends are for - by Anden - 11-23-2020, 03:47 PM
RE: (open) what friends are for - by Aisha - 11-23-2020, 04:08 PM
RE: (open) what friends are for - by Anden - 11-23-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: (open) what friends are for - by Aisha - 11-23-2020, 04:39 PM