stockholm syndrome
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired
"I doubt awkwardness would stop Gideon from supporting one of the demigods." Finn smiles down into his cup; no matter what impression they might have gotten from one another, he has no doubt that the Priest will let his faith overcome any personal feelings. "He's also the best person to show you around the Temple. He's forgotten more about that place than you or I will ever know."

Well, anything that isn't written down in books. The Spyglass doesn't know what to expect as Amalia speaks next, but suddenly closing off, suddenly walking away and leaving them in perfectly tense silence... that's the definition of awkward even for someone with Finn's social skills. He clears his throat quietly as she begins to pour the tea, oblivious to her expectations of him here.

"Do you... want me to ask about your marriage?" he asks.
FINN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
we cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are
The simple truth of the matter is that Amalia has no expectations of Finn. As soon as the bitter words left her mouth she wished she could take them back; the Spyglass's hesitating question is only further reminder of her mistake, that she's made the tenuous bond they share even more strained by bringing her personal issues into it. The girl shakes her head immediately, spilling a little of the tea as she raises the pot towards her own cup. "No- unless you want to. But... I don't really have a marriage to ask about anymore. I left Deimos a few seasons ago."

Her cup now full, Amalia places the teapot back on the counter, staring pensively at the swirling brew as though she might find better social skills within. The awkward glare lasts a handful of seconds before she blinks and shakes her head again, her lips curling into a sad smile and her dark eyes not quite meeting stormy grey.

"I'm sorry- you should tell me if I talk too much. Or ask too many questions. I won't be upset." She will, a little, but that's not important. Onyx eyes flicker up to his, the smile warming a little, color returning to her cheeks. "Though... I do have one more question. Do you want milk or sugar for your tea?"
Amalia
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"Oh, I-- I am so sorry to hear that," Finn murmurs, blushing and not really knowing why. It probably has something to do with the fevered few moments spent with Amalia back during Longheat, where he both remembers and doesn't remember exactly what happened. Only that it's embarrassing to think about. So instead he talks directly to his empty teacup, the Spyglass nibbling at the inside of his cheek. Only the spilling tea draws his attention, Finn glancing up and moving instinctively to grab a towel to clean up. "Careful," he murmurs.

After cleaning up, Finn retreats back to his teacup, brushing his curls out of his face. "I, uh... I don't think you talk too much." Just that she says things he can't make sense of or react appropriately to. "And I take my tea black, thank you."
FINN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
There's some relief upon her face at Finn's reassurance, though it's tempered by lingering anxiety, the doubts that swirl through her mind so easily setting her view askew. She swallows it down as best she can, a soft "Okay," breathed into the teacup, simply accepting him at face value. And then another one: "Okay," in response to the black tea.

As for Amalia? She takes hers with milk and honey, and perhaps more of the latter than can be considered strictly appropriate.

She stirs the tea until it turns a lighter shade of brown, then places the spoon to the side and presses her hands around the cup. The warmth is soothing, and the aroma as well, and for the moment Amalia is content to sit in comfortable silence as the beverages cool, taking occasional tentative sips and looking thoughtfully into the distance, somewhere to Finn's right.
Amalia
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
The silence is comfortable for one of them, at least, and Finn sits and stares at the whorls of steam curling up from his cup of tea as if it might form words or small talk or conversation with which to fill the quiet. Instead he merely teases at a loose thread on his sleeve, tugging until it snaps and starts to unravel, and oh boy if that wasn't an accident waiting to happen. Forcing himself to leave it alone, Finn reaches out for his cup and takes a sip, only to - of course - burn his mouth.

Hissing out a pained breath, he sets the cup clumsily down and rubs at the back of his neck. "I..." he begins, and then gives up again. "I should be going, Amalia. If this report is late to Cian, I..." He shrugs a bit. He doesn't know what will happen, in truth. Only that it's guaranteed not to be good in the slightest. "I will see you around the Tower?"
FINN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
The silence ends in abrupt awkwardness, Amalia snapping back to Finn, her brows raised in quiet surprise. She hadn't noticed his discomfort; rubbing her hand over the back of her neck, the girl glances away again, feeling rather foolish. "I- yeah, of course."

She rises from her stool, turning back to the kitchen. "You can take the tea with you - I'll get a cover for the cup." It's only a few moments of rummaging before she returns, reaching for his mug to secure a wooden piece to the top. "You can bring it back next time you visit." Another brief glance, a small, hopeful smile, and she pushes the cup back.

She'll walk him to the door, opening it and nodding as he leaves. "Finn... it was really nice to see you," the girl chimes as he departs, pushing a lock of hair back behind her ear. "Good luck with your report."
Amalia
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
"Oh, you don't have to--" But she's already getting a cover for his tea, Finn straightening up and mumbling a thank you to the floor. He drifts back into the main room under her direction, gathering his coat, his briefcase and the rest of his belongings. There's barely enough room to hold the cup once Amalia hands it over to him, Finn offering her a quick smile for her trouble. "I'll be sure to do that," he says about returning it, though when he'll have the time (or the social fortitude) is beyond him.

"It was good to see you too, Amalia. I hope that you settle into Stormbreak without too much trouble," he says, seeming quite bedraggled after shrugging into his coat, stepping out of the door and glancing over his shoulder to her. "I'll need the luck, thank you." Another faint smirk. "Good luck with... well. Good luck." Without further ado, he ghosts away down the corridor, back into the depths of the Tower.

~FIN
FINN