[SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon
the priest
Give your heart and soul to charity
'Cause the rest of you
He nodded quietly, agreeing with her; funerals were always his least favourite services to do, the lost and mournful eyes of his congregation staring up at him always able to wrench at his heart. Gideon wanted to do all he could to protect those who came to his temple, but he could not save them from death; that was the Voice's ambition, and look where it had ended up. Unfortunately, the natural way was the best.

Looking up at the falling branch in the fire, he sat in silence and watched too, nothing much to say and enjoying the quiet companionship on the beach. His entire job was talking, days taken up with theological debate and explanation; it was nice to simply be silent for a while.

When she spoke he was not opposed though, looking up and smiling at her willingness to participate in further events; perhaps she really could overcome her Abandoned nature, like he had heard of some doing. That she asked him to preach, a request that immediately had him grinning and moving to a more straightened position, gave him even more hope.

"Ludo. I don't know where to begin - I met it, recently, and it was the most..." Gideon shook his head with a laugh, still truly touched by the meeting. "Amazing thing. Ludo is a playful God, and fair in it's own way, though it can be harsh. Maybe not the best God to meet first...but it's still a wonderful sight." Enough about his personal experience, though: Gideon had preached for years without having seen any of the Gods, and there was so much more to say.

Placing his hands together, he continued. "When we die, Ludo comes to collect our souls. I've heard for Outlanders it adjusts the journey to look however you might expect it to, for comfort - our Gods can be merciful to those that the Voice has brought, even under the circumstances." Gideon hoped Aurelia would understand the significance of that. "Mort looks after the souls, Ludo is the transport; not that it's role is any less important. Any questions?"
The best of you, Honey, belongs to me

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees - by Aurelia - 11-20-2020, 05:08 AM
RE: [SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees - by Gideon - 12-11-2020, 11:13 PM