[SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
AURELIA
and my hands aren't clean
maybe they never will be
Her countenance became shadowed, her mind darkening. She could feel herself closing off in that moment. To lay her truths so bare, only for him to dismiss them by justifying such evil actions. She said nothing, at first, until her ashy hand lifted up toward him, gesturing for her knife. "I need that, if you don't mind," the words left her blankly. It was true; she had much more to whittle away on the piece of driftwood before she could fasten the freshly-stained cloth to it. If he obliged she would set to it, working with care until it resembled a figure with a childlike, anonymous face.

Silence, all but for the sound of a blade cutting through wood, would take its place between them. Her mind, however, was anything but. It wasn't until her work was done that she looked at Gideon again.

"Machinery can destroy just as well as it can create, I've seen it with my own eyes in my own world," she pointed out, "but it's not machines that you should worry about. It's the ones running them, operating them, putting them into motion. Without someone to tell it what to do, a machine will sit and waste away - and nature will take back what belongs to it," memories of forgotten relics and ruins, sunk back into the earth, crossed through her mind. "The Voice is your problem, not the Ascended. Deep down, you must know that." Her gaze flickered, searching his face.
but they can still carry you home
when you're ready to sleep

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees - by Aurelia - 11-20-2020, 05:08 AM
RE: [SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees - by Aurelia - 01-02-2021, 09:05 AM