Mini Event When the end will not reveal its face
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper thought over Delphia's question ... and shook her head. "She promised to defend us as her own if we were attacked, but preparing for an attack wasn't part of our deal; I expect she would decline. Especially as we haven't yet held up our half of the bargain and traded her the supplies she needs."

Not as helpful as she would have liked, then, but it was better than nothing, wasn't it? "Still, if we are attacked, sending word to Halo should be a priority. If the portal is still open, at least ... If we close the portal, then I can't imagine they'll be able to do much -- we may not even be able to get word to them. Unless they made a retaliatory attack on the Hollowed Grounds through their portal, but I don't know if the Warden would agree to that. In any case, I don't think it's necessarily worth keeping the portal open simply for aid from Halo -- especially if closing it will allow us to restore the Mathair. But I'm not a tactician."

Honestly, Juniper felt that restoring the Mathair should be a priority, whether or not it meant closing the portal. It might not help the war effort that much -- oh, she didn't like the idea that there was a war effort now -- but if they could bring back their goddess, return her from ruin ... It wouldn't bring back the Fae guards the Ascended had killed, but it might help the Greatwood heal. And if it came to war, they would need a good bit of healing.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
Despite Alina's grimace, Remi looks optimistic. "That sounds like precisely what we need. If you need anything...": He trails off though instead of raising his voice in a question. Alina has always seemed to be the independent type, or at least if not independent, not looking for his help. Still, this was about more than just them now, and he'd make himself available however he was needed.

Nodding toward Delphia and silently wondering to himself if seeking out Frey might not be a more appropriate strategy, he then turns toward Juniper as she speaks. "Once I created two-way parchment that would display on the other whatever was written. I can no longer do such things, but recently Ludo made Ronin and I charms that would allow messenger ravens to always find us. I'm sure I could ask it for something similar again. Perhaps a way for all leaders—" Not that that's what he was, "—to have some form of instantaneous contact."

And as for the Mathair? He knew nothing of their former goddess or how she might be healed or restored.

"Alright then. Delphia will speak to Mort, Alina will complete her quest for Safrin, and Juniper, will see what might be done about the Mathair?"
Now don't you look so grand, runnin'
Through the reds of my traffic lights
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Looking at Remi, Alina nodded once. "I will let you know. But I should have everything I need soon." Her eyes flicked to Juniper, as the other Fae had already been tasked with helping Alina gather the last item.

"All leaders? Including the Wraith?" Pressing her lips together, she shook her head.

Raising her eyebrows at the limits of their deal, such as it was, with Halo, she sighed. Her eyebrows crept further up as the Lullaby assigned them their tasks. "I suppose that works. If something comes up in the meantime, I'll post about it on the Notice Board." Standing up, she tucked her knife away and slid the wood she'd been whittling into her pocket.

Glancing around at the group, her wings fluttered. "Unless there's anything further to discuss?"
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
"I can ... try." The truth was, Juniper had no idea how the Mathair might be healed and the portal closed, but she didn't want to let down her side of the war preparations -- and she doubted anyone else had more insight. Perhaps some of the elders among the Fae would understand the workings of the Mathair better than she did. Or maybe she could pray to the Old Gods for insight ... Frey, in their nature incarnation, might be able to set her on the right path. "I'm not sure if it's possible, but I will look into it."

Could she pray to the Mathair herself? Or was the Fae's goddess too wounded to provide any answers? She'd figure it out. Somehow.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
The look Remi gives Alina is hard to parse. Wessex was once a friend, sort of. That they were now on opposite sides of things was mere happenstance, and if there was to be a war, the alchemist at least hoped that it would be a fair one. It didn't bother him at all to imagine a situation in which a plea for help to Halo and Torchline was received by the Grounds as well.

With a look toward Delphia, Remi tugs in a breath. "Shall we?" He asks. They have gods to speak with and plans to make.

"Thank you for meeting with us. I know that...I know the fae would likely prefer to keep to themselves, and I am sorry for the intrusion." And genuinely, he was. But they all had their roles to play here, and despite being one of the more unwieldy of the demigods when it came to following orders, in this at least—with Ronin as his motivation—he'd do as he was told.

~FIN
Now don't you look so grand, runnin'
Through the reds of my traffic lights
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.