Mini Event When the end will not reveal its face
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper thought over Delphia's question ... and shook her head. "She promised to defend us as her own if we were attacked, but preparing for an attack wasn't part of our deal; I expect she would decline. Especially as we haven't yet held up our half of the bargain and traded her the supplies she needs."

Not as helpful as she would have liked, then, but it was better than nothing, wasn't it? "Still, if we are attacked, sending word to Halo should be a priority. If the portal is still open, at least ... If we close the portal, then I can't imagine they'll be able to do much -- we may not even be able to get word to them. Unless they made a retaliatory attack on the Hollowed Grounds through their portal, but I don't know if the Warden would agree to that. In any case, I don't think it's necessarily worth keeping the portal open simply for aid from Halo -- especially if closing it will allow us to restore the Mathair. But I'm not a tactician."

Honestly, Juniper felt that restoring the Mathair should be a priority, whether or not it meant closing the portal. It might not help the war effort that much -- oh, she didn't like the idea that there was a war effort now -- but if they could bring back their goddess, return her from ruin ... It wouldn't bring back the Fae guards the Ascended had killed, but it might help the Greatwood heal. And if it came to war, they would need a good bit of healing.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
When the end will not reveal its face - by Remi - 11-20-2020, 06:51 PM
RE: When the end will not reveal its face - by Juniper - 12-03-2020, 05:01 PM