crack my knuckles
Loren
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Neron
i love you as
certain dark things are to be loved
He can always count on Loren to bring the mood down, even now, and he reaches out to clap his brother on the shoulder as if to tell him not to think of that right now. Especially not when they were about to be the life and soul of the Kraai, not to mention positioning themselves around a lot of alcohol. "Fine, I'll laugh instead," he tells him, leading him in and behind the bar. It has quietened down a little, allowing a couple of the other workers to go on break, and Neron sets himself to wiping glasses clean.

"The Advocates are pretty wily, but they've got nothing on a Launceleyn or two," he says with a sly grin, not mentioning (of course) that he happens to be part of that illustriously dark organisation. Besides, his attention soon turns back to Loren as he spots the fur rippling up his arms. "Not the time." Smiling more gently, he reaches out to touch a hand to his forearm. "I'll let you know if I run into anyone like that, okay? Now come on - there's work to be done."
in secret
between the shadow and the soul
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
I get knocked down, but I get up again
Reaching up to squeeze Neron's hand, Loren sighed. Plastering on a smile, he nodded at the few patrons he recognized as he passed them. "As long as it's not a cackle we'll be fine." At that he snorted, since cackling was practically a family tradition. As they slid behind the bar, he snagged a cloth and tossed it over a shoulder. Picking up an empty glass, he added it to the pile that needed to be cleaned.

"Somehow I don't think Jace and Beatrix have the wiles that we do." At the warning and the reassurance, he took a deep breath. Closing his eyes for a moment, he forced his shifting under control. When he was calm, he opened his eyes and groaned, though his lips twitched upwards as he did. "Yes, yes, gotta work or my boss will have my ass."
you're never gonna keep me down
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Neron
i love you as
certain dark things are to be loved
"Oof, I'll do my best. Haven't let a cackle slip out in a while - let's keep it that way," Neron drawls back at his brother, easy camaraderie slipping in now that they're behind the bar together and, for all intents and purposes, putting on a show. He finishes wiping the glasses and turns to nod at the next patron to take their order while his twin gets himself under control.

Reaching past Loren for a liquor bottle and pouring a measure into a tumbler that's already misting over with ice in his palm, he snorts at him in agreement. "Less wiles, more wild," he says with a nod, turning back to the bar to deliver the drink. "You're right, he will," he says of the Firebrand's 'boss'. "I don't pay you to stand around and brood." He doesn't pay him at all, but it's the principle of the thing.

Either way, this is about as easygoing as things have ever been between them, and honestly, Neron can't help but think that maybe Launceleyns were born to work behind bars.

They certainly have the charisma for it. Mostly.

~FIN
in secret
between the shadow and the soul