Empty Bottle
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
AURELIA
and my hands aren't clean
maybe they never will be
Aurelia's face contorted with the realization that his point was true, eyes narrowing thoughtfully. He'd only be trading one problem for another, personal as they were. She supposed she'd rather live with her family than be on her own, too. If she had the choice, anyway...

The Ark was never truly lonely, though. Jack and Seven, keeping busy with the crew... the steady rock of the sea, pestering seagulls. These things all filled the silence and the space around the ship. It breathed a life of its own. Still, however, they were not her family, and even if she felt loyal to them... they couldn't replace those she'd lost. Maybe one of these days she might make a place of her own to stay at while the Ark was docked.

She relished another drag from her cigarette before she tossed it into the ashy firepit, not noticing that Milo had rested his chin on her shoulder until she felt the absence of his touch. She glanced back at him, looking him up and down staidly, listening with a slight raise of her brows when he clarified that he did have a place. He just didn't like being there because it was lonelier.

Aurelia blinked, confusion furrowing her brow. She wanted to ask 'who'. Who would do that? But she refrained, watching as his rich gaze drifted out towards the ocean. That thousand yard stare came creeping back into her gaze. She lifted her hand and shifted a bit so she could rub the back of her fingers along his jawline. "You've got me, now, too... if you want," she murmured, letting her hand fall and her gaze travel again after a moment's hesitation.

"I get it, though... I tried to leave home when I was younger. It didn't really work out... I knew my mom needed me at home and my job was terrible. Eventually I went back. Got back in time to say goodbye..." she scoffed angrily, voice starting to shake, trying to bar the pain with anger, "I knew she was sick and she didn't have much time left. The only one I mattered to was gone, and I... I took her for granted. That was the loneliest feeling in the world, I think..." She pressed her lips together for a moment, feeling her skin flush with heat from her flaring temper, but she held it together regardless.

"I promised my sisters I'd never leave them again." She shook her head, chewing her thumb, refusing to look at him.
but they can still carry you home
when you're ready to sleep
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILO
this is for the snakes and the people they bite
for the friends i've made, for the sleepless nights
He leans into the touch to his jaw, the way the back of her fingers run along his jawline. His head tilts to press his cheek against her hand a bit more before it’s soon gone, gaze shuddering slightly as it travels, as her words hit him. “Oh?” His head tilting back to its normal position while he focuses on the waves again, listening to her next tidbit of her life, the cigarette pulled back up to his lips as he draws in deeply.

The arm wrapped around her middle tightens a bit, a soothing touch as his thumb brushes along her skin in smooth circles. He can feel the tension in her, as her words draw darker, as he can hear the regret that bubbles out of her. So he embraces her again, head tucked in along her shoulder again, smoke curling around his nose as he puts the butt out in the sand beside him, tossing the rest in the remains of the fire as she had done hers,  before his other hand wraps around her, tucking her in tight to him again.

You got t’say goodbye at least..?” He murmurs against the rogue pieces of her hair that have fallen out of being tied up, his mind contemplating what to say next. “’M sure she must’a knew it was hard fer you. ‘M sure she didn’t think y’loved her any less.” Milo comments quietly, running through the thoughts that pour into his mind. “’M sorry ya had t’be alone too, though… But  y’aren’t alone now. ‘M here for ya too, if ya want that.” He wonders if she can feel the slight edge of a smile on his face where he remains perched along her shoulder, a reflection of her own prior comment.
for the warning signs i've completely ignored
there's an amount to take, reasons to take more
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
AURELIA
maybe they never will be
Aurelia gritted her teeth as his arm tightened around her waistline, arms flinching a bit and her shoulders stiffening with the instinct to push him away. But he rested his chin back on her shoulder, and the muscles there softened. A  deep breath hauled through her nostrils, just managing to tame the anger. She tipped her head back to lean against his. As he tucked his other arm around her, she let her hands fall to wrap around his, to find comfort in the warmth.

The grief and misery slowly ebbed away with his words. Deep down, she agreed with him, but it was hard to let go of the sense of responsibility she had. It had to be her fault, it had to be. Because she could've done more. What if she'd made it all worse by leaving? It was a selfish act to save herself the pain when, in reality, the pain would be there either way. "Yeah, I know, but... if I could go back in time, I would never have left her to begin with," she muttered, eyelids drooping. Her jawline feathered as it unclenched.

What else was there to say? The time was already gone and, now, so was that world. That existence was so far away, it may as well not exist to Aurelia now. At least she had her memories, even if a lot of them were bad or disturbed by the mysterious absence of her father. Her life seemed to come undone from that point. But she was in Caido now, and the only thing that was impacted by her frayed past was her - for as long as she let it stay that way, at least.

Milo's voice brought her back to him again, though, and her eyes fluttered back open. "It's okay..."

She raised her brows slightly, feeling the smile in his words. She smiled too, bringing up a hand to play with his soft tangles of hair. "Oh?" she echoed, a soft huff of laughter leaving her lips. "I'd like that," she murmured more seriously, smile lowering, "I'd like that very much." The fingers swimming in his hair moved down to his cheek, gently pulling his face toward hers. She leaned into him, to kiss him softly.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MILO
Her hands drop to wrap around his, and he makes space within the blanket to wrap her up with him, sharing his warmth with her even as she debates against herself internally, as the flames of her rage smolder and burn. But it begins to ebb away and he listens to her voice as she offers a bit of hindsight to it. And he nods, head perched on her shoulder. “She knows that too, ‘m sure.” But there wasn’t anything else they could do, really.

It had to be something they needed to learn to live with, and hopefully given some time here Aurelia would be able to come to terms with it too.

But then he’s giving her his quiet offer, a softer smile on the edge of his lips now as her gaze opens to meet his and the sun has sparked over the horizon, the Hels above crying out their morning calls. Her hand rises into his hair and he leans his head into it just a touch, focusing on her face and raising a brow playfully as she considers it and speaks. And it’s sweet, something that holes up within him, as he shifts one hand out from being wrapped around her to travel up to her jaw and her neck, to rest there and let his thumb smooth over her skin in soft circles on her jaw as he kisses her back.

He breaks away quicker than he’d like, but he presses a soft kiss to her cheek. “I think I’d like that too.” He agrees, nose brushing along her skin as he nuzzles himself in a bit more. “I can show ya the space if ya like. Y’don’t gotta stay if ya don’t want to, but if yer lookin to not sway while ya sleep it’s an option.” His head lifts, gaze seeking hers with that playful raise of his brow again.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
AURELIA
maybe they never will be
It was a sweet and savory moment, and so were his lips; she could taste leftover poultices from the various fruits. An intimate shiver ran up her spine at his gentle touch along her jaw and neck, leaning further into him. He broke from the tender kiss, though, and her lips dragged away reluctantly. She hummed out something in protest, keeping her eyes closed as he nuzzled into her. She nuzzled back, rubbing her cheek against his cold nose.

Her eyes pried open at his offer, however, surprise clear in her expression as it tensed up. She leveled on that playful gaze of his. It already seemed so familiar, so like him. She expected it at that point, and she was glad to see it. However, she stirred and leaned back, not having expected him to so boldly offer her a place to stay.

Her brows furrowed and she frowned. "I- I don't know..." she glanced away, cheeks burning, feeling pressured, embarrassed, ashamed. Cornered might've been a word for it, but she knew that his intentions were nothing less than good. Maybe that was what made it feel all that much worse. But he had no idea, and she didn't want him to, not because she didn't want to be honest; because she couldn't be. Or he'd never welcome her into his life like that.

She forced a smile onto her face, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. "I just started getting used to it," sweeping a strand of curls behind her ear, she looked back to him, trying to make light of it all, "once I get over the seasickness, it's actually quite calming." She let out a nervous laugh.

Aurelia knew he'd want more of an answer, though, so she cleared her throat, trying to make a decision that was right but, her mind and her heart were not agreeing on what that was. "Maybe sometimes...that would be nice, if you're there."
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
She nuzzles in and he keeps her held close to him, listening for the response to the question he poses, letting his brown gaze flicker along her face as he draws away just enough as she glances away. There’s the briefest hue of red on her cheeks and Milo’s already parting his lips to comment on how he doesn’t intend on her moving in or it having to be a thing if she doesn’t want it to be – but he spies the smile she gives, how it doesn’t meet the rest of her eyes, and his playful smile falters slightly.

Mm, I bet.” He murmurs in response to the seasickness, letting the joke wash over him before she clears her throat and continues. It’s not too convincing, however, and he offers her an easy smile, arms squeezing around her gently. “Like I said, y’don’t hafta. It’s jus’ an option.” Perhaps that might give her some relief. “Doesn’t gotta be a thing ‘r anythin’. Whatever y’want it t’be. Whether it’s now ‘r later.” His shoulders rise and fall, offering a shrug to her in response, hoping it helps soothe the sudden shift in the moment.

The sun rises higher now, the hues brightening the sky and reflecting off their skin as he watches her, pausing to clear his throat lightly. “I can b’there when’ver y’want me t’be.” He leans in again to press a kiss gently to her cheek, to the corner of her lips, before settling – wondering if any of those answers would be enough for her, to smooth over the overstep he’s made even if he isn’t quite too sure what it might be.

Still, he’d be lying if the thought of things going too quickly didn’t make him a bit antsy. It was, after all, what Zeph had told him not to do. But she’s beautiful, mysterious to him, and as far as he knows, she likes him too well enough that the idea of it all drags him into her gravity.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
AURELIA
maybe they never will be
Aurelia's attempt at seeming fine was in vain. He saw right through it. She knew that his hasty words were meant to undo any infringement but, she could not shake the feelings that gnashed in her chest, beating against her ribcage in the hopes that she'd let them out. Her hands squeezed around his, trying to encourage him just as much as herself, but what words to say were lost on her for the moment.

A ray of sunlight lit up his red hair, coloring it a striking orange, and she couldn't help but to look at him then as the morning light truly settled over them, as he placed a kiss near her mouth. The warmth that surrounded her eased the tension along her body, even if only just. Someday, everything would come back to bite her in the ass - and it would be her own undoing. But for now, she wanted to relish this.

"Whenever I want you, huh?" She smiled at that, leaning back on his shoulder and planting a small kiss along his jaw. She was inexperienced in this, which was maybe.. evident. Her life had been a long series of events, not leaving much room for things like passion or sex or romance. Even time for friendship was scarce. She'd kind of.. taken those things where she could get them but, it always left her feeling unfulfilled.

And that thought, alone, was enough to make her feel sick to her stomach if she looked back on things. She'd never been able to truly be with anyone, could never slow down enough to. She wasn't sure where she wanted things with Milo to go. But she was sure she liked him, that she didn't plan on hurting him, and that was... a way to approach it. He made her feel... great, and wonderful, and terrible and scared all at once.

"Well, if... this.. is 'not a thing', then I want to not be a thing.. with you," she quirked her brows, "does that make sense?" she smiled, because she knew it didn't.

"Nevermind," she looked away, blushing - although in a different way, now, "it definitely doesn't."
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
He might not be anything more than a runner, but Milo’s entire life has revolved around being around people, being able to read them to an extent, to learn who and what could be trusted. It helps him here as he sees through the veil she puts up, that mask that hides her away from him. So he tries to placate it, tries to smooth over the rough edges where he can.

Perhaps it works, perhaps he’s just internally stoking his own ego at helping her out of it as the sun rises higher, illuminating them more fully when he leans in and presses his gentle kiss to the corner of her lips. It smooths out, Milo offering an easy squeeze back to her prior one as she leans her head on his shoulder, pressing a kiss to his jaw. It sparks a huff of a laugh to leave him, her comment, his arm tightening around her again. “When’ver ya want me.” He repeats, the amused smirk in his lips affecting his tone, sure she could probably feel the warmth within it.

As for the rest of it, though, he’s content to sit there in silence with her – only it doesn’t last. Not as her question is aired, something that both doesn’t make sense and something that does. Something that’s all of it combined, wrapped up in a pretty bow for the young smuggler to figure out. So he does manage to bark out a laugh, settling to rest his chin on her shoulder again. “Do y’wanna be a thing?” He asks, raising a red brow, bronze eyes shifting to her curiously. “Or d’ya wanna jus’ be with me?” Whether it is or isn’t a thing, them being together somewhat made it a thing. He supposes it’s just how official she wishes to make it. But again, the question doesn't make much sense, and it's that air of both their confusing questions that has him unable to keep the quiet laugh from his lips.

Milo’s just along for the ride.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
AURELIA
maybe they never will be
Her eyes lifted up in surprise, a silent 'wait, really?' at his question. There was a sudden urge to throw the blankets aside and jump his bones right then and there, but she quelled that.

"Hmm, I dunnooo..." she made like it was a tough decision, bringing up her hand to cup her chin and staring 'into the distance' with a hard stare. She couldn't help the smile that twitched at her lips, though. Her eyes swiveled back to him quickly, not able to keep up the façade for long. His brown eyes had her crumbling at his fingertips, admittedly.

She nudged him playfully, dropping the joke. "Yes. I want both. All of it. Is that too much to ask?" asks the question with an air of confidence, expression falling with the honesty. The assurance felt unexpected, even for herself but, she really didn't have much doubt in her answer. She leaned back on one hand, letting go of his, and searched those pools of honey for his reaction.

She wanted him. Plain and simple. Even if they were still very new to each other, happiness is fleeting. You have to catch it before it passes you by. Aurelia didn't want to live the same life anymore, didn't want to go on with that same feeling of... unfulfillment. Yes, certain doubts lingered because of course they did, but every time she looked at him she found that she didn't really give a damn.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
His question is aired, amusement arriving in the form of soft laughter that leaves him. It’s quelled by the surprise that overtakes her, those pale green eyes widening before she puts on another front, one that Milo clings to with a crooked grin. And he watches, as she makes the show of deciding, his head tilting slightly quite like a dog as he hangs onto her thoughts, onto her consideration.

But then she nudges him, dropping it, her own reply full of confidence and honesty that has him playfully acting wounded by the nudge – a hand flying to his side, fiery bronze eyes illuminated by the sunlight flicking to her face with equal bits of entertainment, a brief flickering of feigned pain before it shifts as her answer rebounds in his mind and he has to take a moment to realize what it was she was saying. So he pauses, searching her own face for the lie within it, and when he doesn’t find it he can’t help the swift and easy grin that slants along his face.

Y’know? I don’ think so.” Sure, they didn’t really know each other all that well – but Milo does know one thing. She’s in his line of work, he doesn’t have to hide what he does from her, he doesn’t have to hide or run, and that in and of itself is drawing him closer and closer. She was smart, beautiful, an Outlander with so many experiences and still she’d picked him among it all. Perhaps he’s naïve, perhaps he’s just gotten trapped in her web, but he finds himself going quite willingly.

So he leans forward, nudging her to trap her again against him, leaning in but stopping before he can press a kiss to her. “S’here’s t’bein’ a thing or not a thing… but together.” It’s a whisper for them and the sun that rises higher, for the gulls and hels to hear as they fly above, searching her face one last time before he leans in for the kiss finally.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
AURELIA
maybe they never will be
Aurelia couldn't help the smile that cracked her serious demeanor as he feigned hurt. She narrowed her eyes playfully at him, knowing full well he was fine. He'd gotten her with it before, because.. well, sometimes she just didn't know her own strength. But she knew better this time, and her smile faded again as she awaited his own response to her answer, hanging onto every minute expression in his eyes.

The grin that spreads along his handsome face and his declaration of it not being too much made her laugh a bit. It was a notion of both relief and delight. When he leaned toward her, her expression softened into a smile as she gazed down to the unique shapes his lips made as he spoke. The words came out soft and sweet, and she glanced back up to his eyes. "Together," she breathed the word, breathed its meaning as if she'd been holding her breath a long time.

Her eyes sank shut as she met him halfway for the kiss, eager to intertwine her lips with his. Her hand swept around to hold his arm, to hold him to her just as much as he was holding her to him. It glided up his bare skin to his neck, fingers sliding into the edges of his hair, her thumb finding a place along his jawline.

She broke the kiss after, well, she wasn't counting. But she broke it, regrettably, her thumb still stroking his stubble slowly. Her eyes were still closed as well, as she hovered there. "Mm, Milo, can I ask you something?"

She blinked open her eyes, a glint in them.

"Before you go. Will you join me? For a swim?"
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
He can’t fool her, but that’s fine. After all, it’s all part of the show he feigns, one that drops immediately as he’s leaning in, confirming with her what it was they’d be, what they’d become – even if Milo has no idea where to even start with it. So instead, her breathy confirmation is met with them both leaning in for the kiss, one that Milo lets himself dive into, his hands and arms snaking around her middle to keep her close while her hand lifts to his jaw and his hair.

It breaks before he wants it to, the briefest edge of a whine leaving his throat. But she doesn’t pull away fully, that thumb still at his jaw, his eyes opening and peering at her even if hers remain closed for the moment. A dark brow rises, head cocking a bit. “Hmm?” He asks, waiting for the answer, watching her pale green gaze open and meet his, a glimmer in them that’s as mysterious as she is.

And Milo, ever the moth drawn to her flame, lets one hand loosen around her, to run his palm along her side as if he’s making a show of considering it. After what feels like forever of making her hold on, there’s a crooked and softer smile that crosses his face. “Aye well, I don’ see why not?” He agrees, shifting them in the sand so that they might get up, in order to take that adventure to the sea for a swim.

Of course, he still isn’t wearing anything. But it’s Torchline, he’d rather his clothes didn’t get wet anyway, and who’s to say anyone’s up this early who’d even give a second glance. “’s gonna be cold though.” He murmurs, looking back to the water illuminated like moving flame before his gaze flickers back over to her, a red brow raised curiously, before he moves toward the ocean, sucking in a sharp whimper of breath as the cold wave crashes against his feet. "Yeh, it's fuckin' cold!" He calls back to her, hoping the quiet laughter blocks the sensation of his voice quivering with the distraction.

It doesn't stop the muscles along his back from flexing though in anticipation, the little red marks she's left along his spine bright against his bronze skin, though they already begin to fade.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
AURELIA
maybe they never will be
Aurelia caught the whine that hitched in his throat, but she stayed back for the moment - much as she burned to give into what he wanted. He took his time giving her an answer, to which she prompted him by way of a kiss brought to his cheek. Aurelia didn't know where she wanted to start, either, but a swim seemed as good a place as any. There didn't have to be pressure that weighed them down, they could just... do what felt right. That was all she wanted, even if that voice in the back of her mind scolded her for not telling him the whole truth.

But he answered, and she grinned with excitement. She pulled away and was kicking off her shoes and socks, needing no more of an answer than that. Milo stood up and she peered at him from the corner of her eye as he already headed for the ocean, wearing nothing but his bronze skin. She'd have him no other way, though, eyeing the marks she'd left on his back. I'll have to leave deeper ones next time. She thought, noting how they seemed to disappear already.

A giggle echoed across the sand. It grew louder as she flew past him in nothing but her underwear and shirt, which billowed loosely around her torso as she took off into the water. It splashed around her ankles until she took a leap into the water. She landed with a splash, letting herself sink into the water so she was completely submerged. For a moment, she remained beneath the rolling waves beyond the shallows. Smiling to herself, she watched as startled fish darted away from her wake.

Ascending from the water so that only her head was above it, she treaded there, looking over at Milo as a shudder racked through her entire body. "Wh--whew!" She quivered, "Come-come on in, the water's fi-i-ine!" She grinned and swam backwards, trying to get her blood flowing so she could warm up to the water.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
She pulls away as he agrees, Milo moving already to stand and shed the blankets and everything else behind, in favor for a freezing ocean and a bright sunrise, for a beautiful woman that sheds most of her clothes before sprinting into the waves. His head follows her as she rampages through, hands instinctively coming up to brace against the cold droplets that land on his skin, a sharp yelp of surprise and laughter drifting from him as she settles beneath the water.

He can’t entirely be outdone, but gods is it hard to get into the water. By the time she’s risen again, peering back at him, he’s waist deep already in the frigid water, attempting to keep his teeth from chattering, arms held close to his body as he drifts nearer to her. “Nah, ‘Relia, ‘ts not.” He manages, barking another quiet laugh, attempting to get closer. “’m pretty sure I jus’ agreed t’somethin’ cold ‘n awful, huh?” He jests, until the water reaches his chest now and he shivers beneath the salty waves.

His face is already red, splotching from the chill, but he focuses on her with those bronze eyes again, waiting for his body to try and regulate it.