stories bound in sheepskin
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
Henry's brows raised at her offer, and he chuckled, placing his hands on his hips. But his smile waned at her mention of going to Halo. Yes, he'd remembered. Of course he had, because Aisha had become such a fast and exciting friend - how could he forget that she was leaving? At least it was to pursue her lifelong purpose, though, and he was happy for her - that in spite of the odds stacked against her (what with being an Outlander), she'd still carved a place in Caido for herself. Henry knew he had, too, with the farm and everything - but somehow, he felt a longing tug at his heart.

"So you're really going, then," he said, a quiet thoughtfulness to his voice. But he forced a lighter expression back onto his face and turned to the barn, beckoning her with one hand. "Come on, I've got something for you..." His excitement for her reaction to it was replaced by the realization that she was leaving, and that this would likely be the last time he saw her - for a while. Perhaps he'd visit her sooner rather than later but, events seemed to be unfolding in the Grounds that made him think it better if he stayed.

He revealed these thoughts as he led her, "I'd come with you, if I could. I want to leave, honestly, and my parents have started to open up to that idea - as long as it's temporary," he paused to explain, "they want me to take over the farm soon. But the other day, I went to the temple with Wessex and the council. The Voice came to us, told us about what she'd been through with the Order. They're worried, Aisha, those people are trying to close in on the Ascended. I know I'm not one of them but, I want to help," Anger made his brows furrow and difficult questions which had no answer wrinkled the place between them. "We set up a protective perimeter to try to keep the Order out of the Grounds, though, so hopefully that will work... but I have my doubts. And I can't leave knowing that I might be able to help make this place safer. It is my home, after all..."

He knew she may not feel the same connection to the Grounds as him, since she wasn't born and raised there, didn't feel the history of the land running through her blood, but he still hoped she understood to some extent. That he wasn't a fool for making this decision, that sacrificing his own selfish desires for the greater good wasn't as bad as it felt. A sigh racked his body.
HENRY

Messages In This Thread
stories bound in sheepskin - by Aisha - 12-01-2020, 02:42 AM
RE: stories bound in sheepskin - by Henry - 12-03-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: stories bound in sheepskin - by Aisha - 12-04-2020, 05:14 PM
RE: stories bound in sheepskin - by Henry - 12-04-2020, 10:24 PM
RE: stories bound in sheepskin - by Aisha - 12-06-2020, 07:57 PM
RE: stories bound in sheepskin - by Henry - 12-06-2020, 08:23 PM
RE: stories bound in sheepskin - by Aisha - 12-08-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: stories bound in sheepskin - by Henry - 12-13-2020, 02:13 AM
RE: stories bound in sheepskin - by Aisha - 12-13-2020, 04:05 PM
RE: stories bound in sheepskin - by Henry - 12-19-2020, 08:01 AM