standing in the way of control
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
and that the world is always our fault
when we did nothing, how did we do wrong?
It was an understatement to say that she didn't feel like herself.

Since Aurelia had come to Caido, she didn't feel right. Obviously, she was still her. She still had the same drive, same instincts (although those were beginning to change), same skills, same body. Only, that body had different limitations now. She fatigued faster, she wasn't able to lift as much or carry as far, and so on. Now that she'd been in Caido for a while and found no answers, found that it wasn't changing and that she wasn't getting back to normal, she decided it was time to get a doctor's opinion. Maybe something was wrong with her, maybe she was ill.

She had her suspicions, of course, of what could be the cause. Her knowledge of magic wasn't by any means expert-level but, she did know that certain magics dabbled in curses and blessings. At least, as far as she knew, if she'd been cursed in her old world, it was plausible that it carried over into this one.

A cure, however... that was something she didn't know much about. She had been trained and informed on the ways of magic so that she could use that knowledge to kill, to cut down, to snuff out - not to mend or cure or heal. Taking those skills and radjusting them to fit a better, higher purpose, to forget the lessons instilled in her mind, would prove to be its own challenge.

So she couldn't do this alone.

She grabbed the doorknob quietly, slowly opening it. "Hello?" Looking inside at the clinic, she stopped short when she saw the incredibly strange creature drifting in the front lobby. Instinctually, Aurelia wanted to back out and walk away asking herself 'what the fuck was that thing?' but, it had an incredibly caming aura. Its presence was soothing. So, she slipped through the door fully, awkwardly staring at the starwhale in a mixture of uncertainty and curiosity, not sure how she felt about it. She had little time to dwell or try to make friends when she heard someone call from the upper floor.

The man that descended down the stairs, she recognized him. Immediately she knew who he was. Because Sunjata had told her about him, with a grin and a fondness that made her already appreciate him - even though she didn't know him personally. Not only that but, she had seen him give a doll to Ludo on that particular Ludo-night, a paper doll crafted and handled with care. She remembered that he'd gone to stand beside Sunjata, who was also there, and she wished she had been so bold as to go introduce herself then.

What a strange event it had been but, somehow, participating made her feel closer to the community in Torchline.

Upon being so up close to him, though, she took notice of the scarring across his face. The slash across his nose and the burns along his face told her he must have been through a lot...

With a soft smile, she walked forward to meet him and said, "You're Nate!" She extended her hand out to shake his with a flush of enthusiasm, "My name's Aurelia." Realizing he may not know how she knew of him, she explained, "I met your husband when I first arrived in Caido. He explained... a lot to me. I'm an Outlander, so it was a big adjustment, but he was very helpful - and he told me about you, as well. I've been meaning to come and introduce myself. I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner."
and I've been thinking that when we thought
the world would break us, that we weren't wrong

Messages In This Thread
standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-04-2020, 05:32 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-05-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-10-2020, 02:42 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-13-2020, 02:03 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-16-2020, 07:11 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-18-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-29-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-30-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 01-01-2021, 10:28 PM