standing in the way of control
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
and that the world is always our fault
when we did nothing, how did we do wrong?
Aurelia followed Nate up a separate set of stairs, another set. She hadn't realized the inner parts of the building were able to go up so high. Her gaze curiously traveled up the banister towards the sky as it crept up around them, the clinic's walls abandoned for the roof. She hadn't realized how suffocating it had felt, and how much she had needed a breath of fresh air. The floral taste and smell that came with it grabbed her attention. Even as Nate went for a nearby table, Aurelia hesitated by a particularly pretty ivy plant, running a leaf through her fingers. It stretched out around a bunch of other plants, slithering over any objects it could get its leafy clutches on.

Her expression hardened again, the sound of liquor being poured bringing her eyes back over to Nate. With a heavy sigh, she made her way over to a seat just as he finished filling her glass. Her brows raised and she gave him a grateful nod, bringing up one hand to rest it along the cold surface. But she didn't take a drink yet, feelings within her tightening her chest, suffocating her ability to relax.

Staring at the dark, amber liquid, her only response to his explanation of her magic types was a heavy swallow. Air, fine. She could live with that. Air was air, not exactly the worst kind of magic to have. But fire, that one made her bring the glass up to her lips at last. And she took such a hefty drink from it that it choked her up. The cough racked her, painful from the drink going down wrong, and suddenly her eyes were tearing up uncontrollably.

She set the glass back down and balled her hand into a fist, looking down, "I'm sorry, you don't have to do this, you must think... I'm... {something unintelligable}... for breaking down like this over something... like this. It just-" She bit back the tears, sniffling, using the back of her hand to wipe them away, fighting not to let more replace them. "Someone with fire- they killed my father," her gaze, furrowed and dark, lifted back up at Nate, wondering if then he might understand to some degree, "and... my life fell apart after that one fucking terrible, defining moment. It forced me to be someone I regret now, and now... I have that same magic, like it's just some part of me and nothing matters anymore and everything is so. backwards," she buried her face in her hands, shaking her head, letting her words fade into the open air. Her eyes blinked back up after a moment, reddened. "Must be payback for what I've done - to spite me or... something. For building character!" She added on miserably, bitterly, sarcastically, her emotional wounds festering beneath the barbed words as she looked away, across the roof. Her eyes didn't settle on any one particular thing, though.

Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a box of cigarettes and took one out for herself. Then, she placed it, open, on the table with the box of matches - in case Nate wanted one, as well. Given that he was an Ascended, she wasn't sure. She heard they couldn't really indulge in physical things except for their bite but, she'd leave them there anyway. She took a long drag from the smoke.
and I've been thinking that when we thought
the world would break us, that we weren't wrong

Messages In This Thread
standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-04-2020, 05:32 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-05-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-10-2020, 02:42 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-13-2020, 02:03 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-16-2020, 07:11 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-18-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-29-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-30-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 01-01-2021, 10:28 PM