the things we do for love
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
arms give away your need
Ronin can't help but smile to his husband, hopelessly in love and trying to press kisses to his fingertips as they travel from his face down towards his shoulder. He might have no power currently, but the other man's empathy will at least be able to soak in Ronin's feelings about it all. That he might have to do things, now and in future, that could drive a wedge between them. That this is how it is with Safrin, that there is no changing goddesses. There is only altering himself.

But of course then there's the whole waking up naked in bed next to another man, and the Star huffs out a laugh without being able to help himself. "Come again?" he blurts, smiling weakly and shifting to settle back beside his husband. Remi reaches to arrange the blankets and Ronin makes a point of arranging himself around the other man, drawing him close to share his heat, to keep him warm. He can't do much, but he can still do that.

"You woke up next to Finn?" He scoffs out a laugh, though he's still wincing at the idea of it. "Gods Remi, no, I imagine it didn't." He reaches out, threading gentle fingers through the Lullaby's hair, brushing a thumb across his stubbled cheek. "Are you alright?"
tie them up and around me
and play me as you please
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
right now everything you want is wrong
& right now all your dreams are waking up
'No, no, I didn't come at all.' Remi says with a mischievous huff of laughter. It's a joke perhaps too-near the conversation he later had with Finn, but at least on the face of it, it seems apt. Remi had woken up naked next to another man. Anyone else might have wondered if indeed something had happened.

"Mmm, unfortunately.' The alchemist confirms. Letting his head tilt into Ronin's fingers, Remi similarly shuffles himself to be pressed as close as he can to the man he's now willingly sharing a bed with. "I'm fine. I told Finn I would speak to Ludo about making some sort of charm to stop it from happening." Pulsing a non-verbal to Ronin out of habit, Remi clears his throat and considers how to put words to what he'd normally silently communicate.

"I didn't mean to...It wasn't like I found myself in his dream and then decided to go to him. I just...woke up there." Remi's voice is more bashful than it isn't strictly apologetic. It's hard to be contrite about something over which you have very little control, but then again, he did feel somewhat responsible if only for his complicated feelings toward Finn.

"Now that it has happened once...I can't promise it won't happen again."
The Lullaby
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
arms give away your need
Where Finn could not and would never appreciate this brand of Remi's humour, Ronin can only laugh into his husband's neck, having wound himself around the alchemist in a way that looks thoroughly complicated and uncomfortable on the surface, but that is blissful in reality. "What a shame," he hums, relishing the warmth starting to build between them, the safety at being wrapped up around the Lullaby. "That sounds like a smart idea. I don't know much about the man, but his nightmares were fucked up," he murmurs, knowing less than ever about his husband's complicated feelings.

"I imagine it will happen to a few people you've dreamed with, until you get a better handle on the magic," he murmurs, peeking up at Remi to kiss the corner of his mouth. "I might have to put myself willingly back under Safrin's thumb so we can have any sort of life together. I think I can handle you waking up next to other men by accident."
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Maybe next time." Remi hums back with a broad smile, knowing that it couldn't be farther from the truth. There would never be a time for it, of that he was absolutely positive. Perhaps that's why it was so easy to joke about, especially with the love of his life so near, making whatever he thought he needed of Finn seem absolutely laughable.

"You have no idea." And Ronin didn't. No one did, save for Finn, and Remi to some extent. "Probably. Amalia sent me a letter a few days ago, and I told her to keep a spare change of clothes just in case. I did try and dream with Isla, but..." Sadly, Remi just shakes his head. "She doesn't dream, so.." And honestly? That's the full roster of those the alchemist has dreamt with thus far.

Ronin's words aren't a surprise, but still Remi stiffens. "Maybe.." He hums, a plan already well underway in the back of his mind. Was it not true that heralds could be punished when they overstepped? Was there not a war brewing that called for all hands on deck? 'It's only you, for me. No matter what happens." Safrin's thumb or Finn's bed, it would always, always, be to Ronin that Remi returned.
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
arms give away your need
"Maybe," Ronin agrees. He has no idea, of course. No idea that a physical relationship between Remi and Finn is nigh on impossible, or that it doesn't even describe a small fraction of the strange connection that the two men share. He has no clue how deep the Spyglass's nightmares go, or what part Remi plays in them. Ronin's role in dreams is one of light and rescue; he is the barest ripple on the surface of the darkness that plagues others.

He smiles sadly back at his husband, giving him a gentle squeeze before burrowing back beneath the blankets around him. "I suppose she wouldn't, being Ascended." If he were thinking clearly, that might be worth keeping in the back of his mind. Ascended don't dream.

Remi stiffens and Ronin leans up automatically for a kiss, his lips and tongue gentle and slow, his hands warm and wandering. "It is only ever you for me," he agrees, the words a promise writ upon their lips. "That will never change, come what may." Come gods and wars, come men and machines. It doesn't matter.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I could put her to sleep though. I hadn't been thinking of it at the time...but it's useful to know for the future." Now isn't the time to strategize about wars, but it's an easy enough passing comment that Remi says it without too much thought.

Ronin's kiss utterly melts Remi, while his wandering hands make stiff structures of the alchemist's melted body. What do the men do with this strange start to their morning?

That's for you to imagine, and for the soldiers near the barracks to try and block out the noises coming from the small room.

~FIN
The Lullaby