Unveiling The Past
For Jigano
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Alright. I'll come." Sam agreed, knowing he had to make a verbal promise or he'd lose motivation for it later.

He didn't want to change his voice, not much anyway, so he shook his head. It was nice to hear Jigano did not consider it too much of a problem either, and a shy smile touched Sam's face. The other compliment, about his noticing things...he wasn't sure if he believed it, but it was nice to indulge in the fantasy that he was special.

"You lost magic? O-oh. I didn't think that could happen..." It sounded distressing. He hoped that he wasn't stepping into another emotional minefield when he asked: "What..do you mean sound and illusion? Like...you c-could make me see things that aren't there? That sounds a little frightening."
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Jigano's smile was wide and warm at the promise that Sam would come listen to his music more, and he nodded happily in acceptance of the deal.

His lips curved wryly at the question on his magic, though, and his fingers flickered as he mimed something blowing away in the wind. "I didn't think so either, not without a curse being cast, yet here I am - poof." He turned his hand up, fingers spreading wide in a swift motion. "All of my magical items that I had with me lost their enchantments or were turned to some mundane metal, too. It wasn't the most pleasant realization when I first tried to cast a spell but..." He shrugged, a weary little gesture with a sad smile. "I haven't found a way to change it, so I've been learning to live without. It's not the end of the world, really... I wasn't born knowing spells, after all. I had to learn or discover them as I grew, and even then they were mostly small things. It's been a bit like starting over, is all." Which was terrible enough, in its way, but not the end of the world it would have been for his old companion Oni...

Best not to dwell on those memories tonight.

"Illusion was one of my weakest talents, but yes, creating noises from thin air, or images that looked real, as long as you didn't look too close. Distraction and misdirection, mostly. The illusions weren't the frightening things, though." And the smile at those memories was a little harder and sharper than he usually shared with his gentle friend.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Jigano's plight sounded like Sam's worst nightmare, yet the other man had always seemed so put together and collected. To lose so much power, to lose the meanings of your possessions...all while in a totally new world. It was a wonder that most of the Outlanders weren't absolutely insane (though some of them were. One of them had started a church and others were running off to the spire every five minutes).

"That sounds...a little odd...but. I do hope you g-get back your powers. Soon, or I guess, even eventually." Sam ventured to gently put his hand on Jigano's on the table for just a second, a nervous attempt at comforting.

With that past, he took another drink from his tea; it was almost time for Jigano's set. As much as he was overwhelmed from some of the emotionality of the conversation, Sam found that he wanted to stay.