a grin as sharp as a knife
Declan Hel
Courier

Age: 32 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
DECLAN

Declan's icy gaze veers along the splotchy and hooked tattoo along Sunjata's arm. He snorts, amused, "'N' since then, you've been at 'er beck an' call. She sure does have an eye fer the pretty things." Whether he's calling Sunjata pretty, or the tattoo, is up for interpretation. Not like he cares how his words are taken. He also doesn't miss the opposing arm, all scarred with tendril-looking marks, gaze lingering on it as Sunjata proceeds to pour more amber liquid into his extended glass. Curious. Declan nods in silent thanks.

"Take it from me, friend', everythin's a trap," he picks up the glass and winks, adding with a sarcastic raise of his brows, "even this."

So there's more that Sunjata knows and didn't already tell him, and maybe that's apart of Declan's plan. Prodding, poking, offering a penny for the governor's thoughts. It seems that there isn't too much information about the Order that he isn't allowed to know. If there is, he probably isn't gonna get it. And Sunjata's interest in it seems lackluster. How... fuckin'... boring. He lets out a rugged sigh, pushes his fingers through his hair, and stands up. But he doesn't say anything, no response about Stormbreak, though he does tuck that piece of information and the idea he's got away for later.

He shrugs casually over to a shelf along the wall (because that's.. what offices have) and sets his drink down on it. He's silent for a little while, peering at some of the books or papers that rest in their proper places, perhaps prying one from the shelf and taking a gander at its contents. He turns back, half-facing the governor with a scrutinizing look in his eyes, and returns the book to the shelf.

"Where d'you get information from, Sunjata? An' I don' mean the shit everyone else knows." A hand that's leaning along the books sweeps over to the glass, to guide it up to chapped lips. He clears his throat when he's done, because the shit is pretty strong, and adds, "I've heard some about these little... Devil's Advocates y've got. 've also heard, ain' much at all.. been heard of 'em. Not in a while."

There's not much sense in beating around things until they're beaten senseless - and the drink is kicking in a bit, dulling Declan's tactful sensibility - which might've spurred him on to do just that. There was usually more purpose and intent behind a simple message or delivery. That's what he had been trying to get at before... He'd let Sunjata discover that via experience rather than explanation, though, since that seemed to be how the man learned best.
everything I do is wrong
but, by Gods, I do it right

Messages In This Thread
a grin as sharp as a knife - by Declan - 12-11-2020, 09:58 AM
RE: a grin as sharp as a knife - by Sunjata - 12-12-2020, 12:46 AM
RE: a grin as sharp as a knife - by Declan - 12-14-2020, 02:03 AM
RE: a grin as sharp as a knife - by Sunjata - 12-14-2020, 07:24 AM
RE: a grin as sharp as a knife - by Declan - 12-24-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: a grin as sharp as a knife - by Sunjata - 12-24-2020, 06:06 PM
RE: a grin as sharp as a knife - by Declan - 01-03-2021, 10:55 PM
RE: a grin as sharp as a knife - by Sunjata - 01-04-2021, 08:01 PM
RE: a grin as sharp as a knife - by Declan - 01-08-2021, 08:02 AM