Fresh Eyes
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
HENRY

Henry listened with quiet disappointment at the hunter's declaration of winter crops being hard to come by in Halo. He rolled his jaw in embarrassment, hiding it with another pull from his glass. Of course, the place wasn't known for its agriculture, after all. He wasn't entirely surprised by the answer he got, just a little let down, his smile faltering a bit. His eyes flickered up at the sound of moss and lichen growing through the frosts, though, the interest there mild.

"Those can prove useful for other crops, 'specially the kinds that need mulch to prosper, but... that's nothing I wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. 's a good thought, but... it doesn' seem worth the risk of collecting it from the Fangs," he let out a soft sigh, "I appreciate the information, anyway... We've figured out a way to potentially save the plants from the frost, so... hopefully that works. The Grounds aren't exactly known for being hospitable to crops, as you might know," He raised his brows in exasperation; it was something his family struggled with year after year - and not just his, either. It was a miracle that they managed to keep the sheep well-fed, though the fields certainly helped with that.

Henry shifted his hand around the glass, glancing down at it to hide the sharp grin that was sparked by Noah leaning forward more. He peered back up with a good-natured expression, quelling the excitement at the question that he was about to ask. "Welllll..." he glanced around, towards the bar with the grizzled hunter, and then back to Noah, "I don't know many hunters, but.. between you and that guy, I think I stand a better chance asking this of you." He let out a brief snort and tapped his fingers against the table, tipping his chin up towards Noah. "I was hoping you could teach me how to.. you know, track and hunt. Properly."

Smile softening, more seriously, he quickly added, "Of course, there'll be something in it for you, as well. My family owns a sheep farm, one of the only successful ones in the Grounds. I can give you leather, fur, meat... whatever you'd need. I even do a bit of leatherwork myself, make most of my own coats. And uh..." he grinned again, wide and humorous, "I'm a fast learner, I think."
No color left but black and white, soon will all turn gray
may these shadows rise to walk again With lessons learnt

Messages In This Thread
Fresh Eyes - by Henry - 12-13-2020, 02:07 AM
RE: Fresh Eyes - by Noah - 12-31-2020, 04:48 PM
RE: Fresh Eyes - by Henry - 01-04-2021, 07:57 PM
RE: Fresh Eyes - by Noah - 01-11-2021, 08:38 PM
RE: Fresh Eyes - by Henry - 01-13-2021, 09:20 AM
RE: Fresh Eyes - by Noah - 01-13-2021, 05:19 PM
RE: Fresh Eyes - by Henry - 01-17-2021, 07:29 AM
RE: Fresh Eyes - by Noah - 01-18-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Fresh Eyes - by Henry - 01-20-2021, 07:45 AM