[open] This is fine.
Straea Lukk
Vagabond

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150
Crushed and filled with all I found -
more, give me more, give me more
For a moment, I worry that he will refuse to take my hand and simply send me packing. I don't like to depend on a stranger, but if he doesn't see that I don't like it, everything will be fine. I keep up my mild smile and quirk a brow, and I do not withdraw my hand. Putting on a good front is a practiced art that started very young.

I don't hide my relief when he takes my hand - his are rough, like Bodja's - and he offers me his name. "Call me Jack."

"Jack," I repeat with a respectful nod. It's easy not to act like a queen anymore. I have not been one for some time. I wonder if he has any titles, and if he hides them.

"Behind me's the Kaiholo Port." He gestures with a nod over his shoulder to the colorful market and docks. "You're in a stretch of islands called Torchline. Main island's called Haulani. I'll give you that much for free. What's it worth for more?"

He doesn't release my hand. I temper my smile, and I hold his eye, and I all but loath the knowing smirk he's got on.

"You ain't my first Outlander, love. I know you've got nothin', so let's cut the crap here, shall we?"

Outlander. I've never heard that term before, nor had I ever heard of Torchline, or Haulani. As much as I hate his smirk, I hate even more how much I don't know. I could try and find someone else - but I have no way of knowing if the next person is worse or better.

Fucking perfect.

"If you know I have nothing, Jack, then what is it you hope to gain from me?" I finally dare to ask.
Straea

Messages In This Thread
[open] This is fine. - by Straea - 12-18-2020, 04:23 AM
RE: [open] This is fine. - by Jack - 12-18-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: [open] This is fine. - by Straea - 12-19-2020, 04:26 PM
RE: [open] This is fine. - by Jack - 12-20-2020, 12:19 PM
RE: [open] This is fine. - by Straea - 12-20-2020, 08:43 PM
RE: [open] This is fine. - by Jack - 12-23-2020, 03:28 PM
RE: [open] This is fine. - by Straea - 12-30-2020, 04:34 PM
RE: [open] This is fine. - by Jack - 12-31-2020, 11:31 AM
RE: [open] This is fine. - by Straea - 12-31-2020, 08:41 PM
RE: [open] This is fine. - by Jack - 01-01-2021, 09:00 PM