suddenly a genius, suddenly a fool
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
drop the dagger and lather the blood on your hands romeo
His attention only wavers for a moment, to check upon the rush and still of the bar around. When those icy blues do return to her, she smiles, still leaning in with a cheekiness about her. At his question she chuckled, "Oh you can't get rid of me, I'm a certified ningo eater now." She leaned out as he offered her a new shot, and with a little flourish of her fingers she beckoned the next round.

"I'm a Shield, keeping pretty faces like yours pretty and whatnot," she added as he poured her drink. An expectant palm was offered, Aisha had every intent of having fun tonight.
AISHA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Neron

"A certified ningo eater." Neron chuckles, reaching across to grab the bottle and pour her another shot, slipping it into her waiting palm and gesturing for her to enjoy. Fun it was guaranteed to be, and the rest of the Kraai is already starting to warm up around them. It's normally around now that one bard or another shows up, and when the drink is flowing and the music is rising, Neron can do little to stop things from getting raucous.

Still, he can't help but raise his eyebrows to hear she is a Deepfrost Shield, of all things, and he gives her a very respectful nod indeed. "Well, you can count on this place to keep you warm and dry when you're done defending Halo for the day. And keeping pretty faces like mine pretty," he assures her. "Have you met with the General then?" he wonders.
i am mine
before i am ever anyone else’s
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Neron chuckled at her jest, indulging her flourish with the prize. The next round was given a quick swish before she sipped at it, perhaps taking it slower now so that this conversation might last. Or maybe she just wanted to be coquettish as she peered over the rim, the bartender having obliged all her playful whims thus far.

She's offered a respectful nod when he finds out she's a Shield, not necessary but entirely taken with confidence. "Thank you," she replies, taking another sip, deciding then to finish it off and sit it back on the counter top. She let out a sigh, taking the warmth that brooded in her core all too for granted.

"He was the one who invited me here, I worked with him in the grounds militia for a while," before the new queen took control. Then she filtered out of that army, tensions rising and building towards a war with sides she couldn't very well decide between. She still struggled to convince herself that it wasn't running away, it was just choosing a new path. That doubt sometimes prickled her mind, but having thrived thus far in Halo it was slowly becoming insignificant.

"What do you think of him?" she asked, purely curious.
AISHA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Neron

"You're welcome. Our current Warden used to be a Shield, so you ought to fit in well." Neron grins, leaning casually against the bar now to watch and to listen. If Aisha wants to be coquettish then Neron will happily indulge her - he's an indulging sort of mood, and it isn't every day that the Kraai gets a visitor who isn't a half frostbitten guard grunting at the cold and scratching at his bollocks. What can he say? She makes a very refreshing change.

Raising his eyebrows to hear that she has much more than met Deimos, Neron drums long fingers across the counter and hums under his breath. "From one militia to another, hm? I didn't expect people to move from the Grounds to here. I thought it would be the other way around," he confesses. As for what he thinks of Deimos? The Launceleyn barks out a laugh. "I have never really held a conversation with him. I think I dislike him by default, given the look of the man."
i am mine
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha smiled at the reply, "I've met the warden, she's beautiful," there is a slight purr to her voice when she speaks, remembering the warm hued woman and her battle axe. There was more to Aisha's assessment of beauty than just her looks, her presumed power, her eloquence, what she stood for. All of that had culminated into a thus far appraised vestige, one that she hoped to learn from if given the chance.

"The grounds aren't all that homey. Depends on the person I guess. I prefer a challenge," and Halo had been that. The cold, the people, the training, everything here pushed her and clawed at her, yet in an encouraging way. In the grounds she'd found herself floundering for each day's purpose, and her fiery attitude was for the most part met with a dull, grey, landscape. Everything (besides some friends and warmer temperatures) that she wanted most were here in Halo now.

Aisha couldn't contain the laugh when Neron gave his judgment of Deimos. Yeah, he wasn't wrong. Plenty of people were intimidated by the man, she was at first (though even more so in awe of him). But she'd cracked some of his colder exterior, finding warmth and playfulness to be a weakness. He was a friend, and so she had every right to laugh at him. "He looks like he's about as funny as a rock, and sometimes he is, but he's a friend. He grows on you."
AISHA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron

"She's formidable," Neron agrees, not at all going against Aisha's assessment of Morgan. If only she knew of the hidden tryst between Hailstorm and Glacier - but that's the point of it being hidden, isn't it? Either way, their Warden clearly has the respect of everyone in the room, and in a place like Halo, respect goes further than strength. (Not that Morgan isn't strong, too - she'd probably knock his teeth out in one punch).

He lets out a chuckle to hear that she likes a challenge, Neron nodding approvingly and gesturing to the Kraai around them. "I don't think you could find a place much more challenging than this. You are lucky, too - thanks to the Warden, it is actually warmer here than last year. Come Deepfrost you'd not be able to set foot outside, normally."

As for Deimos? Neron's grin is sly and playful, and he tilts his head. "Like mould," he observes at the General's growing on him. "Perhaps I ought to reserve my judgement until we have exchanged more than two words, then."
i am mine
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Warmer than last year, people kept saying that but Aisha still had a hard time believing temperatures could drop even lower. Her country in her home world was bright and sunny, even in winter they rarely got a sheet of white to blanket the tops of buildings. Here it was all they knew. "Thankful for that then," she replied, giving the shot glass she'd placed down a quick tap on the rim, asking for some more.

Aisha snorted at Neron's endearing analogy. Mold, the unwanted growth that spread and covered. If anything, she was the mold in their relationship, barging into good standing with the stoic man until he could not ignore her anymore. She was ambitious that way, like mold but more pretty and less likely to cause disease. "Like mold," she affirmed with a nod, smiling at the vampiric bartender.

"Come down to the barracks, I could introduce you to him sometime, or we could have our own fun. Mold free," she invited, turning her head as a duo of new customers stumbled in.
AISHA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron

She asks and Neron delivers, pouring yet another measure into the proferred shot glass. It's always a comfortale relationship, between barman and customer, and it's made easier still by Aisha's laid back attitude. He could spend hours wiling away the time with conversation, he realises - so it's with a swift reminder of his job that two new customers come stumbling in out of the cold. Grinning to Aisha, he nods.

"That sounds like a plan," he says. "Once Deepfrost is over and the Warden returns, I might just take you up on that offer. For now, though, it looks like I have other bellies to warm. I'll leave the bottle, shall I?" Tipping her a wink, Neron steps away from the counter and walks down the bar so he can greet the newcomers, and get them settled into the night ahead.

~FIN
i am mine