[SE] green fingers
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
you are terrifying and strange and beautiful
Luckily for Lena, Sugar is already her new best friend, and as long as the treats and the pets keep coming, she allows the caretaker to inspect to her heart's content. Wings flare out that she might look at them more closely, and her ribbon-like tail drapes more tightly about her shoulders for purchase. Trilling a note which obviously indicates a yes, I am in response to Lena's remark, Ronin grins as he watches the two together. "Three years now, I think," he says slowly, amazing himself by the amount of time.

As for her favourite thing? Sugar snuffs out a breath of cold air, and though Ronin has been forgotten, his bond with his companion is such that he can give voice to it (even if Lena can speak to her directly, not that he's aware of this fact). "The same as my favourite thing," he explains softly. "My husband - his name is Remi." And honestly, he's worried that he'll never get her away from him once she sees him again.
The huntsman
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
The Caretaker, true to her role, immediately began her inspection. With permission granted from the dragon, her hands carefully, gently, softly, stroked over the leathery wings, and then the tail, humming under her breath with residual ease. It’s a practiced, perfected craft, there and hardly invasive at all, hoping to ensure the physical health of the animal from the exterior, an easygoing press over ridges and flesh. “Very impressive,” she encouraged Sugar, for it wasn’t a lie; Lena had a soft spot for the lizard brethren and their noble strengths, their regal mights. When she found nothing to bother her, the youth offered more placating treats, a few more scratches administered under Sugar’s jaw for better measures. “Three years,” she reflected in kind. Not long, not in the grand scheme of things. “Many adventures, I suppose?” Her eyes and voice reverberated towards the dragon, though she presumed Ronin could answer for himself.

The cold air billowing against her stirred a laugh, a mellifluous flow of movement and motion, her own warm breath pervading in return. Favored aspects went towards a human – a husband in particular – and she smiled again. “Is he here with you now?”
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
you are terrifying and strange and beautiful
Sugar gives a soft croon in response to the fuss and the encouragement, clearly enjoying the spotlight, her wings shivering under Lena's fingertips. It's difficult to eat treats with someone scritching under your chin, but the pale dragon certainly manages it, Ronin chuckling at her antics. "A fair few," he admits in terms of all of their adventures, grinning at Sugar's contribution in the form of a chittering almost-laugh. Not all the adventures were good, but they were certainly exciting, if you liked that sort of thing.

Talk of Remi brings the mood down, unfortunately, and Ronin's smile falters. Naturally, this draws Sugar back around his shoulders as the Star shakes his head. "No," he says quietly. "He's not here, unfortunately. Maybe one day in the future, though." Settling back again to watch the strange little fir tree (firling, he will learn soon enough), Ronin rolls the empty wine mug between his hands. "I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what this thing does, won't we?"
The huntsman
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
The laughter chirped and nestled, and she was grateful for it, draconic or otherwise. The beauty of such a creature would remain embedded in her thoughts for a long while, as most of her creatures did – humming again, and then releasing her as the mood began to simmer into something else; the flicker of a smile no longer there. Her own faltered away. She’d touched a nerve in her inquiries, in her curiosity, and immediately dimmed in the quieter vocals. “I’m sorry.” Lena hadn’t intended to ruffle into other sanctities of sorrow; not near giggling trees or immersed spaces. The glow of her compassion still remained though, even as her eyes reeled away, as if she’d scorched too far. “May you be together soon then.”

The sapling maneuvered once more as people went by, drifting in and out of the winter expanse, a wry smirk tucked along the edges of her mouth. “I feel like we do a lot of waiting and seeing.” Praying. Crossing their fingers. Resorting to action when patience depleted, surged away from their veins.

Then she rose, taking hold of her basket, the generous grin still there, like a line for those sinking. “But I cannot any longer. Have a pleasant day, Ronin and Sugar. It was nice meeting the both of you.” They’d know where to find her, if need be – and she waved, pleasant and warm and bright, as she followed along the pathways of cobblestones again, heading back towards the Celestine.

{FIN}
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm