[SE] I was hungry
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
So she went towards the monoliths, and Henry went after her, confusion and intrigue and Mabel's lack of transparency bringing him to an utter loss. Rather than deter him, however, it only made him yearn for more answers. He wanted to help, was determined to.

"Do they seem natural to you?" He asked dubiously, striding alongside her with a skeptical raise of his browline. This time, there was little space between them but for some elbow room. At her dismissiveness regarding her injuries, Henry let out a frustrated sigh. "I get it. You're an Ascended. Just-" he made a point to drop the edge in his voice and brought a hand up to scratch the back of his head, "try to be more careful, okay? You're no good to... anyone.. if you don't take care of yourself."

Henry didn't know why he cared about people so much, even people who were bristly and might bite his head off should he say something that rubs them the wrong way. Built into him, instilled in him from a young age, among other reasons. He supposed it was some strange way to sate his own desire to live dangerously; maybe if he surrounded himself with dangerous people, danger itself would eventually come with them. What he'd do then, he didn't really know, but the prospect alone spurred him on.

So when the girl froze, though not from the cold, he paused. Hesitation lingered in his expression at first. He swallowed and resolved it, however, waiting for her answer more expectantly then.

It hardly helped place any missing pieces, nor did any of it indicate that her twin's trail might lead... to the Wilds, of all places. His brow pinched. "Listen, I understand you need to find her," Henry began, asserting himself to stand in front of her and block her from continuing on this fruitless rampage. Although, he was hardly trying to intimidate, merely make her stop long enough to think. His gaze searched hers, pleading for her to listen and not to erupt on him right then and there, "but if the last place you saw her was the Grounds and she's not there, going out into the wilderness that just... appeared.. isn't going to give you any answers. You need to find people who might know what happened to her, or where she went.. maybe... the Voice would know."

He tilted his head after a moment, thinking about something she'd said. 'Swept out to sea'. What did that mean, why had she stopped her tale there? He asked, "How long ago did that happen? I mean, when exactly did you last see her?"
HENRY

Messages In This Thread
[SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-01-2021, 07:53 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-04-2021, 07:04 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-04-2021, 10:41 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-06-2021, 10:08 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-07-2021, 12:10 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-07-2021, 03:51 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-07-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-11-2021, 06:43 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-11-2021, 11:28 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-12-2021, 03:58 AM