a cute little cup of cyanide
Sunjata
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Isla

"How sweet." Isla grins at the box, even if she still has no more of an idea about what's in it than before. Still, she might be a curious person but she's also an ex-duchess, knowing better than to pry. Instead, she offers Sunjata a gentle bow of the head. "In that case, a belated congratulations to the both of you. I hope that you enjoy the reception." She had already been a unicorn when the Taliesins got married; it's a guilty truth, but she can barely remember it now.

Luckily, Sunjata rescues her from becoming too melancholy, talking of lighter things (even if that's not something she expects from scars). "Oh I see," she murmurs, her feet taking her around the clinic by now on autopilot, examining the similarities and differences to her own infirmary. "Surviving a lightning strike is pretty impressive all on its own. I think you've filled your scar quota for one lifetime."
we're gonna separate ourselves tonight
we're always running scared but holding knives
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
with every breath and every intake
tip toe further away
A shrug is granted at the ‘how sweet’ comment, Sunjata not quite one for knowing how to take compliments or even praise at such a little thing. He just… did them, no gratitude needed nor required, no praise for any of it. “Thank you.” He rumbles instead, at the belated congratulations – hoping that it’ll be a party that he remembers, a celebration of their marriage in true Torchline style (as it turns out, it’s that and then some).

So he explains the scars instead, leaning against the counter as she begins to walk around the clinic to spy what’s the same and what’s different, the Flood only having to look away when she mentions that surviving a lightning strike was pretty impressive. It makes something ache within him, his hand instinctively flexing with it. “Not sure I get to be that lucky, but we’ll find out won’t we?” He tries to joke instead, flashing her a fake grin before he pushes himself off the reception area to step toward one of the exam rooms, opening up the door and ensuring that it’s empty before gesturing for her to go in and explore should she wish to. “How different is this one compared to what you’re looking for in the Grounds?” He asks, purely out of curiosity, purely out of trying to get the conversation away from himself.
further away from this mistake
i'm no savior, i'm no saint
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

"I suppose we will," Isla says, letting her attention move swiftly away from the man leaning against the reception counter so she might look at the rest of the space. And when Sunjata steps forward to let her look in one of the examination rooms, she gives him a warm smile and a nod of gratitude. "It's a lot bigger," she says of the clinic, taking a stroll around the room and ducking to look in the cupboards and examine the tools and the like.

"And better stocked, though given that this is Torchline, I am not surprised." Straightening up, she turns back to the Flood. "When I do meet Nate, I have no doubt that we'll have to trade stories. There are surprisingly few doctors around." Smoothing out her shirt, Isla heads back into the reception. "Thank you for letting me look around."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
with every breath and every intake
tip toe further away
He opens the door for her, nodding back at her own nod of gratitude given back to her from him – remaining leaned against the doorframe as she pokes around. He tries to recall the infirmary of the Grounds, only coming up with one time that he’d shown up there – how he hadn’t spent any time there to look around and see what it was like. He was only there for an apology, what felt like decades ago when in reality it had only been a few years.

He focuses in further as she mentions that it’s better stocked, a nod given to that as well. Nate and Vai had done well to pepper the space with whatever they’d need. And as far as he knew, it was like a well oiled machine, all the working parts in order. “I’m sure you’ll have much to talk about.” He offers her with a quiet huff of laughter, moving to step aside so she can depart the exam room as he drifts back toward the reception himself. “Anytime, really.” An easy offering to her thanks, a dip of her head. “Is there anything else you wished to see?” His head tilts curiously, wondering what else it was she didn’t want to miss out on any longer.
further away from this mistake
i'm no savior, i'm no saint
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Oh, of that I have no doubt," Isla says, her smile growing a bit secretive in truth. It has been a long, long time since she's been able to properly discuss medicine with anyone, and that in itself is enough to carry a conversation well past the realms of strangers or acquaintances. She gives the clinic one last glance around before heading to the door, freshly inspired and filled with ideas regarding the infirmary back at the Grounds.

"That's it for now. Thank you very much, Sunjata. I really appreciate you showing me around. It feels strange to be back in Torchline, especially without Remi. But... it still feels a little bit like home as well, you know?" Giving him a small wave, she lets herself out of the clinic, pausing only once to glance back. "Oh - I hope you have a wonderful reception. Congratulations again!"

~FIN