(SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe?
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
So I chase the inbetweens of what I say and what I mean
Henry raised his brows in interest as Neos admitted he was going to travel to the Grounds next. "Probably a good idea," he commented, on the idea of exploring Caido fully before deciding on a place to live. Henry had never really done that, until now.. he supposed. "The Grounds may not have the same allure as Torchline," he let out a soft sigh, looking around at the tropical city, "but its people are some of the best I've met." He smiled.

As for royalty, he laughed softly, "No royalty, per se. It's more like a title, and it's definitely earned."

Now, Henry doesn't know Neos, nor does he know anyone in the Order. Not that he's aware of, anyway. However, he can see something turning in Neos' mind. It raises a hint of suspicion in his chest, but the baited feeling is released when the other man reveals that he may know someone like that. "I see. To answer your question, it's because of their loyalty to the Old Gods.. See, when the Voice first came to be, the Old Gods didn't like her progressive approach to things, didn't like their world being changed - for better or worse. So, they trapped her in the dome that used to surround the Hollowed Grounds - along with hundreds of innocent people. Thanks to the efforts of a lot of brave people, the barrier was broken, but that took centuries." A vein flexed along Henry's temple and his jaw clenched as spite flared in his eyes.

The guttural sound that leaves Neos' throat startles Henry, though not in a frightened way but, in a way of... he wasn't expecting the Outlander to feel so passionately about these things. The words he spoke next reflected much of Henry's own opinions, and it was all he could do to stare in amazement.

When Neos finished, Henry slowly gathered his thoughts and a small grin worked its way into his expression. He brought a hand up to shake the other man's shoulder encouragingly. "You know what? You're alright, Neos," he said, voice thick with approval and appreciation. His hand fell away, then. Moving on to actually address the question, he looked out across the streets as the duo approached the center of town. "I don't have all of the answers, unfortunately. Growing up, that's just the way things always have been in Caido. But, you might be glad to know, not everyone feels shame in their identity - even if the Old Gods would have it otherwise. Abandoned, Ascended, these words can be... condemning, to some, yes," he looked over at Neos then, "but empowering to others. They're just words, after all."

He didn't quite notice the tree sapling that unfurled in the center of the square, though, his gaze on the Outlander.
HENRY

Messages In This Thread
(SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-02-2021, 06:03 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-02-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-05-2021, 06:50 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-07-2021, 06:58 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-08-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-11-2021, 10:46 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Henry - 01-13-2021, 06:07 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-14-2021, 02:58 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-18-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-23-2021, 04:27 AM