(SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe?
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Neos
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
Neos was seething after hearing more and more about what Henry was saying about the world as he knew it. The Old Gods being seemingly so fixed about things being the same that they imprisoned not only someone that could have just been trying to better their world for all he knew, not caring that multiple, multiple people were ensnared alongside her though they had done nothing obviously wrong?

If the Voice had been doing something harmful then, that's one thing. But the people that were trapped with her? He's always hated anything multi-generational, especially when later generations were being punished for something they had not done, but their elder generations had done. "...this barrier...it reminds me of something that was done disgustingly-frequently on one of the worlds I left behind...there was an entire family known as the Orzhova on the world of Ravnica, a world where literally every bit of surface of the world was covered in cityscape, even the oceans below them."

He closed his eyes for a moment as they walked to recall the ornate attires, the attitudes held, the ghostly council that effectively ran the family to speak of. "They were debt collectors, ones that made you literally sign in blood to magically empower their contracts...that made it so if you couldn't pay your debts, your next of kin would. And if they couldn't, their next-of-kin. I had seen a debt that lasted ten generations, at one point, because this legalized crimelord family had kept upping the interest to make the debts purposely unpayable in full. Basically, if you signed one of their contracts, even if it was in an act of desperation, you were effectively owned by the Orzhova family...and they did whatever they could to keep you like that." He then opened his eyes before looking back towards Henry. "I've hated multi-generational things, almost always see them unfairly affect later generations in a horrible way. It's one thing if you dun fucked up on something, another thing to make your grandkid pay for your fuck-up once you're gone."

He then looked back away, breathing to calm himself...before neon-green spotted a different sort of green, out of place green. A single blink of surprise came from the false human before Neos turned towards it before asking, "...wait, what's a fir tree, of all things, doing here in Torchline?" He then began taking a few steps towards it, motioning for Henry to follow him. "Think someone put it out here? Looks pretty intentional with it being dead-center of the town square like that." He then frowned before saying, "...though, something that small isn't gonna last long out here..."
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies
This is me

Messages In This Thread
(SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-02-2021, 06:03 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-02-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-05-2021, 06:50 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-07-2021, 06:58 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-08-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-11-2021, 10:46 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-14-2021, 02:58 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-18-2021, 06:43 PM