(SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe?
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
So I chase the inbetweens of what I say and what I mean
Henry didn't have much time to think on Neos' words, or how true they were, because they had stumbled upon something new. He could appreciate the man's passion for morality and philosophy, though, and it was definitely a conversation he wanted to resume as soon as possible. But, for now, he remained mostly-silent as they pondered over the sapling that seemed to have appeared out of thin air. Henry had walked the city streets in Haulani many times, enough to know that this was new.

He watched as Neos focused on something he couldn't see from his current angle. Getting up, he walked over slowly to take a look at whatever it was, half-wondering if it was something bad. Only, what appeared was nothing bad at all. It was just a little red... bauble, like Neos said.

Henry tilted his head and let out a perplexed "Huh." He looked up at Neos and shrugged, "Seems like someone's already taken to it, and it looks to be fairing surprisingly well...given the climate." He reached his hand out to feel the branches and leaves one more time, as if to confirm his thoughts. The sapling giggled again and he pulled away. "Kinda cute, don't you think?" He smirked.

Thinking back on what Neos had said before about immortality and 'logistical nightmares', in his words, Henry pondered something aloud, "Not that I disagree with your points, but there's benefits of having a body that won't die with time. You don't have to experience a slow death, for one," he smiles sadly at that point, knowing what that looks like and knowing that that isn't something to be celebrated either. "Sure, you can potentially live forever, but I think most of the Ascended take a lot of risks for their people, for the Voice. They can still die, they're not... invulnerable. They just don't age." He placed his hands in his pockets and looked back over at the sapling with a thoughtful expression. "I doubt they ascend purely for the potential of more time. They want to be apart of something bigger. I mean, aren't we all searching for something bigger? Some legacy to leave behind? At some point, you have to draw a line in the sand and choose, right?"
HENRY

Messages In This Thread
(SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-02-2021, 06:03 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-02-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-05-2021, 06:50 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-07-2021, 06:58 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-08-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-11-2021, 10:46 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-14-2021, 02:58 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-18-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-23-2021, 04:27 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Henry - 01-25-2021, 11:01 AM