If It Kills Me
Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Elide

Elide finds Deimos' demeanor fascinating rather than frightening, her eyes scooping him in as if they've hungered to for a while now. She's come already with the understanding that he is known as the 'Resurrected Sword'. Reputation is different from demonstration, but Deimos does not disappoint in this regard. Even when he is not in the midst of battle or danger, he carries a resolute guard along his countenance. Understandable. He has seen much. In the back of her mind, a burning curiosity desires to witness him and his {for now} silent companion in the fray.

She has met many soldiers in her day, Halo being a region frought with cold and unforgiving lands. Living here is a dangerous feat in and of itself, requiring a stronghold to keep the mightiest of beasts and banes at bay. Her brother was a soldier who shared similarities with the two before her; controlled, steeled. She knew him and his comrades well before his passing. She is no stranger to the mechanisms of a fighter, to the tension that seems to always ride along their shoulders, to the flick of a wrist and sudden spilt blood.

It is not that thought which turns her gears into motion. Justice is what she vies for, and not just for her brother; for all of the men and women whose lives were lost to such abominations; for lives that will be lost in the years to come should no one make that necessary confrontation. Dragons were only one enemy, one thread to unravel; that is true. However, now it is deeply personal. She will mold herself into a living weapon if she has to, if only in order to wipe them out of existence.

"They say it took him in the night. That was two years ago, and that is all I know," she admits this with finality, dark eyes growing darker still, wondering if they understood the implication that came with these words. Still, she clarified, "I will not stop at a single dragon. That will not solve the much larger issue at hand. I am sure that you have lost people to these creatures, too... They pose a very real threat, and I will not pretend otherwise." She is unafraid to take that initiative, even if it takes years to prepare, to fortify, to rise.

Elide doesn't miss the tiny glance they exchange, but she is steeled and she does not falter because of it. She is expecting the next question, has been awaiting this moment. The moment where they will truly be able to assess her potential - or lack thereof. So she launches into her answers.

"I am as familiar with a crossbow and traps as you are the sword. I am a hunter and I have been ever since I was young," she inclines her head, a meager yet proud smile gliding over her features. It soon becomes apologetic, "but otherwise, I'm afraid I am as untrained as they come. I..." she pauses, wondering, "...I have been studying strategy and tactics in more recent years. Alongside that, I've researched the endemic life in Halo and the rest of Caido for as long as I've been a hunter."

Elide has always been a researcher, a pursuer of greater knowledge, an investigator, a philosopher. The time that she doesn't spend researching is time she spends putting new knowledge to the test, applying what she knows of both behavior and environment to aid her in her hunts. It has led a fruitful existence, albeit not a very complex one.

Since deciding upon committing herself to a military operative of some sort, she's dove into relative studies. Books on battle strategy, journals written by long-dead military, accounts of failed or successful missions and battles. She is as prepared as she can be, has prepared herself in one of the only ways she knows how, and she wouldn't present herself any other way.

She straightens her chin, not too proud to say, "If you do not consider any of these things to be relevant experience, then I have none. Be that as it may, I am confident that my knowledge will be of use. I can offer you that, at least, until I am more skilled."
never before had the song of war
been the song of hope ascending

Messages In This Thread
If It Kills Me - by Elide - 01-02-2021, 06:46 AM
RE: If It Kills Me - by Deimos - 01-02-2021, 12:43 PM
RE: If It Kills Me - by Aisha - 01-02-2021, 09:09 PM
RE: If It Kills Me - by Elide - 01-03-2021, 11:42 PM
RE: If It Kills Me - by Deimos - 01-04-2021, 01:21 AM
RE: If It Kills Me - by Aisha - 01-07-2021, 11:37 PM
RE: If It Kills Me - by Elide - 01-08-2021, 12:30 AM
RE: If It Kills Me - by Deimos - 01-08-2021, 11:02 PM
RE: If It Kills Me - by Aisha - 01-10-2021, 12:58 AM