Personal Quest Toxicity
Min Byeon
Mercenary

Age: 44 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MIN
Tomorrow we'll be far away
Tomorrow is the judgement day

Much to Min's...(disappointment?) interest, Isla seemed virtually untouched by the venom's effects. Perhaps Ascending really was worth it after all; she wondered if an Ascended could touch the spire and survive. If the spire demon's venom did nothing, it could carry for the rest of it.

She nodded to Isla's request to see the fang, holding out one half of it towards her. "It would appear to be a typical tooth for this kind of animal. Just large." She really had no idea what this kind of animal meant, but Min had seen snake's teeth before.

"So your plan is to Ascend everyone so they can fight?" She asked at Isla's conclusion, imagining an army of Ascended descending on the spire.

Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

While Isla assured him and Phoebe that she was alright, Kalt didn’t take her at her word initially. His eyes moved over her, observing everything. He was, however, fascinated by how the venom seemed to dissolved in her fluid. It was slow of course – nothing that like would be expected to happen instantly – but it was a terrific start that dissolved his doubt faster than the particles.

Kalt held onto every word of Isla’s explanation, processing it quickly. Isla and Remi might very well be able to figure it out, but he thought about examining it himself as well. He knew his capabilities, and he knew that he wanted to experiment with the fluids, but he didn’t want to take any more from Isla at the moment, nor did he want to use the contaminated fluid because it might have changed certain elements. He wanted it pure. Another time, probably.

His attention was only drawn again when Isla asked about the Spire Demon’s fang that Min had broken apart. ”Wouldn’t exactly call it an animal,” Kalt said. ”Nor is anything ‘typical’ about it.” He didn’t really care what it was, only that he wanted it gone. And if this experiment and analysis was going to help do that, he was thrilled to give whatever was needed.

KALT
darkness lives in me
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

take your medicine

Seeming to rally further the longer time went on, Isla listened carefully to her companions, glancing first at Phoebe as she spoke about separating the reanimation fluid into its various parts. "That is a very good idea indeed," she murmured. "I will keep this vial, then, and see what else I might be able to get from its examination." Flicking a glance at Min, she offered a wry grin at her suggestion.

"Whilst I think we can all say that it would be a very good idea to have an Ascended in the fight with the demon if they are able to withstand its venom, I'm not suggesting we Ascend everyone - even if that probably would solve the issue. Rather, I wonder if we can use the element of my fluid that can destroy the venom to create an antidote that we can give to others."

Reaching out, Isla accepted the half of the fang given to her by Min and nodded in agreement with Kalt. It certainly wasn't typical, from the descriptions she'd been given of the creature. Holding up the broken fang, she examined it closely and turned it this way and that. Now that the interior had been revealed she was able to investigate it more thoroughly, and there was something painfully familiar about it.

With a start, she rose to her feet from the bed.

"This fang is the same as an Ascended's," she said, an eerie amount of certainty in her voice. "I would bet my life on it. That means... does that mean the Spire Demon is an Ascended? Does that mean it was human once...?"

Dun dun DUNNNN!

With the group's help, Isla has deduced that the Spire Demon's fang has frighteningly similar qualities to an Ascended's fang.

This concludes the quest part of the PQ, but do feel free to leave a reaction post!

Min Byeon
Mercenary

Age: 44 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MIN
Tomorrow we'll be far away
Tomorrow is the judgement day

If it would solve the issue and it was possible, Min didn't know why they weren't lining up to Ascend already. Instead of messing around with the venom, it was the simple way to sort out the issue. She was entirely ready to Ascend just so she could go stab the demon herself.

"It means nothing. You have noticed one similarity. Do not theorise for no reason." Min said to Isla, then stood up and turned around to get out of the room. She had seen what she had come to see and done all she was useful for. There was no reason to stay.