(se) i'm a loser baby
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
RIGBY

Rigby pocketed the shiny thing, already thinking up what vendors or shady dealers might appreciate a bauble like it. The mention of a 'friend' did cause him pause, his eyes shooting back her direction. Rigby wouldn't go so far as to have a friend, especially not with this woman. Even if he hadn't started out as her almost victim, having friends meant loyalty, and caring, and all that disgusting shit that got people killed. He'd watched his family fall apart, his father lose all will to live because he cared too much.

And Rigby had no intention of ending up like that. Maybe he was afraid of the physical repercussions, or maybe he was afraid of putting himself out and getting hurt. Whatever the reason, he hated the word friend as it spilled from her lips. If taking this gift meant he owed her something, well he didn't want that. So he reached into the sack and pulled out an apple. "I don't do gifts, and I don't do friends," he grumbled to her, offering the red fruit for her to take.

Anything but kindness, be too nice and you just might scare him off.
when i grow up i wanna be
nothing at all
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
as if you were on fire
from within
So he doesn't like it when she calls herself his friend, and she doesn't really blame him for it. After all, he is a street rat - and rats tend to scurry away from the light, preferring the grimy dark and the low lifestyle. If he'd given her half a chance, he'd find out that he wouldn't owe her anything for the gift. And if he did, a single fucking apple wouldn't be enough, but she eyes it anyway. Maybe two would...

She hoists it up against the flat of her palm and takes a generous bite, teeth flashing right as they sink eagerly into the ripe flesh. She chews it up before answering, "Well, I'm glad you don't do your friends. That might complicate things a little, and... well, no offense, but I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole. As for the gift, it's not my business what you do with it." She offers a playful grin and takes another bite of the apple.
the moon lives
in the lining of your skin
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
RIGBY

The girl took the apple, studied it, the dug in. Rigby watched her, pleased that they'd settled the score, that he'd drawn an obvious line and declared that she was nothing more to her than somebody who'd taken his shitty deal. But then she kept talking, somehow this statement was even worse, and Rigby felt his pale cheeks go red. Ugh, he hated being embarrassed, it felt stupid and it made him look like he cared or something.

"Yeah, whatever princess," he groaned, shoving away from the table and slouching into his height. Sack in hand, new prize in tow, Rigby had no reason to stick around and be humiliated further. He glanced around, ruffled an itchy spot at the back of his head, sniffled, then without a word started towards the front of the hanged man.
when i grow up i wanna be
nothing at all
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
as if you were on fire
from within
Rigby's face flushes in what can only be embarrassment and Aurelia's grin widens at the sight of it. Interesting guy. Acts hard, but actually easily squished. It's endearing... in a way that makes Aurelia want to tease him further.

He calls her princess again but, he'll find that drunk Aurelia doesn't mind it so much. Maybe it'll grow on her as just another nickname. It's certainly better than 'knife girl', which would've been equally as fair to call her. She's definitely a knife girl; a princess of knives, if you will.

He stands to leave, if it can be called that. More like he hunches to his feet and slinks away like some kind of homeless urchin. Though, to be fair, he is.

"See you around," and she almost calls him 'street rat', but instead she emphasizes his name, "Rigby."

fin~!
the moon lives
in the lining of your skin