just bare with me and i'll be back some day i hope
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
// i am not the only traveler who has not repaid his debt
i've been searching for a trail to follow again, take me back to the night we met //
”No, just you. I’ve been trying to...” A sigh heaves out of Nate, shifting Sunjata up and down with it, a motion that’s usually absent when they’re together like this. ”Figure out some way around it. I don’t know. I don’t know how set in stone any of this is.” He didn’t want it on his shoulders, he’d never asked for this stress, but here it was. Here he was.

It’s so much easier to whine about small things, to try and voice larger frustrations with a bit of exaggeration. Not quite relieving still, but easier at least than simply trying to avoid it. There’s no more words from him, at least not for the moment, while he laps at the paradox of satisfaction coming from Sunjata liking the way he grows possessive, and only tightens his hands that much more, fingers twisting in the curls of his husbands hair. It’s been too long. They haven’t had a moment of ease like this since... since the fever broke, maybe? Even the reception had been tense, fraught with secrets and worries and things he wasn’t sure how to untangle.

A shiver runs through him at the fingers so close to his ears, a barley there tickle that he relishes in. He wants to sink into this moment as he sinks his teeth into his husband, adding another pair of scars, but he doesn’t. Nate can’t bring himself to end this moment like that, can’t bring himself to hasten it along. He sinks instead into the heavy warmth of being here, being safe, better than they have been in a while. He sinks and he sends it to Sunjata, the safety, the comfort, the relief, and the blistering love. And it all comes back to him, more than he ever expected before. I know you do sonskyn. I know. his voice cracks under the weight of emotion, even silently, and Nate is glad for the security of the wing shroud around them. Grasping fingers loosen their grip, curling together in a tight embrace and holding Sunjata close instead.

He doesn’t know the thoughts that move through Sunjata’s mind, doesn’t know the words that almost fall from him instead. But Nate doesn’t really need to, when they come from his own tongue instead. ”I missed you.” The words are warm, almost as insistent as the way Nate presses his cheek in against the attuned’s shoulder. ”It’s...” Nate nearly lets himself slip, lets the words come silently instead, but it seems more meaningful to give them a chance to ring out in the air. ”Its harder to take care of things when I know you’re not okay.” Maybe it’s selfish, maybe it puts too much pressure on the other.
NATE

Messages In This Thread
RE: just bare with me and i'll be back some day i hope - by Nate - 01-29-2021, 04:30 AM