Mini Event the room where it happens
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX

“We worked with passwords last year, and unless anyone has objections, we can easily do it again. Extra secure, delivered mentally.” Tapping the side of her head again, Wessex hopes the implication is clear; unless they go about shouting passwords into the darkness, they should theoretically be able to identify each other in the heat of it.

“I’m thinking a singular, big house for the trap. One way in, one way out. Wait until the last minute, to try and get them all in, then we spring the trap and light it up. That’s a kind of vague overview of the plan, semantics to be discussed with whomever is going to be in the immediate area. Morgan has graciously offered to help us prepare, she and Neron can help build a nearby stone-slash-ice structure nearby, and then let’s also prepare the Monster Hunter’s Guild  - and the Barracks, just in case - the regular way - snowmoss, blocking the windows, etc.”

Having sketched out a loose idea of the plan and area they’ll (hopefully) be working in, the Queen turns her thoughts to the second part of planning - a division of powers.

“I really do think that the key to this will be speed and engaging only when we have an advantage. Which again, is vague, I know.” They will also need to know where everything is, be able to improvise, know when to fire and when to hold it… it’s a tactical nightmare in some regards. “As Aamu said, the goal is to get rid of the Monsters, yes, but also live to see Flowerbirth. Getting rid of them isn’t worth everyone dying. I want to make that very clear. You are all more important. If we fail, we simply clear out of the Grounds during LongNight from here on out.”

There are options. For those who were never given a chance to vote.

“So. I’ll be in it from the beginning and if worst comes to worst, you all take cover and leave me. I’ve got an upgrade that causes every bit of damage done to me to be reflected back twice as much on the Monsters.” How sweet would the irony be in using a Monster-given upgrade against them? Selfishness has its perks. “I also am pretty sure I can’t die-die anymore. Don’t really want to test how that manifests, but like I said, if there’s a choice between targets, I’d rather have them go for me.”

That’s blanket permission for them to run, if needed. Not that they needed permission, but she felt that it should be said.

“So who wants what? I don’t condone speaking of our friends and allies as objects, or even assume that they’ll say yes, but we should try to to make sure we have what’s most useful to us. If Nate has a dragon form -” she writes that down, along with her own, “and I’ve still got Eirachi’s magic - Goddess only knows what that does. And that invisibility chip from two LongNights ago. Does anyone else still have theirs?” Sparing a glance at, well, it was probably only Bastien or Nate at this point (when did Nate ascend? She can’t fucking remember).

She hems a little bit and then looks to the folks from Torchline, “We don’t really have any Accepted in the Grounds, does anyone know one in Torchline who might volunteer? Other than that… Telekinesis might be useful. Fire, obviously. Air, maybe. What am I missing?”
there was a time that we were kind, but now
don't write me, you're not fooling anyone

Messages In This Thread
the room where it happens - by Wessex - 01-26-2021, 02:34 AM
RE: the room where it happens - by Nate - 01-26-2021, 05:58 AM
RE: the room where it happens - by Sunjata - 01-26-2021, 06:15 AM
RE: the room where it happens - by Mabel - 01-26-2021, 11:10 AM
RE: the room where it happens - by Aamu - 01-26-2021, 04:04 PM
RE: the room where it happens - by Neron - 01-26-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: the room where it happens - by Azrael - 01-27-2021, 07:41 AM
RE: the room where it happens - by Wessex - 01-27-2021, 05:55 PM
RE: the room where it happens - by Nate - 01-28-2021, 06:43 AM