once i dreamt in black & white
open!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the archangel
she does not know what it's like
not to have deep emotions
Gideon may think he's formidable, flashing his bright teeth, but Amalia has fought too many unbalanced fights to be reassured by the masculine posturing. Crossing her arms over her chest, the Shield frowns and lifts her chin, a stubborn set to her angular jaw. She says nothing, only grits her teeth, her muscles tensing and releasing as lush fur manifests on her neck and shoulders, rippling over her back.

"Yes. I'm in." The words are clipped, emotion barely contained behind them. Dark eyes flicker over Gideon again; she bites her lips, considering, and then heaves an unhappy sigh. "But you're wrong. The Gods may favor us, but I've seen better people than you die for less. Stronger. If we do this - if I do this - then you need to know your limits. You, you can't just pray - you need to be smart. To work together. And to listen to me. I, I know you don't think much of me - that I'm young and soft - but, but I've seen more fights than you have. Lost more people."

She breaks off suddenly, looking away, eyes moist in the firelight. "I'm not going to lose any more."
even when she feels nothing
she feels it completely
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon
the priest
Give your heart and soul to charity
'Cause the rest of you
Amalia was clearly irritated, though Gideon seemed more pleased about that than anything else, finally happy to see some fire, some passion in her for things that mattered. She was in on the plan and so he listened to her advice genuinely, nodding. It was true that she had been in more fights than he had with the Ascended, and to be fair, he had not done very well in one of the two Ascended conflicts he'd had.

He could have objected about the 'better people' thing, but he knew when to pick his battles.

"Alright. I agree we shouldn't lose any. Tell me your advice, then." Gideon asked, turning out his palms, tilting his head with an infuriatingly calm smirk. "How do you fight against the Ascended? In your vast experience."
The best of you, Honey, belongs to me
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the archangel
she does not know what it's like
not to have deep emotions
At least he's listening, though the smug smile that refuses to leave his face makes Amalia consider backing up her words with a punch to the jaw. She avoids it narrowly, clenching her hands and her jaw instead, dark eyes sharp as flint as she glares at the Priest. "Carefully," she answers tersely, "And with fire. And- without loss of life. On either side."

She looks away then, out over the pews and sconces and other ornate fixings of the mighty church, lips pursed thoughtfully. "I'll think on it more and let you know. For now... I'm going to finish my prayers and go home. Goodbye, Gideon."

{fin}
even when she feels nothing
she feels it completely