little white lies
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
"That's what everyone says," Ronin grins as he watches his projection stroll ahead, holding the coat folded over his arm as snow falls all around them. "It always makes me feel like a lazy slob, considering what I do with it." Which is either fighting or nothing, most of the time. Maybe he ought to use the projection in earnest a bit more. Still, for now it can hold Sera's coat, as the Star glances across to see her model her new one. "Very nice," he says with an appreciative nod. "And warm, more importantly."

He's about to say that he doesn't really deserve to be treated after the shock he gave her this morning, but then she says hot chocolate and Lullaby and Ronin's expression melts into a warm smile. "I would like that a lot," he says, offering her his arm as a gentleman is wont to do. "What else are you browsing for today?"
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
wanna play cheat, now says the sloth
a domino flush to his nose
So what is it that you do with it, then?” She asks, appraising him with curiosity as to what he chose to use it for if that was his response. Instead, a nod is given at the warmth of it, a show of tucking it in tighter to ward away the snow and the chill. It was a beautiful coat, warm and soft and everything she had hoped it would be when she’d spied it through a window. And so she offers him the same, a feeling of warmth and normalcy she imagines he doesn’t get too often given his status.

She does half expect him to deny her, but when his elbow is offered she takes it just as anyone would, hooking her arm around his and patting his hand with her own gloved one. “Anything that I think I’ll like.” She informs him, having no set destination aside from wandering. “I’m not picky.” That is entirely a lie. “What kind of things do you like? What does Remi like?” She asks, raising a brow with a soft smile on the corner of her lips as she guides him through the street toward her favorite shop for warm drinks.
tickle that cheek and take your throne
pump your veins with gushing gold
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
"I use it in combat situations, mostly. Though it has come in handy for multitasking when I need spare hands." Ronin smiles at the projection, and with a pulse of willpower he has it turn to offer them a noble bow midstep. "I can swap places with it, too. So it's good for short bursts of teleportation, if I need to get somewhere quickly," he explains. Granted, he is actually much more interested in their mundane conversation, glancing to Sera and flashing her a warm grin.

"I'm an artist in my free time. So perhaps a sketchbook or some other materials. I haven't indulged in it since I came to Stormbreak. Remi, though... he grew up very poor, so he likes to not get treated." Ronin's tone suggests that doesn't fly for him. "I try for a personal touch or something practical, for him. Maybe I'll get him a new coat," he suggests.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
He explains his projection to her and how he uses it and she finds far more understanding of just how powerful this man beside her is. That in and of itself has her offering him a warm smile, one that has her glad to call him a friend and not an enemy. After all, she’d simply be a sitting duck in comparison.  Regardless, she snickers lightly at the display, guiding them into the building where they’re hit with a barrage of warmth, Sera greeting the person behind the counter with her usual chipper smile.

The order is placed and she pulls both Ronins toward the end of the counter for where they can pick up the drink before continuing their conversation. “My father is like that.” She murmurs, before altering her voice to sound as close to her fathers deep tones as she can. “’What’s the point of gifts you can’t use?’ They call it being practical.” Her head bobs with the motion, putting on a good show before she settles with a quiet sigh. “A coat would be lovely. And a sketchbook for you as well is certainly something we can do. Do you prefer charcoal for the drawings?” She asks, a question aired that has her interested far more in the conversation and this tidbit of similarity between them that she doesn’t notice when the mugs of cocoa are handed to them.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
They enter the shop and Ronin accepts the coat from his projection before he dismisses it, so as not to unnecessarily freak out those who are enjoying their drinks. "See, I understand that point of view. I just don't necessarily agree with it," Ronin says with a grin; he and Seraphina are alike in that respect, too, and the Star will often indulge himself when he finds the time or inclination. With their cocoa ordered, he joins her at the counter and inhales deeply, enjoying the scents and the warmth of the place.

"Mm, I like to sketch with charcoal," he explains. "I paint when I get the chance, but I'm not sure my room at the Dragon's Nest will hold even a small canvas. Although, if you know of anywhere I might be able to paint, I'll owe you one." Glancing up, he smiles and nods to the barista that sets their drinks down, Ronin thinking nothing of picking them up since Sera hasn't yet noticed. "Shall we?"
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Oh neither do I.” She agrees with a huff of laughter. “My closet doesn’t either.” Flashing him an amused grin she settles into their conversation, tugging at her gloves to make sure they’re tightly on, her dark gaze lifts to scan Ronin’s face. “If I know anywhere…” She comments, a snicker leaving her as her nose scrunches with the movement. “I’m the Artificer, Ronin— Oh, thank you.” She cuts herself off to thank the person behind the counter as he grabs the drinks and they’re on their way. She takes one from him, holding it between both gloves hands to warm them up more as they depart toward the streets again.

I have an entire workshop that’s full of half baked plans at any given moment. Plenty of room for canvases.” She pauses to take a sip from her drink, wincing against the heat as it burns her tongue. “Ow.” Patience had never really been her forte for anything other than work, it seemed. “Anyway, I’d enjoy the company.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"Unfortunately, my days of high fashion are over unless it's for coats, scarves or gloves," Ronin says with a grin, passing her drink to her and leading them out of the shop so she can show him the other shops that they might take advantage of as they meander along the streets. "Soldiers - or Dragoons in this case - don't really have a cause to wear much more than armour or training gear." He sighs like it's some huge disappointment - and when he wants to indulge his former-baron, it really is.

He almost moves to follow suit and take a sip of his drink, because obviously the Star isn't very patient either, but her ow stops him with the cup halfway to his lips. At least one of them can learn from the other's mistake, this way. "Huh? Oh. Oh, I see." A sudden grin flashes across his face and he nods his gratitude. "Are you sure I'd not get in your way? I'd appreciate it if you mean it, and I guess that means I have a lot more that I'll be buying today if so."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
A wistful sigh is given to Ronin at the mention of the dragoon’s only using armor or training gear, and she can’t help but to offer a shrug of a shoulder to him. “I don’t usually wear this when I’m working. But out during the night? On the town? That is where I shine.” A beaming grin is shot back to him. “Nothings stopping you from indulging in that too. Wear what you want. Who cares?” Perhaps she’s pushing the envelope on that, but despite their awkward morning it is turning out to be quite nice, her tongue is loosened in favor for friendships rather than wars.

She burns her tongue and lowers the cup from her lips, squinting down the street as she explains her workshop to Ronin, guiding him toward the sector geared toward arts, a place she’s frequented. “You won’t.” She assures him with an easy grin shot his way. “Most of the things I make in my workshop are small enough for transport so they can be assembled wherever they’re going. Most of the time, however, I’m fiddling in my blueprints which take up hardly any space at all compared to that.” She links her arm with his again, guiding him around the corner toward an art supply shop that she slips into easily.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"Oh, I could think of a few people who would care," Ronin says with a chuckle, the Star well able to imagine the faces of the Dragoons if he were to rock up in a waistcoat and cravat. It wouldn't stop him from fighting - indeed, it hasn't ever done so in the past - and... actually, and what? "You do make a good point," he admits, glancing into one of the windows and imagining himself in one of the thoroughly impractical suits.

Sera's remarks about her workshop reassure him enough that he has already imagined what he'll paint first by the time they're ducking into the supplies shop, and Ronin inhales deeply the scent of wood and canvas and paint. "It has been a long time since I've seen materials like this," he admits. They're beyond what Northaven had to offer, even, and he's ducking away between shelves to select things before he knows it. If Sera doesn't keep up, she'll have lost him to the stacks.

Ronin finds himself, eventually, sitting on the floor with his hot chocolate beside him, comparing two sets of paints and wondering if he's able to open them up to try them out.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
A snort of laughter is offered to Ronin, entirely obnoxiously at the mention of a few people that might care. Sera lived in a time where she certainly didn’t pay attention to how people told her to dress. At the very least, she was all beauty and grace for meetings, gatherings, and her own pleasure. For work? Quite the opposite, buns and lounging clothes, ones that made it easier to move and without skirts to get in the way.

Regardless, a knowing look is shot his way as he tells her that she makes a good point. She does, quite often, should she say so herself.

They arrive in the shop, however, and Sera finally takes a sip of her drink that won’t burn her tongue, relishing with an easy sigh at the ease of it all. “Do enjoy yourself.” She certainly will. And it’s a good thing they’ve stopped here anyway, a few things Sera needs to get delivered to resupply her workshop. It gives Ronin plenty of time to get lost while Sera speaks with the owner over it all, and it takes her a bit to find him.

He’s comparing two sets of paint when she finds him, almost as if debating getting one over the other, and Sera can’t help the amused smile on her face as she takes another sip of her hot chocolate before she leans back from the aisle to look back at the owner. "We'll take both these sets of paint and whatever else Mister Taliesin would like." The owner nods, writing down a few things here and there, and Sera gives Ronin quite the smug look. "You're welcome."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
It's the sound of his name - Mister Taliesin - that has Ronin looking up, the Star raising his eyebrows at Seraphina and not seeming to understand what she's done until she says it. You're welcome. A soft smile blooms across his face, and he clambers to his feet with the hot chocolate to take a sip and nod to her gratefully. "That's very kind of you," he murmurs. Along with the paints, he gets himself a new sketchbook, some charcoals and a couple of larger canvases, and soon enough all of them are stacked neatly on the counter to be wrapped up.

"I owe you one for this," he tells her. "Perhaps I'll have to paint you something to hang in your workshop, to brighten the place up a bit?" It's all he can offer, except for more training. Or more 'training'. Though with Remi often waking up in bed next to him these days, he's less desperate for that sort of physical contact.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Everything Ronin decides to get is easily wrapped up – a tab for Seraphina that always got paid eventually, and with her own tasks accomplished and Ronin’s bags of supplies made, they can start to be on their way. “Oh I would love that!” She chimes, flashing him a bright grin, grabbing the bag of paints because it wasn’t too full in comparison to the canvases, Sera taking a moment to stuff her coat into it with a wink.

She takes another sip from her hot chocolate as they slip from the store and she casts her glance back over toward him. “Now, let me take you to my favorite coat shop and you can get something for Remi, then we can head back to the workshop and get you all set up.” An easily detailed plan – something Sera was addicted to doing. Plans made it easy for her to keep track of everything, and seeing as she already knew the places they were going, it only made it that much easier.

Hooking her arm with his again, she drags him down the street toward the shop she had bought her new jacket. “You said he was practical. What kind of jacket do you think would suit him best?” She asks, giving him her entire attention for the answer, curiosity knowing no bounds.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
Ronin smiles brightly at that - not only has he committed to doing something for himself again, but he already has a reason to begin. Thanking the shopkeep and accepting the wrapped canvases, allowing Sera to take the bag of paints, the Star finishes his hot chocolate (even if it's still a bit too hot) that he might free up his hands to fall into step with his companion again. He clearly doesn't object to her plans, enjoying allowing another person to take the lead for once. It's a rarity, believe it or not, for Ronin to have that pleasure.

"That sounds great," he chimes, following along and surrendering his arm to Sera's, the falling snow settling back around his shoulders again. "Oh..." Ronin's smile melts into something warmer now that he can think about his husband, and he considers the coat for a moment. "Something light but warm. Lots of pockets, inside and out. No hood, just a high collar," he suggests, nodding to her. "Black or brown - something that will blend in easily."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
She still sips delicately from the hot chocolate, having not finished her cup just yet as she hooks her arm with Ronin’s. She can sense that he’s happy about this turn of events, the idea of getting something for Remi as well, and the Artificer relishes in those little small things that make it all so worth it in the end. So she takes his advice into mind, bringing him with as they dip into the new shop, Sera offering a wave to the woman manning the store before she’s diving past where she had gotten her jacket for the men’s section near the back.

There’s plenty to choose from, but Sera releases her hold on Ronin to start perusing, picking out a few of the lighter fabrics edged in blacks and browns. There’s one that almost appears like a cloak, a tie in the front that can keep it held together. There’s another that’s fully buttoned, edged with a light leather material to make it waterproof. Each of these she draped over her arm as she pulls them from each rack.

The next, however, is like a combo of all three. A high collar, edged with leather for waterproofing, and ties to keep it all together. But on the inside there’s a softness of light fur, warm but not too warm, and easily protected from the elements. After discarding her own cup of cocoa she moves to hold each one up, one in each hand and the other delicately placed under her chin, large enough to swallow her as she shows them off to Ronin. “Thoughts?