little white lies
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
Ronin is powerless to do much more than walk at Sera's side into the next shop, and he meanders through the fabrics and coats and other garments until they reach the men's section, and as far as the Star is concerned, all hell breaks loose. He's left lingering at first, and then sitting on a little stool as he waits for her to narrow down her search to three potential coats for Remi. When she finally emerges for the verdict, he appropriately grins and claps and examines each contender as though they've come out specifically for this purpose.

"Oh, it has to be this," he says approvingly to Option #3, feeling the inside of the coat for its roomy pockets and fur-lined softness. "Perfect. Looks like the right size for him as well." Basically, anything that would fit Ronin would fit Remi, give or take an inch of space. And the Star is already pulling this coat on, turning up the collar and nodding. "What do you think? Can you see this look in the Greatwood?"
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
wanna play cheat, now says the sloth
a domino flush to his nose
Ronin’s excitement matches  Seraphina’s, and it’s exactly that kind of bright chemistry between them that makes this so much easier. To pick something out for Ronin’s husband and help the Star with it rewards not only her, but Remi, and in turn Ronin as well. So she shows them off, grinning when he chooses option three, tossing the other two back onto a rack so they can test out the new one.

She watches as Ronin pulls the jacket on, tests it out, pops the collar even and she can’t help but to snort at it. “Oh, I think he’ll look incredible.” She says with pure confidence, before she’s turning to a rack beside Ronin and fiddling through the pieces to find another addition to it. In this, she finds an attachment, one that can be attached to a few metal clasps on the inside - additional storage. She reaches in despite Ronin wearing the jacket, to clasp the extra pockets into the middle of it beside Ronin’s hip, before withdrawing and flashing him a brilliant grin.

There. That should do it. Anything else you can think of? A scarf?
tickle that cheek and take your throne
pump your veins with gushing gold
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
Ronin thoroughly enjoys modelling the coat for Sera, though he's at least able to remember that it isn't for him - that it's Remi who needs to be wearing it throughout Deepfrost. With that in mind, it probably makes sense as to why he's stretching out with the coat on, testing its durability and flexibility and only thinking to hold still when Sera moves to approach him again. "What are-- oh!" He grins as she reaches in to attach the extra storage. "That makes sense."

With a final turn, the Star completes his appraisal of the garment and shakes his head. "No, I think this'll be perfect," he says. "He's got gloves already, and plenty of ways to keep himself warm otherwise. I think this is it." He shrugs out of the coat, carefully folding it over his arm. "Shall we? We can head for your workshop after this."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
As she withdraws, she pats the side of the coat on Ronin that she’d placed the added pockets within, giving him a knowing look before withdrawing and watching his final appraisal with both amusement and content. They’d done well, found exactly what the Star wanted to gift his husband, and she feels like her job out here is done now. A playful grin crosses her face as she nods in response. “This it is, then.” She offers, guiding him back toward the entrance where she can speak with the shop keep and get everything in order.

It doesn’t take long, thankfully, and then they’re back on their way, drifting along the streets covered in snow and avoiding the majority of the people on their walk back to the Tower. “I may be able to build you an easel when we get back for the canvases to sit on. I’ll have to see what materials I have there.” She contemplates, glancing sideways at him to guestimate his height again. “But we’ll get you set up in no time. Are you excited?” She probes, flashing him an easy grin.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
Ronin follows happily along once their decision is made, surrendering the coat to the shopkeep to get it neatly wrapped and parcelled up, and they've got quite the bit of shopping to carry along with them by the time they get back out onto the streets. Still, Ronin isn't complaining - far from, in fact. This is the most ordinary thing he's done since he got to Stormbreak, and his cheeks are ruddy with cold, his hands precariously trying to balance the canvases and the parcel.

An easel is more than he might have anticipated, the Star grinning brightly to Sera from around his shopping, and he nods gratefully. "So long as you don't mind," he says to her. "I wouldn't want to keep you from more important projects! And... yes," he admits, a quieter voice. "It's been a while since I was able to do something that was a hobby from before I became the Dark Star. I'm looking forward to it."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
To be honest, she’s quite excited too. To be able to have someone in the workshop aside from Levi to keep company, perhaps to keep her from swearing too much when something doesn’t work out, perhaps even someone to use as a reminder to take breaks (gods knew Sera needs that most of all). And so she focuses on it, the walk back and attempts to ignore the cold, stuffing gloved hands in pockets around her own package, before her head is tilting toward the Star.

It wouldn’t take me long, honestly. And a break from more complex things for something as simple as an easel should certainly help any mental blocks I get.” She teases him lightly, a bit of a skip in her step. And she’s invested in his story of being an artist before life had changed for him so drastically, so much so that she doesn’t realize quite when they get to their respective places to part and drop off their items to go on about their day again. They’d meet up soon, though, she’s sure of it.

— FIN <3