now you'll never drink alone
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
A small part of Wessex relaxes when it becomes clear that Elide isn’t here with teeth bared and knives drawn. She can handle dissent and differing opinions, but it makes it all the easier when she doesn’t have to push back. When she can just… be. Listening carefully, the Wraith waits until she’s finished to begin answering the questions and attempting to offer reassurances.

“There’s a plan. A loose one, your basic lure and trap with a fake house. I imagine that it’ll start out solid and then eventually devolve, because no matter how hard we try, we can’t predict what the Monsters are going to do. They aren’t always rational. They’ll try to trick us - and once one knows something, they all know it.” This isn’t the best way to start telling the newbie what they’re up against, but the danger and risk needs to be laid out honestly. Maybe a bit more piecemeal, though? Ease her into it?

“Unfortunately I don’t know how the Voice will get you, Kiada, and anyone else who isn’t already in the Grounds there. And I don’t know when, other than before LongNight. It could be tomorrow, could be the day before…” she shrugs. If only their prayers had been answered in a timely manner, they might have had some answers. As it is - in an uncharacteristic turn of events, they’ll go this somewhat alone. It’s unsettling. Reckless. And it undermines a bit of her faith in their Lady, if she’s being honest.  

“So here’s what I think you can do. Keep training. And find someone with magic or a powerful shift that you can bite. We’ll have the Warden with us, but I don’t think she’ll appreciate being used as a drinking fountain.” Given what they both know about the Glacier, it's likely that she'd offer out of a feeling of obligation if her people came empty-handed, but Wessex doesn't want to make presumptions about that potential scenario.

Falling silent for a bit, she allows space and time for Elide to take all that in.

Messages In This Thread
now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-02-2021, 02:50 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Elide - 02-02-2021, 05:30 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-04-2021, 12:43 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Elide - 02-05-2021, 06:18 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-08-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Elide - 02-09-2021, 06:25 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-10-2021, 03:12 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Elide - 02-11-2021, 10:14 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-13-2021, 04:49 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Elide - 02-13-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-13-2021, 06:25 PM