[SE] A Peace of Luck
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
“I don’t know,” she says for what seems like the hundredth time, said to person after person in some semblance of honesty because Wessex doesn’t lie. She may kill and she may pitch fits, she may try to manipulate and she may threaten, but she doesn’t lie. The future - their plan - is unknowable. Too may pieces are moving, too many individuals unpredictable.

She’s never known if it would succeed. And she’d thought she was the first to try to defeat them, the first bold enough to say enough, this is the last time you’ll take our people.

Ok, so, she isn’t the first. A temporary blow to her ego, but as we all read, she’s the most egocentric person the Sword knows. Her ego will bounce back.

So she says this not to defend herself and not to convince him, but because of some deep-rooted desire that’s eaten into her ever since she first talked to the Monsters. Fervent, fierce, a pillar of light that would make the Voice proud, she finds herself looking at Henry with a hushed intensity. “But it’s worth trying. To end this reign of terror and give our people a peaceful LongNight? That dream is… somewhere deep inside every Grounder. Something wished for, but never spoken of. I want us to make it a reality.” They have to try. Before the Order swoops in. Before some other kind of hell breaks loose. Before Gods only know what strikes, they have to try.

A little embarrassed by her outburst, Wessex suddenly busies herself with opening the packages. The first is the necklace - an elegant Loki, a tangible replica of the the dragon around her arm. She isn’t one for jewelry, but this is a statement piece and she lifts it up to examine it with a poor, but appreciative eye. “This is magnificent,” she declares, fastening it gently around her neck.

With a soft smile she turns to the second parcel, unwrapping a small book, not unlike what she’s just read from. It’s smooth underneath her fingrs and as they touch the cover and the edges, flip open the cover quite by accident. She stills and looks back up at the younger Walker, nodding a solemn promise. “I won’t. Thank you.”

It’s his turn now and what he’ll find is a clear, stoppered container filled with water. It looks quite ordinary, really, until she explains it. “Water from Frey’s Breath in the Climb. It can heal almost anything. For an emergency when you’re exploring.” The second is a set of fine colored pencils, just your basic colors, but something he might be able to put in a bag and take with him wherever he goes.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
[SE] A Peace of Luck - by Henry - 02-02-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: [SE] A Peace of Luck - by Wessex - 02-03-2021, 02:40 AM
RE: [SE] A Peace of Luck - by Henry - 02-05-2021, 04:46 AM
RE: [SE] A Peace of Luck - by Wessex - 02-05-2021, 05:09 PM
RE: [SE] A Peace of Luck - by Henry - 02-09-2021, 02:22 AM
RE: [SE] A Peace of Luck - by Wessex - 02-10-2021, 02:34 AM
RE: [SE] A Peace of Luck - by Henry - 02-11-2021, 10:56 AM
RE: [SE] A Peace of Luck - by Wessex - 02-12-2021, 02:00 AM