[SE] Validated
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
I wanna make A color that no one else has seen before
She's startled by the question, completely unprepared for it. So she takes the chance to think about it, about what she's really done for herself since coming to Caido. Melita opens the gift and Aurelia leans in on the table, resting her chin in one hand. On the surface it might appear she's watching for Melita's reaction, but in reality she's in thought.

"Well, I've been trying to learn about how things are here..." she clears her throat, lifting her chin, "I've learned that a lot of things I thought were right were, actually, wrong. So.. I'm giving myself the chance to change, do better, be better. Starting here," she gestures with her hands around at the ship, "with all of you. And I may have... started something with Milo," she lowers her hands, feeling a flush reach up into her cheeks. Quieter, she explains, "I've never given myself the chance at this sort of thing. My life didn't have much room for... that, before. It's- uhm- nice."

She smiles and her gaze drifts for a moment, thinking fondly of Milo and his messy red hair, the glint of the sunlight in his eyes, of wrestling in the sand and ocean with him.

She doesn't quite notice the stray tear or, if she does, she doesn't make a deal out of it. The knives are inspired by something Melita had told her before about a beloved sun god that she 'would've followed anywhere'. That, combined with the interest in learning how to use throwing knives, and... ta-da!

She shrugs gently, "Traded a lot of manta crystals. My father was a weaponsmith but I never learned, so I had to find someone who could make these for me." More like she never had the chance to learn. If she had, she might've picked it up, became a smithy, created beautiful armaments. But that's a far-off dream of some parallel universe where her father's still alive and she's still in her home world. It's a thought in the back of her mind, to follow in his footsteps, but it's burrowed pretty far back.

Aurelia prays to the gods that Melita outdoes her, excitedly {but somewhat carefully} tearing into the package. What's revealed spreads a grin across her face. She lifts the bow from its confines and admires the smoothed, hand-tooled driftwood it's built from. It already feels at home in her grip.

"Melita, you didn't," she exclaims in disbelief, "This is amazing! Did you make it?" She stands up to better examine it in her arms, lifting it, extending it, admiring some more. "Gahh! I can't wait to use this!"
I wanna be so much more
Aurelia
code credits go to Skylark!<3

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Validated - by Aurelia - 02-09-2021, 09:43 PM
RE: [SE] Validated - by Melita - 02-09-2021, 11:17 PM
RE: [SE] Validated - by Aurelia - 02-12-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: [SE] Validated - by Melita - 02-13-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: [SE] Validated - by Aurelia - 02-13-2021, 01:30 PM
RE: [SE] Validated - by Melita - 02-13-2021, 06:35 PM
RE: [SE] Validated - by Aurelia - 02-15-2021, 03:14 AM
RE: [SE] Validated - by Melita - 02-15-2021, 06:09 PM