Key Quest a tomb of your making
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
Well, everyone was supremely disinterested in his plans of self sacrifice. Sam sighed, though before he could insist or do anything else he was grabbed by Ezra, who began to spout off utter nonsense (though he could do it with such confidence it sounded like something he really meant - Sam was jealous of that talent). "I'm just trying to--...I'm the strongest and I know how this goes. I should be the one to help."

But whatever. The door. As he got there, Sam shrugged off Ezra and peered out. There were indeed monsters there, but there were was also a lot of fire on the door...he began to think of an idea. This time, he wasn't going to ask anyone, since that hadn't been going well so far.

Using his glove, he tried to pick up whatever he could outside the door that was on fire; a chunk of the wall, a windowsill, anything burning and large enough to matter. Once he had it, he would attempt to throw it out of the door towards the monsters, hoping to get them to scatter.

--

Sam, using his telekinetic glove, attempts to pick up any burning debris from just outside the door and throw it at the monsters outside.

Type: Grey
Leather Prosthetic | Made to look like a glove placed over missing fingers, it also has the ability to move small objects telekinetically within a five-foot radius. (Made by Deimos)

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MABEL

Mabel didn’t have many options. To be fair, most of them seemed to be in the same boat. Or barracks, as it was.

If they stayed, they’d be set aflame, eventually. If they left, they might be consumed by monsters, the ones drifting around outside, before they even got to the next destination. “What if,” she murmured, racking her head for any other answers and considerations, watching as Sam tried to do something. “We went for the underground?” With its stones, with its walls, with its few entry points. They could stay there for the rest of the LongNight.

If they made it there at all.

With so many other notions and nuances flickering around, she was likely only contributing to the chaotic swings. “We can’t stay in here.” Not for much longer. They’d be forced out, one way or another. She angled herself closer to the door, the trepidation, the panic, the uncertainty making her inch towards departure, and escape.

--

Mabel suggests trying to get to the underground, and tries to get closer to the door.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
If you dig under my feet
You will find things that you don't want to see
Weaponsmith

Age: 362 | Height: Kinda short | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
THE GHOST IN THE SHELL \\
He's torn.

"Putting the fire out will just give them the opportunity to take the house apart again," he says, pained. Azrael's right. And the damage that had been done before the flames came? Aamu doesn't think the barracks will stand long enough.

Torchline probably is too far. "There's also the jail, right?" he says after Mabel's input, peering out the door Elide broke through as Sam throws burning wood at the creatures out there. Gleaming eyes, shadowy limbs: it feels wrong and icy dread settles in his gut. "Right, axe lady and Mara, stick to Morgan out there. Let's take what we can from here—weapons, shields, torches, oil, flint and steel, lanterns, whatever. Stick together when we go out. Someone who knows the Settlement better has to lead the way. Jail or underground. Morgan, guard the door with Sam for now."

As Aamu (hopefully) leads the others into the interior to scavenge for protective (and flammable) things he thinks of one more thing. "I could always transform in here, break the house and drop the burning pieces on the way to wherever we're going."

It'll leave him on his own, though.

Aamu says we should abandon the house and go for the underground or the jail, he'll let someone who knows the HG better decide. He says Mara and Elide should guard Morgan out there. Then he says we should go and take weapons, shields, and fire-making things (like torches and oil) from the armory (and suggests possibly transforming into the dragon to break the house and litter flaming debris on the way to where they want to go). So he goes to take some of those things while hoping Sam and Morgan stays to guard the door.

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:
With your big heart, you praise God above, but how's it working out for you, honey?
Thankfully Azrael did not stray again, so Bastien was able to focus on the happenings around them. The door was knocked open, revealing sets of eyes in the darkness; his heart sank at how many there were. He had to pull his mind back from falling into panic, the grief for Rexanna he'd long thought seen and felt coming back again. In way, he was thankful for Aamu suddenly taking charge, even if his 'and who are you?' senses began to bristle.

"The Jail is secure. The Underground may well contain more monsters." He'd seen all sorts of things down in those caves. "Most should focus on getting out. I can quickly get supplies-" He lifted up his board, then his eyes flicked down to Azrael. "-If you all swear to me Azrael will be cared for until I return. With your lives."

Hoping someone would, he moved quickly, knowing they didn't have much time. Hopping on his board, Bastien would fly to the storerooms and pick up in his arms whatever armour or weapons he could find and take, then attempt to get back before much time at all had passed.

--
Bastien tells y'all to look after his baby or else, then uses his hoverboard to quickly go back into the building and get weapons/armour from the armoury (however much he can carry) then return.

Hover Plate | A thin sheet of elegant metal that acts as a hover board when stood upon by an ascended. Ascendeds can control the height (max. 3 ft) of the board, as well as its direction and speed (speed is equal to the rider's). To a non-ascended, nothing happens when it is stood upon.
Do you feel loved?
Bastien
Base Code by Sky!
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
EZRA

Well this is all peachy. My faith in the group is falling by the minute,. especially given everyone's utter inability to make a decision, but here I am. And yeah, it doesn't help that my primary skills (looking pretty, making people feel good) are useless in this situation.

So I'll do the other thing I do best: go along with the leaders, and try to cover my own sexy ass. Sidling up to Morgan, I nudge her with my shoulder. "Help a girl out? One bite for the road?" I'll attempt to take a bite unless she, y'know, physically shoves me off, but that water sounds nice right about now, with the whole damn world on fire.

Ezra attempts to bite Morgan for water magic
i may not be everybody's cup of tea
but i'm someone's double shot of tequila
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Change author:
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
Morgan was certainly not fond of being called Curls, nor of the suggestion that people 'take a sip' from her - she had only been bitten by one, and it was now a rather intimate affair...still, it was true that it would help them for her water magic to be more available. After a moment of silently assessing the situation, she nodded, though her expression was dour. "I agree that my power could be useful, but not everyone can take it. I need my strength." Basically: back off, bloodsuckers.

Ezra was insistent, and in this one instance that would be rewarded - Mara too, since she clearly wanted it. Morgan would give one more person blood. One from each wrist and one from her neck, though she would try to give as much distance as possible from them (and to ignore any of the 'effects') it might bring. "Only take as much as you need for the powers."

Her unicorn had been peacefully sleeping through most of this (she was a champion of being unbothered), but Morgan now whistled for her to come over, knowing she'd need healing if she was going to withstand this.

---
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)

Morgan will allow 3 people to drink from her. Ezra, Mara, and someone else, as long as they take the minimum for the power to work. After each bite, she'll get Eunike to heal her.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
Elide

Things are beginning to unfold and true action is gearing up. Rather than worry too much about everyone else and what they're deciding to do, Elide's looking out of the doorway, watching the eyes that peer back at her and listening to the way the building seems to creak and bend under the pressure of flames.

Her axe is quickly put back along her belt and she readies her crossbow, aiming a single shot into the dark - hoping to pierce those eyes with it.

To the others, Elide then turns her attention and nods curtly. "The child..." her gaze swerves towards Azrael, "should be at our center; they'll be easier to defend if we form a circle around them." Because Elide is not about to watch this kid get snatched into the darkness.

Elide aims a shot from her crossbow at a set of eyes in the dark. She's groovy with Aamu's and Bastien's plan but does suggest putting Azrael in the middle of everyone - for safety.
sewn together, my humanity and my immortality
together, they hang, trading places like sun and moon
Mara Tisifone

Age: 39 | Height: 5' 7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
we need love, but all we want is danger.
we team up, then switch sides like a record changer
'Listen curls," Mara snarls to Morgan as she advances, "You might not like it, but this is our best shot against not dying."

Looking at the rest of them and their absurd plans to go outside, the ascended bears her fangs and pins them each with a glare as best she can. "You think you'll survive out there? Half of you haven't even been an ascended for a full year, and you think you're fast enough to go against monsters who have wanted you dead for centuries?" This was no laughing matter, but Mara barked out a laugh just the same.

"We drench this bitch in water, seal that door back up, and live to see the sun fucking rise."

So saying, she'll bite down on one of Morgan's wrists. She isn't gentle, and though she'd absolutely like to drain the bitch dry just to prove a point (and, after a few seconds, she'd also like to drain her starting with her tongue, between the abandoned's thighs), for the sake of the goddamn burning building, she resists.

Mara drinks from Morgan and says it's suicide to go outside.
the rumours are terrible and cruel, but, honey most of them are true

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
key quest

This is a lot of talking folks...The barracks have one round left. This round. And you're blowing it with your indecision.

Samuel nears the door, but the debris isn't so great yet that it makes for a good weapon. The building has only been burning for a minute or two after all. Eyeing the fire, the bit of burning wood he does manage to throw doesn't come near the monsters, who are still a respectful distance away.

Bastien won't be able to make it back on this turn. He will have grabbed 3 swords, 2 shields, and 1 mace while out, and will begin his next turn standing on the board to return. If the building is still standing of course.

Mara and Ezra send Morgan into an orgasmic trance, while Elide shoots an arrow through the cracked opening in the door. Her arrow goes wide and the monsters snarl their amusement.

Overherad the roof begins to groan. Heat roars in from all angles as the windows shatter with the heat and pressure from the fire outside. Flames now begin to lick in, spreading up the ceiling and down the walls.

Outside, a piercing trill can be heard, followed quickly by a number of mechanical thuds and the death cries of a cluster of monsters.

Your randomly chosen initiative order is: Azrael, Samuel, Mabel, Aamu, Bastien, Ezra, Morgan, Elide, Mara. You have 24 hours to respond, based on when the person before you posted.

Please keep your posts as concise and clear as possible. Remember, this is a KQ. You can spend words on introspection later. Keep things action-based, and refer to the KQ guide in the guidebook for information about our expectations.

If I don't specifically say how your character has evaded an attack, or where the damage is, feel free to add this flavour in yourself!

Azrael: 10/10
Samuel: 216/216
Mabel: 30/30
Aamu: 28/28
Bastien: 85/85
Ezra: 11/11
Morgan: 110/110
Elide: 14/14
Mara: 20/20
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
and the sky was littered with the corpses of stars
Bastien leaves the little circle, offering a speech of protecting Azrael that has the child watching with furrowed brows as he departs. They can’t stay, and with Bastien not around, it has Azrael watching the group with determined eyes. “We have to go.” They announce, no more dallying. They prop the bag on their shoulder and keep the cab in range, hand reaching out for whomever’s closest (Mabel, and Aamu perhaps?) Before they’re moving toward the door.

I can heal us.” They announce though they don’t realize that it’s become more than it has before. So they take their group, giving a glance back to the space Bastien had disappeared to with a fair amount of sadness, before stepping out the door on high alert and lingering long enough for people to get a move on and join them.

Az doesn’t know what to do, so they take Aamu and Mabel’s arm/hands, and slip out the front door and waits for the others to catch up before going further >_>
this one night, i saw a million lightyears pass
Azrael
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Change author:
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
Well, his throw didn't achieve much. Sam watched the debris fall short and do nothing with a sigh; nothing left to do but to step out there, now. After Azrael and their guardian, he stepped out of the door, activating his shield. "Let me go first." He insisted, knowing that he was still the strongest, and once again using his glove to try and take from the wall something burning to hold ahead of them all, not for light but for a deterrent from the monsters.

One foot in front of the other, heading towards the jail. That was all they could do; at least Sam knew his way around the Settlement like the back of his hand. Determinedly not looking around them he began to walk, hoping the others would follow. If the monsters attacked, well. They'd fight. But maybe, just maybe, the fire before him and the amount of them coming out of the building would put the beasts off.
--
Sam heads out in the front of the group (in the direction of the jail), turning his shield upgrade on and using his glove to try and hold something on fire in front of him.

Holographic Force field Upgrade | the user can project a spherical forcefield around them. Objects and matter can pass through it, but when organic matter does it will receive an electrical shock as long as contact is made

Leather Prosthetic | Made to look like a glove placed over missing fingers, it also has the ability to move small objects telekinetically within a five-foot radius. (Made by Deimos)
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MABEL

It was all too much. Too many talking. Too many people. Too much noise.

Too much fire.

All it took was Azrael’s hand slipping into hers to square away some resolve – a piece of movement, a moment of motion. She inhaled a breath she didn’t require, didn’t need, but felt it steel over her rapacious, terrified heart. Better to take a chance outside, than in here, where the walls were becoming embers and the roof was threatening to break.

They were doomed within. They were likely doomed outside, but if there was some damned opportunity to escape and evade, she wasn’t going to waste it.

With the bow over her shoulder, the set of throwing knives, pocketknife, and rope still felt in her pocket, the youth followed after Azrael and Samuel, out into the lit-up night.

--

Mabel takes Azrael’s hand and follows Samuel out of the barracks.

If you dig under my feet
You will find things that you don't want to see
Weaponsmith

Age: 362 | Height: Kinda short | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
THE GHOST IN THE SHELL \\
He's torn.

He wants to split himself in two, one to stay and drench the house, one to venture forth into the night—see which one survives, and then make his choice.

But war's a gamble and someone else has wagered his life.

"I'm sorry," he says to Mara, closing his hand around Azrael's little one and looking down at the child. Someone else wagered that life, too. He nods to Elide, nods to Samuel, looks over Azrael's head to Mabel. Grips his halberd tighter in his free hand. "Let's hope we don't need it," he says lightly to Azrael and lets them pull him with them into the night beyond.

Aamu takes Azrael's other hand and follows Sam outside

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:
With your big heart, you praise God above, but how's it working out for you, honey?
With all he could gather in his arms and the roof above making very concerning noises, Bastien crouched and put all his energy into rushing back to the group. Focusing as hard as he could to try and go the fastest he'd ever been, he would hope to swing around and out of the back door, ending up just behind Azrael, Aamu and Mabel, ready to take over care of his child (though grateful that they had been cared for).

"I have weapons. Take something if you need it." He said quietly, trying not to alert the monsters, and let everyone take something he had (first come first served, and no Azrael, you cannot have a sword). Hopefully, if he did actually make it out and to the point of giving away this arsenal, it would be helpful in any potential upcoming fights.

---
Bastien zooooooms back to the door and tries to come out of the building behind Az/Aamu/Mabel and offer out the weapons he has to the group.
Do you feel loved?
Bastien
Base Code by Sky!