Key Quest a tomb of your making
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
EZRA

Ew, this is all some shitty planning.

But at least I get a good slurp on the way out. Curls (and I've decided I like the nickname, even if she doesn't) is fucking delicious, her blood dripping down my throat like sweet candy syrup. Oh man but I could just keep doing this and go down in a blaze of glory and it would be lovely to drown in it. Fuck the fire - or rather, fuck through the fire.

I let up only because everyone else seems to be leaving, and I love an audience. And then I see Mara - tall, beautiful, sexy as fuck Mara, delicious to look at, all legs and skin and dark hair and-

-and-

-and now I'm trying to transition into kissing her, my head still hazy with desire, dick now hard and pressing against my pants. Hnnnng, okay, focus fucker. Reluctantly and with great strength of mind I attempt to follow Mara's lead, whatever that lead might be. Spray and pray or run away, I lack the mental fortitude to make the call myself.

Ezra tries to start making out with Mara, and will do whatever she does lol #PrettyBoiPrettyUseless

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
i may not be everybody's cup of tea
but i'm someone's double shot of tequila
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
If looks could kill, Mara would have been six feet underground, but Morgan did allow her to drink what she needed to. As soon as she'd gotten enough Morgan roughly pulled her wrist away, not caring if it ripped the skin further, holding her arm up to Eunike to be healed. Ezra at least had the good sense to shut up and drink, though the obvious and intense horniness radiating off him had Morgan pulling a disgusted face and stepping away as soon as she could.

She wished Neron was there, only because he'd know just the right scathing comment to make without causing a fight, which she definitely would if she spoke her mind.

Anyway, there were more important matters to attend to. Once Eunike had helped mend her wrists (enough to at least make sure she wasn't bleeding freely), Morgan stepped out with the rest. They didn't have a choice, and she would go with the group. She had made a vow to protect. Walking alongside them, she kept her eyes out for fire in front of them, using her water magic to push out paths through it and keep it off the Ascended.

The eyes of the monsters were noticed, of course. She put her hand to her pendant then her chest, to be sure her armour was on.

---
Morgan walks alongside the group, putting out fires with her water magic as she goes and makes sure her armour is activated in case of an attack.

Water manipulation: Can create and control water. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Type: Grey
Amor Pendant | A pendant that hangs over Morgan’s chest. When pressed, it magically armors her torso down to her hips. (Made by Deimos)

She also has Eunike with her. EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
Elide

Elide grimaces softly at her miss, but she knows there will be plenty more opportunities to make use of the crossbow. Consider it a warning shot.

With the building burning down and no time left to lose, Elide takes up a position behind Mabel, Aamu, and Azrael.

She swallows down whatever fears she has, only grateful that her body doesn't have to experience the physical side effects of this emotion like a tremor in her hands or a cold sweat.

With a practiced hold and steady movements, she readies her crossbow to fire at any oncoming monsters - or any that might threaten to. She is careful not to aim her bow at any of her allies, however, being sure to stay aware of their positionings as well. Yes, that also means... whatever Ezra and Mara are doing. Actually, she tries to ignore that, muttering something like 'fools' under her breath.

Elide exits the building almost directly behind Mabel/Aamu/Azrael. She will shoot if the monsters try something but only if she has a clear shot.
sewn together, my humanity and my immortality
together, they hang, trading places like sun and moon
Mara Tisifone

Age: 39 | Height: 5' 7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
we need love, but all we want is danger.
we team up, then switch sides like a record changer
'Just where the fuck do you think you're going?' Mara snarls. She isn't here to join in the fucking trek outside. Fuck no. They'd spent hours barricading this fucking place, and now they were going to fuck off? When there was a perfectly good water source right where they were?

"You're staying here. Alive. And wet." The innuendo is darkly spoken, Mara caring very fucking little for Morgan's upset just now. The bitch had water this whole time, and said nothing while everyone freaked the fuck out. The building could have been soaked by now.

So no Morgan, you fucking stay put.

Reaching out to try and grapple the former Warden, Mara will release Morgan's magic to soak the walls where they stand while trying to keep Morgan from going anywhere.

Mara soaks the walls and tries to keep Morgan inside.

the rumours are terrible and cruel, but, honey most of them are true

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
key quest

Samuel marches ahead,  magically holding aloft a burning piece of wood. It isn't a smart play, what with all the highly volatile baby ascended around. Speaking of highly volatile baby ascended, Mabel, Aamu, and @Azreal are right behind him. Next is Elide, crossbow ready.

Inside, Ezra is groping Mara, while Mara is trying to force Morgan to remain where she is. The abandoned just manages to free herself from the clutching fingers Mara, joining the group outside.

So focused on the monsters and making it to the jail, did anyone think to look up? To see what lit the building on fire, what caused the monsters to scream, what was making the horrible trilling sound?

Well, now that you have a clear view, this is what you shall see.

It's the Sparkbird. Because of course it is. Last year many promised to return it to its home in the Climb, if only it lent its light one last year. And did you? Did any of you remember?

Oh that's right. You didn't.

And now it is angry.

Sparks rain from the sky as the bird flaps its wings, sending bolts of lightning toward everyone below. The painful sparks fall upon all of you as a group, shocking your systems. Though the damage is the same across the board, for some, these shocks are worse than for others..

Your randomly chosen initiative order is: Azrael, Samuel, Mabel, Aamu, Bastien, Ezra, Wessex, Morgan, Elide, Mara. You have 24 hours to respond, based on when the person before you posted.

Please keep your posts as concise and clear as possible. Remember, this is a KQ. You can spend words on introspection later. Keep things action-based, and refer to the KQ guide in the guidebook for information about our expectations.

If I don't specifically say how your character has evaded an attack, or where the damage is, feel free to add this flavour in yourself!

Azrael: 7/10
Samuel: 213/216
Mabel: 27/30
Aamu: 25/28
Bastien: 82/85
Ezra: 11/11
Morgan: 107/110
Elide: 11/14
Mara: 20/20

Spark Bird: 500/500
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4967
and the sky was littered with the corpses of stars
They have never seen the Sparkbird. They’ve read about it, of course, but they haven’t ever seen the sparking bird in person, to see and feel it’s anger as the shocks rain down from above. They hiss, gripping Mabel and Aamu’s hands a bit tighter before they realize Bastien is there. A hand departs someone’s to reach for their father, clenching their teeth and hissing as their systems spark while they try to keep moving forward with the group.

They nearly drop their bag with the shake to their systems. But they attempt to recover, gritting their teeth. “Papa, do you have the box from mama?” They ask quietly for Bastien to hear, before they’re reaching in for that upgrade to try and activate it. “I’m going to heal.” They announce suddenly, activating their healing upgrade.

Azrael continues to walk with the group and activates their healing upgrade!

Magic: Repair | Summons an electrical field from Azrael, Ascended within 60ft of them are repaired 30pts.
this one night, i saw a million lightyears pass
Azrael
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Change author:
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
Now that they were actually outside, it became rapidly clear that the monsters weren't the only thing they had to worry about. Sam's eyes grew wide as he saw the Spark Bird (and had little idea about what it was mad for, not having been in the Grounds during the last Longnight), but they couldn't stop. It wasn't like they had any chance of fighting it.

"Keep going. If we can get to the jail, it's stone. We will be alright there." With the people in this group, who were generally weak and inexperienced, they couldn't hope to make a stand here. Tossing the debris to one side (it didn't seem to be doing much) Sam took a moment to try and really take stock of their surroundings, using the texture of the road beneath his shoes, whatever he could see from the light of the flames, the walls around him, to think about how far was left to get to the jail, and how long they'd need to walk for.

---

Sam tosses the debris (AWAY FROM THE BABIES :P), and looks about to try and take stock of their surroundings and how far they have to walk to the jail, and keeps going.

He still has his shield activated:
Holographic Force field Upgrade | the user can project a spherical forcefield around them. Objects and matter can pass through it, but when organic matter does it will receive an electrical shock as long as contact is made
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MABEL

She wasn’t certain which was worse: the barracks being on fire, or the Sparkbird unfurling all its anger and rage down upon them. The shocks disarrayed the system, and were she able to feel pain, there would’ve been a wince, a whine.

Instead, she gripped Azrael’s hand tighter.

And remembered she really wasn’t capable of much else.

No ability to heal. Just Henry’s bird shift fluttering in her senses – and now wasn’t the time to take flight. Not yet anyway.

So she kept walking, kept moving, kept following Samuel, terrified and uncertain, hoping they hadn’t made a mistake (but they already had – in so many different ways).

--

Mabel continues holding Az's hand and follows Samuel.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
If you dig under my feet
You will find things that you don't want to see
Weaponsmith

Age: 362 | Height: Kinda short | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
THE GHOST IN THE SHELL \\
It is beautiful. Terrible, but beautiful.

Aamu wants to stop there. Meld into the shadows like an awed ghost. Worship: with his eyes, his soul.

But there's no time for it. The world is on fire and sparks rain down, sizzling, stinging, except he's numb to its wrath. He glances back, over his shoulder, but the others aren't coming. Why? He wants to run back to the door and yell at them, but time's up.

He squeezes Azrael's hand. "Run!" he hisses, a stifled, snarled shout, tugging on the hand he's holding as he breaks into a longer, loping stride, hoping Samuel will lead the way.

Safety and the dawn won't wait for them forever.

Aamu tells them to run and does that, expecting Sam (or someone else familiar with the HG) to lead the way. He is running for the safety of the jail (and to thus exit the KQ when they get there?)

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:
With your big heart, you praise God above, but how's it working out for you, honey?
Now that he was here, Bastien wasn't about to let anyone grab his child's hand and run. He held onto Azrael, leaning over them so that any sparks falling would hit his back before they hit his baby. "I do, but what do you--" He paused, thinking over what Azrael had said, then smiled, realising that it might be a smart idea after all. "Brilliant."

Pulling the sphere out, he spoke out a warning first: "I have a way for us to hide. It will make things very dark. Our guest might want to hold onto somebody." Morgan would be the only one unable to see (as well as the Spark Bird, hopefully). Warning given, Bastien pressed the button and again focused on protecting Azrael, one foot in front of the other until they were in safety.

--
Bastien leans over Azrael as they go forward so any sparks fall on him and not them. He activates the dark sphere so that some of them can hide in its darkness from the Spark Bird.

Dark Sphere | When the button on this small piece of tech is pressed, all light within a 5ft sphere is immediately darkened regardless of conditions. Ascended can still see.
Do you feel loved?
Bastien
Base Code by Sky!
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
EZRA

Unfortunately the curly fire hydrant is keen on getting out (almost as keen as I am on getting off), and she breaks free of our amorous embrace. More's the pity, really. At least I still have Mara and her hot lips and sharp teeth. I groan against her, pressing my hips needily into hers as the burst of water magic leaves me, exploding over the fiery walls. Not the relief I would have wanted, but it's something.

It's probably time to head outside. Everyone else is leaving. But, oh gods, the screeching is back, and it's loud, and nope, fuck that noise. The house is wet. And covered. And mostly sealed.

"If I'm gonna go out again, " I murmur to Mara, looking at her through heavy lashes under hooded eyes, "Might as well be with a bang."

Ezra tries to douse the house with Morgan's magic, hears the spark bird, and decides he likes his chances inside better.

i may not be everybody's cup of tea
but i'm someone's double shot of tequila
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Change author:
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
Glad to be away from whatever the fuck was going on in the barracks behind them, Morgan continued to walk at the back of the group, keeping an eye as much as she could on the people before her - that was, until they disappeared into a dark sphere. Luckily, Bastien warned her in time (wow thanks Bastien's player, thats so nice of you) and she reached to grab the back of his clothes to keep her footing forwards.

Concentrating, she used her other hand to channel water above them. Creating an arch that would ideally cover all the members of the party and stay solidly above them, she aimed to give them a shield that would not only block the sparks but douse them too. Morgan kept her face down and determined, taking her steps with an assured purpose and keeping the magic steady.

---
Morgan holds onto Bastien's back (like on his shirt or w/e) so she can walk forward with the group, then uses her water magic to keep an arch of water over all of them, to douse the sparks and protect from overhead fire attacks.

But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

It’s a different kind of chaos here, the screeching, the fire, the people both inside and outside the Barracks.

And the unmissable Sparkbird. What the everloving fuck -

Wessex arrives just inside the door, seeing Mara and Ezra first, using water magic and she quickly decides there’s nothing she can do there. Spinning to go outside, the Wraith sprints towards the group, seeing a blessing - the unicorn - and yes, prioritizing herself. “Healing, please!” she calls out to the Warden and wasting no time in reaching for the companion.

Her gut tells her they shouldn’t hurt the bird. It’s done so much for them over the years, and even though she hasn’t got a fucking clue what its problem is right now, why it’s even here,her mind goes to what might begin to deter it from attacking. Something that equals it in size.

At least they’re ‘safe’ from the monsters within its light. But the water - and sparks - oh no.

Maybe the best way to avoid electrocution is to keep the bird from sparking. “Try to calm it down! Does anyone have Jata’s dragon shift?” she asks the group, jumping over pleasantries and what’s been going on in her neck’a the woods.
------------------------------

Wessex arrives via teleport, sprints towards the group (hopefully getting into Azrael's healing radius), and asks if anyone has Sunjata’s dragon shift.

Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
Elide

The cry is bird-like to Elide's ears before she even raises her eyes to see that it is, indeed, a giant bird raining hellfire down upon them. She doesn't feel the sting, but senses it all the same.

Well no one warned her about this.

She ducks her head as Morgan summons an arc of water, hoping that will be enough to douse further oncoming flames. Otherwise, she carries on. There isn't much use trying to hit the thing, and with everything going on, Elide's main focus is ensuring everyone stays together.

That seems to be going fine, until Aamu tries to run ahead. Her voice hitches in her throat, a call to wait lost on her lips as Bastien formulates a totally different plan than just running for it. Steeling, she grits her teeth and shouts "Wait! Stay together!"

She sticks close to Bastien and Morgan's flanks, holding her crossbow close, ready for whatever comes next. The Ascended demi-god teleporting in is completely unexpected. As for which of them has a dragon shift?

He might have just ran off.

Elide tries to call Aamu back. She stays close to Bastien and Morgan and co. in the hopes that she can hide in Bastien's thingy-ma-bopper.
sewn together, my humanity and my immortality
together, they hang, trading places like sun and moon