these shallow waters never met what I needed
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
Vai can only raise her eyebrows at Remi as if to ask what he thinks she'd possibly be doing asleep. "I was attacked by someone I didn't see, and then I heard someone sneaking around downstairs in my house," she points out, her voice still a hushed whisper. "I'm just glad it was you, otherwise I might have reacted poorly." Without prejudice, she means. Luckily it is Remi, and the witch folds into his embrace with a shaky sigh.

When he draws back she lets him make her inspections; a hunter and a tracker at heart, Vai knows the concentration writ upon his features all too well. And so she is still and quiet to let Remi look at the fading cuts, vibrant pink scars and rainbow of bruises on her body. She lets him do what she still can't do; look at herself properly.

It wasn't Sunjata. There's no reason for Vai to merely take the Lullaby's words as gospel - and yet, she absolutely does. She trusts the man before her implicitly, and Remi has ways of investigation that no other can rival. And so Vai's shoulders sag, and she leans into his hug a second time, her relief more obvious to him than to anyone else in the world in that moment.

"I had hoped I was wrong," she whispers. "But then... who? It sounded so much like him, Remi. And I ended up outside his house."
and the sun
will rise

Messages In This Thread
RE: these shallow waters never met what I needed - by Vervain - 02-18-2021, 04:51 PM