raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Honey, these arms that once held you are ready to fight
Well, she certainly doesn't feel it, even if she holds that thought trapped on her tongue. A queen would have far more power here. A queen wouldn't feel so powerless, so easily maneuvered on a board she previously owned and held, conquered and contained. A queen would have worth, wouldn't be...this. Miserable and half-forgotten to time. Inserting herself in places she is unwanted.

"I'm not going to contest you when you know him best, but you can't call me a queen and then ignore how refusing to let me do something goes against my very nature." Finding words that are not barbed or poisoned isn't easy, but both of them are reluctantly giving ground after the flashburn of emotion, and she will begrudgingly continue down that road if it means finding some sort of middle ground. Even if he closes himself off to her physically, making her draw her shoulders back and take a step back, feeling the sting of his rejection far deeper than he likely knows.

"So we'll be your council and nothing else? Surely you have some plan if you're already considering this. But there are so many others willing to help, resources and people I can reach out to that you can't. Will you let me do that?" Or does he intend to take the weight of this entirely on his own shoulders, regardless of how that may ensure his own downfall?
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: raised on the edge of the devil's backbone - by Hotaru - 02-26-2021, 03:17 AM