Personal Quest Setting Up Properly
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

He stumbled into faith and thought
God, this is all there is?

Sam sat on the bottom stair of his shop (giving the occasional nervous glance up to the attic where the bats were, though none of them came down to visit) waiting for anybody to arrive. All around him were piles and piles of books; many of them made by him but some of them ones he had collected or bought over the years. To fill up his shelves all would be up for barter for now.

He wasn't sure if anyone would come, but he didn't have to wait long before there was a knock on the door. Sam rushed to answer and couldn't help the slightly goofy smile when he saw Remi carrying tea. He had been so excited he even did a silly mock-bow as he welcomed Remi into the room, balancing the tray on a little table so they could sip it and wait for a new arrival.

His good luck only increased when he saw Jigano approach through the window. While he did feel a little jolt of panic at knowing he had said a few not-kind words about Remi the last time he had seen Jigano, he hoped that he would have the good sense to not bring it up. He placed down his tea cup and happily opened the door to welcome him in.

Nairi he had only met once and in rather embarrassing conditions, but he smiled and let her in anyway, knowing he needed the help. The next person to enter, Caiside, was an absolute stranger. With his normal nervousness Sam said hello and shakily guided him in.

Well then. Four people seemed like more than enough to begin the job. Fighting every introverted bone in his body Sam stood up and addressed his four volunteers.

"Thank you for coming, ev-everyone. Remi, Jigano...N-Nairi? And um...you.." He stumbled over not knowing Caiside's name for a moment but recovered. "I assume you read my notice? I...I want to start selling books from here. But it's...a mess. There are a lot of problems." He gestured to the dust and cobwebs, then to the books on the floor.

"Maybe we could start with...well. Um. Remi, could you come with me upstairs? There's something I think maybe you could help with. Jigano...um...could you maybe start to stack the books? On the shelves. I...I don't think any of them are alive, so don't worry." He laughed quietly at his own little joke.

The books on the floor were all different shapes, about a range of topics and bore covers of every colour. Which order Jigano put them in was up to him, the books spanning from spellbooks to medical texts to poems.

"Nairi...and um...you. If either of you are g-good at art...I need the sign--" Sam pointed to a large piece of wood with a worn out surface, faint old words on it."P-painted, to say 'Wordsworth Books'. But you can...choose what to draw around it." He had gotten out some paints and a small brush to do it with earlier but then lost confidence and the tools still laid next to the incomplete sign.

"And um. I need somebody to help me make the stairs more st-stable..but I don't know how. If you know anything about metal..." The spiral staircase was made of a single large metal pole with stairs jutting out from around it. What Sam had missed was the rather obvious dent in the bottom, which had cracked the metal and was being stressed at each bit of pressure.

With all the jobs given out for now, Sam motioned for Remi to follow and slowly made his way up the stairs, holding onto the railing to help with the shaking. As he got to the top step, he held out a hand to brush gently against Remi's shoulder to stop him. "Do..do you see the bats? I thought...since you can be an an-animal. You might be able to help me get rid of them. I'm sorry if that's...if that doesn't make sense."

---
You can do the job Sam mentions or go rogue and do something else. : ) Maybe your character has a good idea for the bats? Feel free to put your own personal touch on his store.

Post order:
1. Remi
2. Jigano
3. Nairi
4. Caiside

Messages In This Thread
Setting Up Properly - by Samuel - 01-25-2019, 06:59 PM
RE: Setting Up Properly - by Remi - 01-25-2019, 07:05 PM
RE: Setting Up Properly - by Jigano - 01-25-2019, 08:19 PM
RE: Setting Up Properly - by Nairi - 01-26-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Setting Up Properly - by Caiside - 01-26-2019, 06:18 PM
RE: Setting Up Properly - by Samuel - 01-26-2019, 06:48 PM