too close to the sun
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM
"I've been to parties with much, much worse dates." He laughed quietly, thinking over the kinds of events he'd been to - from the extremely rough in old bars and rotten docks to the very fancy in dining halls, when he was married to Heidi...both had had awful people in the crowd. "I like dancing. Not much good at it, but I'll dance with you, s'long as you don't mind me not knowing what the fuck I'm doing."

Adam laughed louder as she outright said the Gods were dicks, an opinion he himself often wanted to voice but couldn't find a lot of receptive audiences for. "Yeah. I mean, she gave me another chance to live, but...I don't wanna be involved in all these politics, y'know? And I want to get drunk and fuck my husband." He sighed, looking off to a corner of the ceiling. "I suppose I'll have to go and talk to her at some point, too, which..ugh." The Voice would probably try and get him to do some weird God shit, he was sure.

The one benefit of Ascending was the fangs, so he was happy to show those off, letting Maeve move his head from side to side. Resisting pretending to bite her finger, he smirked and looked her over. "Yeah, you seem like the type. I like your style...not enough people around here dress with some goddamn drama."
good evening, misadventure.
farewell morality.
it's time for another risky venture,
into the depths of depravity.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

"Oooh... So it's a date now? Adam! I thought we were just friends. This is so sudden." Then she's laughing as she rolled onto her back for a second, clutching her belly as she giggled. Finally, she got control of herself and rolled back to face him, fingers finding their way back into his hair where she started to scratch at his scalp once more. Now that she was touching him it was hard to stop for whatever reason. Maybe because he seemed to relax under it so much. "I love to dance. I'm a pretty good partner. I have no doubt I could keep you from making a fool of yourself."

It was a sentiment she understood well. She didn't much care for what the gods did. All their squabbling and meddling. His confession made her sober and she sighed softly, pursing her lips for a moment, "You know... We get plenty of Ascended who come in here. They still partake and from what I've heard and experienced they still have a good time. I'm sure you could figure it out with your husband." She meant it too. They couldn't fuck in the traditional sense, but they made it work.

Maeve felt her cheeks flush and she laughed softly, a smile curling on her lips as he complimented her style. "I know it isn't how people normally dress here in Torchline, but I've always been a bit dramatic. What's the point of looking like this and not dressing to fit?"
when you are not fed love on a silver spoon
you learn to lick it off of knives

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ADAM
"Hey now, it's a party date, not a proposal." He winked, though did have a slight sinking feeling in his chest as his mind flicked back to the person he had actually proposed to, but this still wasn't too much, right? Deciding it wasn't when the fingers in his hair still felt good, he raised an eyebrow and smirked at her claim she could make him look like a decent dancer. "Okay, I'll hold you to that. You gotta make me dance like a goddamn prince, and I'll give you whatever you want. If someone else agrees it looks good."

As for being able to have a good time while Ascended...he nodded and sighed, tilting his head side to side as he tried to think over how it had been to test out his new fangs with Pet earlier. "I mean....it's good, the biting. Feels like you're the horniest you've ever been - but there's no end to it. No payoff. Just a lot of build up." Adam knew just as well as anybody else that orgasms weren't the be and end all of sex, but without any kind of actual physical reaction either...well, it just didn't feel the same.

"I've heard there's a room in the Grounds somewhere that's got some magic or something that lets Ascended actually fuck...don't know why it's gotta be over there, but maybe I could take a visit sometime." He shrugged. With anyone else, Adam might have opted away from this topic of conversation, but he assumed Maeve spoke about much more explicit things daily.

As for her philosophy on how she dressed he just grinned and nodded, pointing at her to agree with her statement. Hot people had to dress hot. If he was Governor, that'd be the law.
farewell morality.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

"Party date... Which is different from a regular date how?" It was all in good fun, her teasing. She meant nothing by it. Just two people letting loose and enjoying each others company. He specifically just asked to talk and she was making good on that. Although his wink did still make her stomach swoop because she was just a girl and she liked flirting. It was what made this job fun most of the time. "Whatever I want? Adam, darling, that is a dangerous fucking game, my dear. Now that you said it though... No take backs." Her smirk turned positively devious as she said the words, eyes shining with mischief.

She considered his description, pursing her lips in thought as she tried to imagine the frustration. Probably like being edged and not actually able to finish. Yeah, no, that would fucking suck. "I could see how that wouldn't exactly be satisfying. No release and all of that. You know, I do have some people who absolutely never finish. Some are ascended and some aren't. They sort of... Well, they change their focus, I suppose? Focus on their partner instead? That seems to be fairly enjoyable for them. Maybe just point of view shift is needed." Maeve doesn't really look at him while she talked. Her brows drawn together as she mulled over her own words.

The mention of the room had her intrigued. "Interesting... I didn't realize there was a place for that. Maybe the Gods felt bad about fucking over all of their followers they pull up a level. I mean, it's not exactly fair. What? You follow them, get some extra power and favor, but have to give up worldly pleasure? Fuck that..."

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"Because it's at a party. Nothing is serious at a party." Adam declared, making this up on the spot but sounding very confident in the rule, as if it was decreed before every party.

Laughing, he nodded, enjoying making her smile; it was easy and simple, unlike the complex relationships he'd had for the last years. "Anything. Got any ideas about what you'd want? Hit me." Adam had done a lot of shit in his life, and he was sure Maeve couldn't suggest anything that'd take him too by surprise; he wanted to see just what she was hiding behind those mischievous eyes.

"...Yeah...thing is, he's Ascended too, so neither of us are finishing." He actually laughed at the situation for the first time then, at how weirdly absurd it was compared to where his life had been a couple of years ago. "I dunno. I'll work it out, I'm sure. Maybe I can cut some kinda deal with the Voice to get something back; I'm sure she has some serene God bullshit logic about it all being unnecessary, but...God, I just want to get wasted and cum." Adam groaned and rubbed at his eyes, realising he was back on his sad track of self-pitying thought. "Thing is, I was...literally dead. Like, actually dead. Before a couple weeks ago - she brought me back, so I can't really complain that much, I guess."
farewell morality.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"I would absolutely disagree. Everything becomes more serious at a party because it only lasts for a few hours, you see. Therefore it is incredibly important to make the most of it," she argued, making up her own counter to his declaration. Two could play at that game.

Maeve considered this for a moment, tapping her lip in thought. "You've made this hard, you know. You're married. I can't ask for sexual favors. That isn't right. Well... Unless I asked that your husband participate. Which might be a whole other can of worms." She was joking of course. Unless he'd be into that. In which case, maybe she wasn't joking. He looked like he could be fun. Even with his little predicament. "I'll have to give it some thought. I'll definitely have something figured out by the time our part opprotunity rolls around."

At this new information Maeve sat up suddenly, her expression shifting one to almost horror, "Seriously? Neither of you get to cum? What the actual fuck... That just isn't fair!" She lamented, deciding right then and there that she would be avoiding the Gods for as long as she could. She was not about to lose her right to orgasm. No sir. Maeve shook her head, letting out a heavy breath, "The more you keep talking about this Voice.. the less I like her. I mean, it's great that she brought you back and I'm glad you're not dead. Even though I've barely known you for an hour, but seriously. Even all of that considered, it just sucks. I think you have the right to complain at least a bit."

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"Oooh. But if you're going to put serious and important things in your hours there, how are you gonna have a good time?" Adam shot back with a quirk of his brow, the smirk on his face now in full force; it had been a while since he'd met someone quite this good at silly flirtatious banter.

He waited to see what she'd want; flattered that she wanted to ask for sexual favours but well aware Pet would never agree, he laughed apologetically. "No, he's uh...not really the type for that. For the first weeks we were together, he'd go beet red any time I kissed him." Adam paused, his chest suddenly filled with a giddy sort of happiness at the memory, and the smile on his face softened; he really did love Pet. Gods, he wished he could remind his stupid impulsive brain of that half the time.

"Thanks. Yeah, I dunno...I haven't even really gotten to the shittiest bit yet." He drew in a breath and let it go, old habits dying hard. "My old best friend...shes uh, very very into the Gods and stuff. Safrin's right hand woman. She is not going to be happy about this."

Adam glanced over to Maeve; she wasn't Ascended, didn't care for the Gods...she seemed to be one of the few people pleasingly neutral and outside of the whole conflict. "Have you ever met one of them? The Gods here? It's a weird time."
farewell morality.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"Adam, my sweet, you underestimate me. I'm plenty capable of having a good time  while doing serious and important things." Maeve insisted, shaking her head at him as she finally moved to lay back down, kind of snuggling against his side. Platonic cuddles. He still wanted her comfort, after all. She didn't really touch him otherwise. Just her front pressed against his side as he laid beside her.

The story about his husband made her smile, "Awe.. That's sweet. What a lamb." Maeve cooed, huffing a soft laugh as she watched his face shift into something softer. It was sweet. It wasn't often she actually saw someone seem so in love. Most of the married people that found themselves in her bed didn't actually seem happy in their relationship. Adam did. It was a nice change.

Maeve wasn't involved with the Gods, but she knew who was who. She knew that the Voice and the Old Gods weren't exactly... Friendly. No wonder this was going to be difficult for him. A grimace settled on her features and she blew out a breath, "Damn.. That's- That's fucking rough. I don't envy you." Maeve admitted softly, lips pressing into a thin line at his next question.

"No, I haven't. I've never talked to one. I prayed once... When I was little. Asking for help to get away from home. None of them answered. I did get out, but not because of any of them. We're told about them from a young age. About how they favor us. Love us. Want to help us. As far as I'm concerned... That's all fucking bullshit. They didn't care enough to help me then and I don't care enough to help them now." Bitterness colored her tone and she sighed, eyes shifting towards the open window and out into the darkness beyond. Finally she looked back at him, a hint of sadness to her eyes, "It's funny... Feeling abandoned without actually being abandoned."

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"You're doing better than me, then." He'd never been good at the serious parts of life.

Maeve moved to be at his side and he easily put an arm around her, relaxing down into her bed. Having always been a tactile kind of person, Adam had had many a platonic cuddle session and did not hesitate at all to get comfortable. "Yeah, he is sweet. He's...been through a lot of shit, and I try to remember that. Like..a lot of shit. He was sold to this asshole as a kid that worked him half to death and got him covered in scars from head to toe." Again, it seemed today he had a habit of dropping dark topics into conversations like bombs, but maybe that was just the nature of his life at the minute.

"I don't really know what he sees in me. I mean, I guess I'm fun for him, but sometimes I feel like he's wayyyyy too genuine for me. He's like, real, you know? He's just himself." And Adam had always been about fifty different versions of himself, for whoever he was with at the time; an endless rotation of personas to upkeep a reputation he'd decided he wanted years ago.

He'd heard similar things to what Maeve had to say about the Gods. "Yeah, I think they care about people as much as they'll do shit for them. They don't know anything about what it's like to actually live here." He had no idea where it was the Gods did live, but it was obvious they were distant from the average person on Caido. "I used to be Accepted, too. Tried it out with Safrin for a bit, for my friend mostly...I think staying away is a good idea, if you can."
farewell morality.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

When his arm went around her she took it as an okay to actually cuddle. Her head finds its way to pillow on his shoulder and chest, an arm slinging over his waist lightly as she tucks herself into his side. It's nice to just be held. Maybe she needed a little bit of comfort too if she was being honest. "The world is a fucked up place. I'm sorry he had to go through that, but I'm glad he has someone like you. You seem to really care about him." Maeve murmured as her fingers traced absently over his chest. Almost as if she couldn't keep herself still now that she wasn't focused on playing with his hair.

"You know... I haven't ever really been in a relationship. Not a serious one or one that wasn't for work. Sometimes I think I don't deserve it. I think everyone kind of feels that way at times. That they don't deserve the good things they have in their life. That they are too fucked up or too broken. Not real enough or good enough or whatever because the world has told them that over and over. It's why I think that when you do have those things you should hold onto them. Fuck the world. What did it ever do for us besides make us suffer?" It all came out of her, the words tumbling from her lips as if she had been sitting on them for sometime. As if it was something she thought about often, but never bothered to voice because who the fuck cared what she thought about it. No one. That's who.

Maeve snorted, rolling her eyes as she adjusted herself a bit against his side, enjoying his warmth for the time being. "So like everyone else in this world. No one wants to do anything without getting something in return. If you can't help them then just fuck off." She grew quiet for a moment, chewing on her lip as she considered his words. His advise. He was one of the first people to be honest about the whole god thinga. The first to tell her to stay away. That meant something. "You're the first person who is actually involved with them that has told me not to bother."

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"I do." Adam nodded, a little lost in thoughts of Pet (and the worries that began to creep back in, since he had not yet seen if his husband had survived the trials of Longnight...). Easily he shifted for Maeve to get more comfortable, distractedly looking up at the ceiling until she began to speak again; as her words became more emotional, more revealing, he moved his eyes down to her.

He related more than he really felt comfortable showing, but he found that the instant connection he had with Maeve made it easier to nod along and agree. "Yeah...yeah, you're right. This world and the last one I came from...both of 'em had plenty of fucked up shit. It's nice when you've got something better." Even if it wasn't permanent. "But hey, I'm sure there's someone out there for you eventually, if you want it. And you can always try again if you fuck it up - I was married before, in my early 20s."

As for the Gods, all he could do was shrug. "I've never been impressed by Gods or magic or whatever. Can still be an asshole never mind how many fancy titles or powers you've got."
farewell morality.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She didn't blush when he looked at her after her little outburst. Didn't feel the need to hide. Somehow, despite only knowing him for less than an hour, she felt like she knew him for ages. He felt like a long lost friend. Maybe in another life they had known each other and their souls were finally reconnecting here. If you believed in that kind of stuff.

Maeve knew she was young. There was a lot of life left for her to live. Things could change for her. She could meet someone at any moment. "I do want it, I think... I mean, I don't really know. I want to be loved. Everyone does, but... I guess I don't know what that looks like. There certainly wasn't in love in my home before. I don't even know if I'm capable of-" Maeve cut herself off, shaking her head as she heaved a sigh, not finishing the thought.

That earned him a huff of laughter as she fixed her eyes on his chest, fingers absentmindedly toying with the edge of his neckline. "Some would argue that fancy titles and powers make you into an asshole."

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
Maeve cut herself off, not finishing what she was going to say, but Adam could grasp the rest. He'd never really had that issue, struggling instead with falling in love far too easily and quickly, but he'd known people that had had the same fears. "Y'are. I think everyone is, they just gotta find out what it looks like for them, right? It's not all fucking...flowers and weddings and men and women in carriages. Sometimes it's different." Hell, he and Pet were two weird goth mercenaries that had bonded over being from different times in the same world. Love could bloom just about anywhere.

"Yeah, they probably do. The first person I married...well, she was rich, really rich, with a dad with titles. All absolute dicks." Not Heidi, but everyone around her; that had been the final nail in the coffin, really. The corruption of wealth in her family.

Glancing out the window, Adam tapped his fingers a couple of times against Maeves back where they naturally rested. "Looks like it's coming up to the end of the hour. I don't want to keep you from your actual work...though I gotta say you're very good at it." He winked. "I'll definitely come back."
farewell morality.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Sometimes it's different. She knew there were all different kinds of love. She did love people. Really, she did. She knew she could. That wasn't the same as making a home or building a life, though. You couldn't just declare your love for someone and expect it all to work out. Not all flowers indeed. Maeve sighed softly, snuggling closer for a moment because she just needed a little more. "I suppose you're right..."

She let them fall into silence for a little bit. Simply being with him. It wasn't until he spoke up again that she realize the time. Maeve made a soft noise of acknowledgement in the back of her throat, eyes fluttering open even as he brushed his fingers over her back. "Ah... It looks like it is. Well, Adam, it was an absolute pleasure," she giggled, moving to sit up and help him up in turn before guiding him over to the door. Maeve pressed a kiss to his cheek, having to rise up on her tip toes to do so. "Come back and see me. I definitely won't turn down a little bit of cuddling every now and again. I hope your husband is well, too."

With a final goodbye and one last smile, Maeve opened the door for him, letting him find his way back down the stairs and out into the real world. At least he had a moment of rest.

~FIN~