don't try to follow me
Vai <333
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
"please stop you're scaring me" i can't help this awful energy
god damn right, you should be scared of me
It absolutely wouldn’t be intentional.” He protests weakly, using his free hand to wrap the blanket a bit tighter around his shoulders. And when he manages that, he looks to the soup and the bread, his stomach rebounding some nausea at the thought of downing it like he wants to, so he goes small. He takes a piece of the bread and dips it in at first, swallowing it and lets it sit until he’s sure it’ll stay down and he can do it again.

He does manage a quiet snort at Vai’s comment as he dips another piece of bread into the broth, looking up at her with a soft ghost of a smile on his face. “Not sure if it was food or pent up rage.” He notes, exhaling a quiet sigh and taking another bite of it to let that sit while he thinks. “Good genes wasted if you asked my father.” He rolls his eyes, staring into the soup as he continues to let it settle.
who is in control?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vervain
"Intentional or not, I'll be having words with your stomach if it tries to undo all this good work we've been doing." Vai grins to Sunjata, joining him in dipping the bread into the broth and settling into a comfortable silence for a bit while they dig in. "Mm, well... food or pent up rage, either way. We're gonna have to be a little creative if we're dressing you before you head home."

Falling quiet again, Vai can only wrinkle her nose at anything that Shaju might have said. "Luckily for you, no one asked him. No one's going to ask him anything ever again, thanks to you. So I guess it was just good genes in the end, huh?" She smiles over her spoon at Sunjata, and it's a particularly dark expression given how Vai is usually so sunny and warm. "You get to rewrite history from here."
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Once those bites have settled he picks up a spoon and takes a bite of it, mulling over Vai’s words before he nods lightly. “We’ll make it work.” He assures her, uncaring if he even had to wear anything at all so long as he made it home. But for the rest of it? The talk to Shaju? He meets her eyes, understands the underlying words within them, before he takes another bite.

As that one settles, he peers back into his bowl, lips curling and tugging at the scar in a slight frown. “Is it bad that… I’m glad for it, to an extent? Obviously I hate what he did to you and Nate and everyone else but… Part of me is glad that other people saw what he was capable of and how different I am from it?” How different he prides himself on being from a cold, violent upbringing like that. “That’s all I’ve ever tried to do my entire life.” It’s a quieter admission, a realization. “I spent most of it acting in his shadow and Caido was the only place I could ever truly be who I wanted and it was still always haunted by him, by the worry he’d arrive and crush everything I held close like always. And now..?” He sighs. “He didn’t win this one. But I don’t feel like I did either, really.
who is in control?
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Vervain
"Mm. If it comes to it, you look quite fetching in a towel and blanket, so we'll just make it seem like an intentional choice," Vai agrees with a careless wave of her spoon, before she falls quiet once more both to eat and to hear Sunjata out. Slowly, she shakes her head. "No, I don't think it's bad at all. Sometimes that validation is the most important thing. It doesn't mean you aren't sad for the damage that was caused, but at the same time, it's damage you had to live through in secret for all this time. So no... I think I would be glad as well."

Letting out a long sigh and settling back in her seat, she runs her fingers through her curls as she considers the rest of his words. "That's what makes you a better leader, I think," she says. "There isn't any winning, not in a situation like this. And that's what will make you capable of building something out of this. It's an ending. Not a victory. You know?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
An intentional choice it may be, and one that Sunjata doubts anyone would be mad about. So he does manage a soft snort in response, before his words take them into heavier tides. He draws silent, letting Vai speak while he works on his meal again, choosing to pick up a fraction of speed with it as his stomach rumbles, pushing past the nausea for a ravenous hunger.

Her words help, so much more than he could ever imagine. And it’s from the bowl that he’s suddenly downed the rest of it, mopping up the last of it with the rest of the bread, that he looks up to her with a hint of relief. “More of a beginning, I suppose. Close that chapter for this one.” And gods how he hopes it’ll be worth every second of it, a smooth ride in comparison to the choppy waters he’s been navigating these last few seasons. “Thank you Vai.” He says again, before he’s sitting up a bit straighter.

Should we see about finding some clothes now?” He asks, wrapping the blanket a bit tighter around himself.
who is in control?
SUNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
Finishing up her soup as well in record time, Vai smiles across at Sunjata in agreement. "A beginning of a new chapter, then. Here's to leaving the other one shut," she says, raising her tea in a playful toast. And when he thanks her, she reaches out to rest her hand over his, giving it a gentle squeeze. "The road ahead might get a bit bumpy sometimes, Sunny, but I think it's finally stopped raining for you," she murmurs, recalling his previous stories about Korofi and the endless downpours there.

At the suggestion that they find him something to wear at last, Vai nods and rises to her feet. "I'm sure there's something around here that might pretend to fit you, at least. We could turn one of Felix's t-shirts into a crop top, if we need." Lighthearted and with a playful grin, she leans in to kiss the top of Sunjata's head, before ushering him out of the chair and further into the house. It might take a bit of creativity, but they do eventually get him dressed and presentable enough to go home.

~FIN