(SE, Open) Whispers of Green
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

"A firling? You've seen one before?" Sah questioned with both curiosity and wonder. This was certainly a new experience for him. Given how relaxed Noah was, he was pretty sure that the tree wasn't a threat. Still, what kind of tree giggled? He nodded at Belril. "It certainly does explain it. And by tomorrow I'm sure the whole city will know. News seems to travel fast here."

Sah glanced back at the tree his hand rested on as Belril mentioned decorating. "Decorating? With what? Is that a custom here? What's the purpose?" He asked curiously. As far as he had noticed, trees around Halo weren't generally decorated. Had he missed something?

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
if there's a reason I'm still alive
when so many have died
Noah let his fingers run over the bark once more, the delighted giggle of the tree filling the space between the two men and the boy. He shook his head at Sah's question, and stood up. He took a couple of steps back as he answered, "No, I have only ever read about them. They're legend." He stuffed his hands in his pockets, before answering Belril. "If there's any correlation in its continual growth based on its current growth, I imagine it might take over most of his square." He removed a hand from his pocket to gesture where he was talking about. "Someone will need to keep an eye on it, and take good notes so we can learn about it." He smirked some, "Can you do that, Belril?" He thought this would be a good job for the child, given his interest in the tree thus far.
then I'm willing to
wait for it
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Welp, here's hoping this peaceful moment last. Don't expect it to.
Belril was trying to figure out how to explain the whole concept of tree decoration to Sah, not having expected anyone to ask about it, when Noah asked his question regarding caring for it. He did not expect a chance to be taking care of any form of greenery while in Halo, so he was almost giddy to do so.

"I think so," he started with a small smile before taking a look over the unusual tree in question, momentarily doing so while keeping touch minimal to get a better look over. "It wouldn't be the first tree I've taken care of, though it would be the first one of this nature that I'd be doing so..." Belril suddenly flinched before saying, "all of a sudden, I'm afraid of its reaction to some of the usual methods to taking care of a tree, including cutting off parts that are clearly dying to make sure the rest of the tree grows healthy..."
BELRIL
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah's eyes narrowed and he glanced at the tree in concern. Cutting parts off of a living thing that seemed conscious and capable of feeling seemed barbaric. It made his stomach turn at the mere thought. "I'd avoid harming the firling. If it grows quickly, perhaps it will not need such tending to anyway." His tone was hopeful but wary. If the tree started crying or had some other form of negative reaction, Sah might panic. He hated seeing any young creature upset.

A thought occurred to him. "If it's a legend, should we set up a guard rotation? Will people harm it?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
if there's a reason I'm still alive
when so many have died
"Just study it to find out what it needs. It will tell you." He reassured Belril, trying to ease the child's worry. If Noah's suspicions were correct, Belril would not have to do any real tending to this tree like one might when deliberately growing them. The hunter suspected that Frey had something to do with this tree growing here, and doubted the god would need human interaction to make this flora flourish.

"I don't think that would be a bad idea, either, Sah. You can have the first guard." The hunter nodded again, his jaw setting in some stony way that made all of his words sound more official. "Keep me appraised if anything happens." He instructed the two of them equally. "You can find my office in the Palace." With that, the hunter raised his hand in a wave of departure, and set out for the building he had just mentioned.

-FIN.

then I'm willing to
wait for it