it's time to take some action, boys
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
i'm the kind of human wreckage that you love
What a ridiculous shit show this was, the longer it went on the less Rigby was interested. Mob and dragon alike could handle themselves, probably, and with the people having evacuated the building it was set to simply burn. His own cigarette added to the ashy cloud as he watched, until at last he decided he'd seen enough. With a hmph and a smirk, the ghost flicked his light away and to the ground, where he snuffed it with his boot before turning and heading for someplace quieter.
RIGBY
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
"I reckon we've just about got the Governor's attention now, don't you?"

Jack's drawling voice has the uncanny ability to carry across the crowd, even though the captain is still on the outskirts of it all. Perhaps it's all the time barking orders from a ship, or maybe it's just because he's used to being heard. Either way, he slips through the crowds like an eel, a hand raised to grab the wrist of a man at the front of the mob before another mollie can be thrown.

"The biter won't burn - you can see that from here. But he might learn from this, if he ain't stupid. This is Torchline, an' he doesn't own these streets - we do. Let him squirm on this - let him think long an' hard 'bout the kind of governor he wants to be. If he wants to be governor at all." His eyes lock with the dragon's.

"For now, quit wastin' good rum. Likes of us very legitimate merchants work hard to fill your cups with booze." Will it be a joke that saves the day? We'll see.
you wanted perfect, you got your perfect
but now I'm too perfect for someone like you
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Their chants die down as one captain speaks up from among the ranks. Jack, unfortunately, is right. With shifty glances and huffy mutterings amongst themselves, the mob's intensity wanes. When the Torchers are more willing to listen to Jack instead of their own governor, you have to wonder just how bad things really are.

You're lucky, Sunjata. The crowd slowly, begrudgingly disperses. But not before one of them comes forth with a brave and heated threat:

"Better watch yer back, armbiter; ya ain't my gov'ner no more!"

And then, whisked away by torchlight and temporary defeat, the mob is gone. Sunjata and his loyal(?) allies will be left to deal with the burning house themselves. He won't get help from anyone else in Torchline but he must know that by now.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
Well would you look at that. The house is still on fire and the world is still chaotic, but a few sharp words from the right mouth and away the angry mob trundles. Jack watches them go, accepting a few claps on the shoulder and promising a visit to the Hanged Man shortly. Indeed that seems to be where the majority of the mob are headed - surprise, surprise.

Only when they are gone, for the most part, does Jack turn back to Sunjata and Neos, and the smile that creeps across his face threatens to make him seem like another one of those anarchists, for a second. Then, of course, he reaches out to offer his hand for the Governor to shake. "You're welcome," he rumbles. "No idea how much time I've bought you, but don't waste it."
you wanted perfect, you got your perfect
but now I'm too perfect for someone like you
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
anyway, you say you're too busy
saving everybody else to save yourself
Honestly, as the cries rise up, his hackles raise with Neos there. Go. He tells Neos, with no room for debate. It isn’t helping, the idea of them begging to be killed — gods knew Sunjata already has too much blood on his hands. He wasn’t looking to continue the streak. And his hackles raise further with the nickname Sun, something he’ll have to correct with Neos when there isn’t a literal mob in his face, throwing fire at his armored hide, clawed feet reaching forth to bat it out of the way.

But there’s a voice in the back of the crowd that has his large head rising, teeth still bared and sharp, watching and waiting for what was to come. But it’s Jack, and if anything (even if Jack would hate to see it), it feels as if Jack’s his savior in this moment. His attention snaps to the one in the mob that comes forward, a huff of breath that crackles with energy is blown over the crowd but it does nothing more than become staticky.

It departs and Sunjata steps forth to Jack, staring at him with all his rage and gratitude at odds in his mind and his body, before he shifts back into himself. “Thank you. I won’t.” He assures the Captain, sucking down a breath of air and wiping away the blood on his face again.

And he’s shifting again, into that tri colored Pegasus, running back to the house, skipping over a bit of debris with his wings flaring. He reaches the house around the time Haai makes it out, instructing her to grab some buckets from the side of the house that hopefully weren’t on fire. He stomps a hoof down in the ground outside, drawing up a foot of water that they hopefully can use to start dousing the flames.
and you don't want no help, oh well
that's the story to tell
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind
Aurelia hears the shuffle of movement before she can even see Melita, and it's not just Melita. It's also three kittens, Fangorn, and Haai. "Oh fuck," she mutters, but does her best to offer stabilizing hands as Melita lands upon the ground, where it's... relatively safer.

"Not a gods damn clue," she offers in rushed answer, glancing back over her shoulder for only a moment to watch as the crowds begin to chant about 'burning the biter'.

But Aurelia's major concern, so long as more hell doesn't break loose, is quelling the fires that rip and shred at the insides of Sunjata's house. She can just barely manage it in the time it takes for the crowd to disband, thankfully, and so they certainly don't get any worse.

And when Sunjata is there, in his multi-colored pegasus form, she's only glad to have a bit of water added to douse the flames. But she has nothing to say to Jack, not at the moment. Is she confused as to why he was in the crowd? Yes. Would she really put it past him? No. At least it was his voice that sent them all away and prevented any worse damage from being done. Well, physical damage.

She does cast a cursory glance at the Flood as they work their contrasting magics in some sort of unison to turn the flames to ash. "Are you okay?" She asks.
Aurelia
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
Eating fire is your ambition
to swallow the flame down
Another hack, another wheeze, another layer of smoke pummeled away and out of her lungs. It’ll take some time to work its way through, for the healing to begin again, for a cycle of sentiments not worn and chiseled and damaged to ravage and encircle. But for now, she can only nod, and then attempt to sit upright, gathering the kittens in her arms.

Haai rushed off, freed and liberated and likely assisting Sunjata – and her eyes went to the dispersing crowd. “Is that Jack?” Her eyes narrowed, and then she shook her head, coughing and swallowing again, waving it away as if it mattered. Why wouldn’t he be here. The whole catastrophe was fucking dumb and ridiculous.

With the animals safe, and her uncle apparently now capable of changing into a horse that enabled water (whatever, honestly), Melita wasn’t sure how much more helpful she could be. Not in her current state.

It didn’t stop her from trying to stand, of course, wobbly and fumbling, as if she’d suddenly forgotten she knew how to walk. “I can try and get some water?” Down by the sea, maybe. There was always the possibility of her ice arrows, but it probably wouldn’t herald the same desired impact.
to be lit up from within, vein by vein
to be the sun
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Neos
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
He had jolted back upon getting something flaming thrown at him, gritting his teeth as it shattered and some of the flame caught his pant leg on fire for a second. Mercifully, he got it put out quick by putting it out with the back of the leg not on fire, but the spot was blackened further. It wasn't the first time he's been hit with flames in this form, but it didn't make it hurt less. The hold 'husband' bit threw him for a moment, but now was definitely not the time to question how that entire concept works here.

Fucking Distortion, that tactic's here, too?!

Humans may be ingenious in the arts of war, but they share many a common thread between realms.

At being told to go through the bond that he had discovered recently, Neos felt himself deflate almost instantly. He just wanted to be helpful, but he always seemed to make things worse before better. He looked over towards the people putting the house out, including two he recognized from the trip where he was forced to witness the death of what felt to him was a majestic creature of this world. "...all these years pretending...and I still don't understand humans," he muttered with momentarily-lowered eyes before looking up towards the flames as he tried to puzzle a way to help. He saw others using magic and their shifts in concert while trying to figure out anything he could do in addition...but nothing came to him, and...in all honestly, it looked like everything was handled.

"...I'm...sorry for not being exactly helpful," Neos said with a tone of sorrow in his voice. "But if you end up trying to get repairs to the place done, I wouldn't mind trying to help then, if you'd let me," he said towards Sunjata, still feeling a little jolted from the emotion flood he got earlier. He wasn't trying to go for any participation reward, no, but he just hoped he wasn't going to get chased away for accidentally making things worse...
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies
This is me