we do everything right and still lose
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
all the skeletons you hide
show me yours and i'll show you mine
Aisha did not expect a warm homecoming. She did not expect to come back to the grounds to find it in the state she'd left it in. That wasn't how it'd been last time, and she'd lowered the bar to keep from getting hurt.

Somehow, it still stung like a bitch.

Having spent her first Flowerbirth days free of the curse, preparing for exciting new adventures, and helping dig Halo out of it's icy prison, she'd figured it was time to face the damage. So she'd left note that she was leaving and she packed her things, headed for the grounds. She could've waited for the warden to return and relieve Deimos of his duties, when things were settled for sure.

But with everything looking in up in Halo, a dark seed had buried deep in her mind and whispered that karma would balance out the good with desolation. The pain was almost tangible as soon as she stepped from the spire, there was smoke on the horizon. Her nose screwed up as her eyes began to water. The burnt air was foul, and concerning. She let her worried heart guide her through the outskirts, to where the leopard sensed a familiar aura.

And that aura was sullied with misery, something akin to last time they'd met. She sped up, through the fields that turned to soot the further she went. Whole gardens blackened and broken, where there should've been the brooding shoots for Flowerbirth's rebirth, there was nothing but death. The woman didn't care about that now, she followed her heart further and further into the unfamiliar provenance.

Finally, there he was, amid something that surely wasn't the settlement. She stopped when her brain processed where she was, and what should be here. When she realized that the sunken figure crouching upon a pile of ash should've been Henry, and the ash should've been his home, she let out a short breath, one she didn't know she'd been holding.

It broke her heart, and she wasn't sure if that was what he needed to see, but it was what he would feel radiating from her as she came nearer. "Henry," she started, but didn't know how to finish. She was so afraid to hurt him more, the fear made her steps timid and her voice quiver.
all the bad dreams that you hide
show me yours

Messages In This Thread
we do everything right and still lose - by Henry - 03-02-2021, 01:04 AM
RE: we do everything right and still lose - by Aisha - 03-02-2021, 02:54 AM