we do everything right and still lose
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
all the skeletons you hide
show me yours and i'll show you mine
Aisha had snapped at him once. Bared her teeth and snarled in the hopes that he'd leave. As he turned on her now, it shouldn't have hurt as badly as it did. She should've understood that protective edge to his anger, that he was shielding his pain from view as though he wasn't fragile glass. She didn't want to tap, to risk a crack in the sheer and cause him hurt. But his words dug into her like shards, he'd maybe shattered already.

Her canine teeth grew sharp, dug into her lip as she worried at it. She bristled, she burned, she quivered. And she stood still, let the man erupt and pierce her with every word sharper than the next. Coward, she knew she was, but he couldn't know. He shouldn't. It's not fair. It was funny how only a season ago he'd convinced her that she was brave and strong, and it'd taken so much to do make her believe it.

It only took one word to know the truth, to collide with the fear that'd gripped her for too long. She'd failed, again. It hadn't been enough.

Her nostrils flared, her brows narrowed, her eyes came to settle on the charred wood that'd fallen from his hands. She breathed, then nodded, "I know. I'm sorry." The words were a trembling whisper.
all the bad dreams that you hide
show me yours

Messages In This Thread
we do everything right and still lose - by Henry - 03-02-2021, 01:04 AM
RE: we do everything right and still lose - by Aisha - 03-02-2021, 10:01 PM