we do everything right and still lose
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
HENRY

Henry's not here to be her pillar of strength anymore. He can't be, not even for himself. He's never done this to anyone before, not even when they made him so angry he wanted to punch something. But anger isn't enough to encompass what he feels now. Cursed, cheated, chewed up and spat out. Powerless. He always knew he was weak but he never thought it would be the downfall of his entire family. His father had been right all along.

I should've listened to him, He's too awash with emotions, I should've stayed here.

Aisha doesn't leave but he's not waiting to see if she does, pulling away from that golden gravity she possesses, that axis of spirit she has that just wants to rein him in. No. He doesn't want to be around anyone right now.

So he trudges up to the house, where he dreads and fears and hopes all at the same time. Something, he only wants to find something. Some token of what his family had spent so long building, some little trinket to uphold their memory. There had to be something, right?

Only, as he sifts through the ashes and debris, he finds nary a thing. Simple folks, the Walkers. They didn't keep much that would survive a fire. "Why didn't I stay here..." his gaze shudders down along the place where the foundation of the house once was, tears filling his eyes.
wherever you run, you see all you leave behind you
lies inside anyone you open

Messages In This Thread
we do everything right and still lose - by Henry - 03-02-2021, 01:04 AM
RE: we do everything right and still lose - by Henry - 03-04-2021, 12:09 AM