[SE] scratch my back
Sunjata
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 35 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
Business partners. It's true that Jack isn't really involved in Zeph's affairs apart from where they cross paths or where one needs assistance from the other. So it makes sense that he hasn't heard of Kane or whoever the other man's father is posing as. Still, it leaves a lead weight in his stomach to know that someone has been fucking with the islands and the way things were supposed to go down and he'd been none the wiser.

"Do you suspect your father to be involved in Nate's disappearance?" he asks, wondering just how Sunjata could be sure of such a thing. "Your wife's no pushover," he points out. Jack does believe him, though, when he says he can draw the other man out, and he chews at the inside of his cheek as he thinks. "If you are sure he's behind it, you could leave something on the notice board to draw him out."
are the angels on their way?
i’m in the dirt
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4967
SuNJATA
the flood
He doesn’t even spend a heartbeat as he nods sharply. “Yes.” He has no other reason to believe otherwise, and given Jack’s magic, Sunjata easily sends the past few interactions over. Of Nate admitting that he’d felt wrong after meeting Safrin, after going to the Grounds for LongNight and Adam telling him he’d come home… Only, he hadn’t. They’d gotten back early and his husband was still missing. As for Hotaru, though, this does spark a hint of a smile on his face. “She’s not. She’d just come back, though, so I was hoping to send her to Halo.” Shaking his head he puts the cigarette out. “Doubt she wants to go given the… All of it I guess.

As for the Notice Board, though, his gaze lifts and he peers at Jack with the realization. “What would we put?” They’d need to be smart about it, seeing as something tells him Shaju would be able to sniff out a trap. But if it was only him that greeted his father – a trade of sorts, him for Nate, would that be enough? Could it be enough?
rely a bit too heavily on alcohol & irony
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 35 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
Jack narrows his eyes a fraction as the feed from Sunjata filters through to him, the captain knitting things together in a patchwork that's as insane as it is understandable. Raising an eyebrow at the new name thrown into the mix, he snorts out a laugh. "I meant Nate. I wasn't aware you were that greedy, Governor," he says, before turning his attention back to the subject at hand.

Jata continues to think and Jack raises a hand as if to cut off his train of thought (somehow). "Don't play into a clever man's hands, Governor," he suggests. "I ain't sayin' you ought to trick him at all. Your old man sounds like the prideful sort. So settle things with him - once an' for all." He tilts his head. "Reckon you can handle him in a fight?"
i’m in the dirt
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Oh.” He huffs, lips quirking briefly before his shoulders are rising and falling. His attention remains on Jack, though, and he does cut himself off when the hand raises, drawing silent to listen. And it’s so simple of a response that he can’t help but to internally cringe at how difficult he always seemed to make it be. So he nods slowly, leaning back into the couch with a hand that tears through his hair.

As for handling him? He needs to be able to get over the fear that man instilled in him. At this point, though, with Nate gone (and the following events of the mob at his home) he thinks he could manage it. It’s a heavy breath that slips from his lips before he’s leaning forward and bracing his elbows on his knees. “Yes.” He admits. If not for the sheer strength of himself, he’s got all those shifts in his skin that he knows his father couldn’t prevent. He’d be able to take him down one way or another.

It’s the only way he’d be able to get any sanity back, to be able to repair the destruction to his name his father has caused here in Torchline.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
Yes. It's all Jack needs to hear, the captain shrugging his shoulders. "Then call him out. You were thinkin' about some sort of trial thing, right? Have one with your old man. Let all of Torchline in on it, if you think that'll be more like to draw him out. You can use Nate as one of the stipulations. At this point, it feels like he's tryin' to get you to follow his breadcrumbs, to creep about and try to find him. Just call him out."

The smile on Jack's face is a dark, cruel thing that speaks of what he might do if he had the chance to fight his old man. "Just don't be a fuckin' dick about it, Governor. Don't call the man out until you're sure you can put him down for good, yeah?" He raises his eyebrows at him. "An' I'm not sure those shifts under your skin are gonna cut it over a fist fight."
i’m in the dirt

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
He draws silent to hear the Captain out, nodding along. Jack seems to cut through it all, the realization that a Trial would be the way to go about it, prideful enough anyway. His father had won two trials, he’s sure he’d be ready to try for a third, especially against a worthless son. So he mulls it over, nodding quietly, realizing what it is he needs to do. “These… Trials are different than what I imagine most people think about when it comes to Trials.” Torchline might find it interesting at least.

Far better than paperwork and quiet rooms of deliberation.

The dark smile along Jack’s face is one Sunjata wishes he was more coherent to appreciate. “I won’t.” He vows quietly, pausing to wet his lips as he considers it. “Nobody said anything about combining them.” He shrugs, flashing a small half smile toward the captain, his hand partially shifting to the clawed form of his dragon shift, armor plated and sharp pointed fingers. Perhaps perfect for gutting someone.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
"Then I imagine they're gonna have a lot to talk about for the years to come," Jack says, his more subtle meaning clear; you're going to win this, and you're going to stay Governor, and the work we've both put into this shit isn't going to be for nothing. Still, he's taking it on pure faith that Sunjata can get the job done - and honestly, although the captain can slice through truth and lies in a way that no one else can, there's still something niggling in the back of his mind.

So he leans forward too, his elbows on his knees, to lock eyes with the man with claws lancing from his fingertips. "Is there any chance you're wrong about this?" he asks. "I believe you, I already said that. But I believe that you believe what you're sayin'. If you're fucked in the head, Governor, then this could all blow up in your face. In both our faces. So I just gotta make sure."
i’m in the dirt

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
There’s a sound of agreement that leaves him at the mention of things to come, of years to talk about what goes on. It’ll be tough, it’ll be draining, but perhaps he’ll one day be able to have a moment where nothing else goes wrong. So for now, he chews on the inside of his cheek, peering back at Jack as he closes his clawed hand and lets it shift back into its normal form, gaze finding Jack’s.

He shakes his head after a moment. There’s no way he thinks it could be close to being wrong. It’s what made the most sense to him – the words that had left his father in the wilds in the echo of a snapping wing said otherwise. And he knows that it had to have been his father. And there’s another thing, perhaps something that would pinpoint it a bit more. He stands and moves to a drawer of sorts that he’s kept locked, opening it up and pulling out the notebook he’d kept.

Out of it comes a slip of paper, one tinged with blood. “It has to be him. He left a gift here at the Slagveld with this note. And the only people that know Korofi that’s here excluding him is me, Melita, and Nate.” His gaze lifts to Jack as he hands the note to Jack. The Captain would be able to read the translation in Sunjata’s head. ‘I did you a favor. Clean up this mess now.’
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
In the moments after this, Jack will have time to digest the enormity of his revelation to Sunjata and what it might mean for their future relationship. For now, though? Jack savours the ease with which they can hold this conversation, however one sided it might appear at times. And his eyes flick to the drawer just before Sunjata reaches for it himself, furrowing his brow as he accepts the note.

"Ah," he says, not really needing to add much to that as he turns the note in his hands. "I see." There's nothing in Sunjata's head that suggests he's written this himself, and that's really all the proof Jack needs. "Well, then," he says, rising to his feet and handing the paper back. "Consider me available for use. You need help, you call me."
i’m in the dirt

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
While the handwriting is similar, Sunjata’s far more edged and less elegant than Shaju’s. Sunjata’s handwriting is quick and sharp, letters blurring together, while his father had the practice and time to make his handwriting appear drawn out and regal in ways Sunjata had always avoided. So he takes the note back, sets it back in the little worn notebook, nodding to Jack as the Captain stands as well.

He moves back to the drawer to slip it into, locking it and sticking the key back into his pocket, before his gaze flickers up toward Jack. “I appreciate it Jack. Truly.” He offers quietly, moving to guide Jack back down the stairs to the Slagveld proper where Sunjata can continue to place the sandbags around the boxing ring’s building until he ends up heading home to the destruction that awaits.

-FIN <333
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3