my thoughts roll in waves
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I don't trust nobody
The name wasn't familiar to her. Not surprising. The Grounds were a forgein place to her, having never been there until a few days prior. Maeve stubbed out her joint in the sand, releasing the last lungful of smoke to be carried away on the breeze. "With the collection it sounds like you have I'm sure you could find something for me," the woman glanced over at him, bracing her cheek against her forearms as she hunched forward. Her eyes heavy and soft with the effects of the weed worming its way through her nerves.

A soft laugh found its way past her lips and a knowing smile settled on her features, "Isn't that the truth. Love is never so easy to find even in a world where people are desperate for it." Maeve mused, voice mixing with the white noise of the waves as they crashed gently against the shore. There wasn't any bitterness in her tone. Just acceptance for what it was. For how the world worked.

She was grateful for the change in conversation, more than happy to talk about that kind of thing. There was something easier about it. "We do. A lot of them actually. Maeve shifts on the blanket, offering him her arm. There are faint silverly bite marks on the inside of her wrist. "I have them all bite in the same place, but.. yeah. I have some. It's a different experience with them, but not bad. They all seem to enjoy themselves and leave happy. Which is the biggest part. Have you... Have you been with anyone since turning?"
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
You learn to stand alone at last
So brave, and bold, and strong, and stout
"Mhmm." Sam met her eyes for a moment and smiled before looking away, wondering as she stubbed out the joint what it felt like. Even if he had a chance to smoke it he wouldn't know; likely would never find out in his however long of being alive why people gave themselves to substances. He wondered if it would let him drop his inhibitions, his walls; perhaps it was best he couldn't partake, because that was an addicting premise even in imagination.

It certainly made Maeve wise (though maybe she was always like this); her words on love were painfully true. All Sam could do was sigh and nod, laying back to look up at the sky, relaxing enough to not have to sit up anymore. "I...I thought things were going well, a couple of seasons ago. I started getting to know a man and he was lovely. Last time I saw him, we kissed...then he just...disappeared." He sighed, not quite sure why he was suddenly speaking about this, but the story just tumbled out; maybe he was finally beginning to accept Amun was gone. "I thought I'd finally found someone that was going to stay with me. But he didn't even say goodbye, and I don't know if that's because he couldn't...or if he just didn't want to."

He looked at her wrist when it was offered, immediately recognising the bite marks. It was comforting, in a way, to hear that Ascended were normal customers the same as anyone else, even if things were different. Sam didn't expect the question turned back on him, though it was only fair, so he answered with a nervous laugh: "Yes, though...not for a while, and um..well, not for a while." Deciding not to get into the various changes to his body in the last year, he pressed his lips together and focused up on the dark sky. "I used to have a patch that let me actually um..do that normally, but it's gone now. The Voice took it eventually."
You learn somehow to like the dark, even love the doubt
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I don't trust nobody
During his confession, she finds herself laying on her back, fingers curling themselves into the hair at the crown of her head. It's almost a self soothing reaction at this point. If she closes her eyes and doesn't think about it then it almost feels like someone else playing with her hair. How pathetic is that? Maeve turns her faces towards him and under the now rising mood she looks otherworldly. Her pale skin glowing under the moonlight stands out in stark contrast against the inky black strands of her hair.

His heartache resonates with her and  she finds herself reaching for him even though he can't really feel her touch. Her fingers find his hand, holding it gently as they both lay on her blanket. Him looking at the stars and her looking at him before her own eyes find themselves drawn towards the heavens. "I doubt it was because he didn't want to... He probably didn't want to hurt you. If it seemed like he cared so much maybe he thought that was the best way. The way that would hurt the least." She suggested softly, giving his hand a squeeze in what was meant to be reassurance.

As the conversation shifted, Maeve kept a hold of his hand. Perhaps out of her own selfish need for physical contact or something else. She doesn't know. "That fickle bitch. What does she have against sex or just feeling?" Maeve huffed, shaking her head as her brows knitted together, annoyance directed towards the sky as she had no where else to put it. "You should try it again sometime... We have men who work their too. If you were interested."
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
It was probably inappropriate, or at the very least strange, to hold someones hand when you'd barely just met them, but somehow under the quiet and heavy night sky it felt like the right thing. Sam let Maeve take his fingers and closed his around hers, eyes flicking between the stars and listening to her idea of what might had happened.

"...I would really like to believe that was the case, but...I don't know if I'll ever know, and in a way, that bothers me more than if he had just left because he didn't like me." He sighed, then feeling bad for not appreciating her kind version of events, continued with a glance over to her: "But maybe I should think better of people. Maybe you are right. He was nice, like that."

The laugh that surprised him by coming out of his mouth as she called the Voice a fickle bitch was a little too loud and Sam rubbed a hand against his lips, trying to take the giddy smile away (a little scandalised, a little thrilled). "She always says it's not necessary, or something along those lines." He'd tried to think of ways to convince her otherwise before, and they hadn't come to much.

It felt a little odd to say this while holding her hand, but Sam found he wanted to admit this out loud for the first time here, in the oddly intimate space they'd made: "Recently I've been thinking I might not mind being with women either, if the chance came up. Though um...either way, I think I'd still be too shy to come to the Halenani."
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
I don't trust nobody
He was still warm. From the last rays of sunlight or something else. She didn't know, but it was welcome. Her fingers laced with his and she just held him. Not caring that it was perhaps odd or something people didn't typically do. It just felt right. So she did it. A lot of things she's done lately have happened because they just felt right to do. Why not keep the momentum going?

Maeve turned onto her side, propping her head up with her free arm as she kept it pillowed beneath her temple. "I know people don't usually deserve the benefit of the doubt, but maybe he does. Just something to consider." She shrugged as best as she could given her current position, meeting his eyes in what little light reached them from the torches along the beach.

Not only was his laugh loud, but it was contagious. Her giggles started out quiet, but soon grew into full belly laughs that had her nose wrinkling and her eyes watering. "Oh fuck that! Not necessary? I can tell you right now, your lot wouldn't be so fucking grumpy if they didn't have to travel all the way to one fucking room just so they could properly orgasm." She huffed through a few remaining chuckles before she finally sobered again.

His words don't phase her. This is a conversation she's had many times with many different people. Maeve hummed softly, licking her lips as she shifted her attention back to him. "Who said you have to come to the Halenani? Could always come to you if that's what you preferred." She paused for a moment, considering her words carefully, "If you wanted to try being with a woman without fear of hurting someone's feelings if you had to or needed to stop... I'd be happy to help."
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
"Mm. I just hope he comes back one day so I can find out." Ultimately, he'd get over the hurt of being left, but the curiosity and not knowing would bother him forever. Did Amun regret it? Had he felt the same comfort too, the contentedness that their dates had brought, the sense that they'd finally found something stable?

He just hoped that the other man was alive to tell him someday. Sam supposed he could ask the Voice, but as much as he wanted that answer, actually hearing it was something different all together.

At least there was something to laugh about; Maeve continued to be very straight forward with her opinions on the Voice, but in a way that Sam understood and didn't mind; she was coming from a point of view borne from human desires and wants, not dogmatic preaching. "It was nice back when I could enjoy myself anywhere. It's a nice room, at least, I guess. There's cushions and things." He'd worried, the first time he'd gone, it'd be some nasty grotty dungeon filled with perverts.

She offered him something then that Sam didn't expect at all. He turned to look at her, a thoroughly surprised expression on his face; was she really suggesting that she would be with him, like that? "U-um. I don't..I don't know, I've never...I don't want to embarrass myself by being b-bad at it." Maeve had to have hundreds of experiences compared to Sam's several, and he often took more passive positions.
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
I don't trust nobody
"Maybe he will. You never know and I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility." She murmured, sighing softly as she looked back up at the sky. The stars weren't hiding tonight and she was happy to watch them shine. Maeve hoped that Sam's person was still out there. Maybe because hoping for something like that gave a reason to keep going. What was life without hope? Hope for love, happiness, comfort, whatever. Maeve wasn't sure there was much of a life without it.

She was glad that she could at least bring a smile to her new companions lips. Even if it was with her cold opinions about the gods. At least someone got a kick out of her dislike for them. Maeve wrinkled her nose at the description. "Cushions and things? No bed? A couch? Not even a cot? What kind of sex room doesn't at least have a cot?" She huffed, rolling her eyes as she shook her head in disbelief. That just wasn't right. Didn't Frey have something to do with that room? Why didn't she have it properly outfitted? Ridiculous.

The surprise was expected. Maeve hummed softly, thumb brushing across his hand absentmindedly, "Here's something no one ever admits... The first time you try anything during sex is bad. I mean, it can be okay and sometimes even good, but most first times don't go the way you think. Having a partner who knows and understands that makes all the difference though." She turned to look at him, a soft smile curling onto her lips, "Lucky for you, I am very well versed in first times and a rather patient lover. If that's something you want to try... Well, there are worse picks out there, no?"
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
"Oh, no - it's like...a padded platform...bed thing? It's hard to explain and I've only seen it briefly...I've never actually been in there." Just dared to peek through the door as he saw someone else enter. As far as comfortable places to get laid went it had looked pretty nice, though considering Sam had been fucked on his shop counter by a stranger, he probably didn't have the highest of standards. "It's quite well outfitted. The man that maintains it, Bastien...he's um, very well versed in sex things."

Most conversations Sam had with the artist ended with him leaving in an embarrassed huff, but he had to admit that Bastien could put together a nice atmosphere.

The stroke of her hand in conjunction with her offer had Sam swallowing nervously, a giggle leaving him under his breath. "That's probably true...um, well, if that is something I decide I want, I suppose I might ask. Though, um..." Suddenly conscious of himself and his body, he put a hand to his chest, where beneath his slightly too large shirt, his slight breasts could be felt once more. "I'm not...that is, I don't...have the same body as you might...expect, from an average man. The Voice helps me look like I do...but I wasn't born this way. I mean, um, I have, well-"

This was going poorly. "...I suppose that doesn't matter unless I actually go ahead. Sorry. This kind of thing...it's all very hard for me to talk about." He moved his spare hand to his forehead and rubbed down his face, letting out a heavy sigh. "I struggle with my words anyway, but with this? It's nearly impossible."
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
I don't trust nobody
Sex things. She can't help giggling, shaking her head at his terminology because it was still just too cute the way he spoke about it. She tried to keep from grinning, but failed miserably as one split her lips, "Well that's better than what I was picturing. Glad to know that the person maintaining it is well versed in sex things." Maeve teased, wrinkling her nose at him as she lightly poked his side, feeling a bit playful.

It was the second laugh she had gotten from him tonight and Maeve was honestly pretty damn proud of her ability to make this stranger laugh. Maybe because he was meant to be her new friend, but it made her feel good either way. "There's no pressure. Just want you to know that there are options. If not with me, someone else from the brothel. Just.. you have an option to try it in a safe way is all." That's what she's trying to tell him. Whether or not that came through clearly is hard to tell with the remnants of her high buzzing in her skull.

Maeve turned her attention to him, brows knitting together as he started to fumble with his words, but she managed to get the gist of it and her expression softened as she gazed at him. "It's okay... I think I understand what you mean." Maeve had been with all sorts of people. Men, women, non-binaries, those who identified with one gender or another. None of it held too much weight. She was there to make people feel good. No matter what they identified as. "You aren't the first person in that boat to have graced my bed and you wouldn't be the last. I can handle it."
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Sam laughed too, glad that Maeve was teasing with him, not making fun of him; Sam had experienced enough of the latter to know how it felt. "He hosts a lot of parties, too...maybe you could go to one of them. You might like it." They weren't at all Sam's kind of scene, but Maeve was confident, fun, pretty. The kind of person that went to parties.

"Mm. My first time...well, not the first time, but pretty close to it..." Sam lowered his voice; this was a secret he wouldn't tell to a lot of people, but Maeve's work and her general calm attitude permitted her to hear it. "..It was in the temple...and he shifted so he had wings and claws. It was um, well-" Clearing his throat, Sam looked off to the side, an embarrassed but pleased smirk on his lips. "-I miss him sometimes."

He could see that she was initially confused, but thankfully it seemed Maeve finally picked up on what he was trying to say. Sam blinked a couple of times in surprise to hear he wasn't the first, but didn't ask more, a little scared to hear the answer (though why he wasn't sure). Gently taking his hand out of Maeves, he sat up, looking over the sea and the still-dark sky. "I should probably get back to the Grounds before my cat worries...are you alright getting home, or would you like me to come with you?"
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
I don't trust nobody
The mention of parties had her humming and she shrugged her shoulders, "I'll think about it. Could be fun." Didn't Adam want to go to a party with her? Maybe he'd like it. Especially if it was at this fancy sex room where he could feel things. Perhaps he'd finally get to be with his husband in the way he wanted and maybe she could play too. It's a thought. A fun one, but she let it go with the ocean breeze.

Her brow arched when he leaned into her, sharing his little secret like it was blasphemous to even say out loud. It made her smile and she could honestly say she was a little jealous. The woman hadn't been with anyone who had the ability to shift like that. She could imagine that there was a thrill to the whole thing and she hoped she could experience it herself some day. "Well well well... Someone isn't as innocent as they seem." Maeve chuckled, shaking her head at him even as he looked away from her.

Then he was pulling his hand away and their time was coming to an end. She blinked to clear her head, forcing herself to sit up slowly, "Oh, no. I'm fine. Probably going to stay out a little longer. I don't sleep too well this time of year. I hope you have a nice night, Sam. I'll write you about visiting."

Maeve gave him another little wave as he disappeared back down the shore and into the night. She lowered herself onto the blanket, sighing as she stared up at the stars.

~FIN~
and nobody trusts me

Maeve