Personal Quest she put whiskey in the water
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

A panther in the night, a fire burning bright.

"Fucking finally. If I had to stuff those things one more time I was going to start cussing out the water." Ray grumbled but grinned in satisfaction as she took in the sheer number of bags she'd filled. Cracking her knuckles she began to get to the grunt work. Taking her time so as to prevent any bags from breaking, Ray began to carry the bags to their final destination. She did her best to pack them in tightly along the line so as to prevent any water from breaking through and so that the bags could reinforce each other. Ray really didn't want to have to do this again if the water broke through.

Ray is doing her best to make sure that the wall holds!

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I'm a bad influence
Maeve lets out a sigh of relief, taking a moment to pick the splinters from her palms thanks to the lumber and wrestling with the door. She looks over at Aurelia, giving her a little grin, "Come on.. Help me stack these up and then you can take me out for a drink." She teases, throwing a wink her way before moving to start hauling the sandbags towards the line. They're heavier than they look and she's definitely not cut out for heavy lifting, but the girl persists. So what if she huffs and puffs a little while she does it? Her cheeks are a nice shade of pink from exertion as she carries her first bag down to the line, following Ray's lead in how to properly stack them up.

As per usual, Maeve is trying her best to help out!
but damn I'm fun

Maeve
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
it's the road that leads to nowhere
Aurelia, characteristically, prattles out soft curses when it seems every single nail just doesn't want to work with her. Eventually, though, her and Maeve's teamwork pays off. Rather than a sigh of relief, she huffs out a frustrated snort and shakes her head at the door - as if it's all the inanimate object's fault. She's glad to be done with it, but also glad that now it's been stabilized. The bar will be safe, so long as they finish up with the sandbags.

Raza gives the order to start stacking and Aurelia is quick to begin, offering a chipper, "You got it, boss!" She hoists up bag after bag with rough strength, trusting in the material to hold, not knowing of the difficulty Ray had with them.

When they're done, Aurelia can finally smile in satisfaction and admire all of their hard work. "How about that drink?" She arches her brows towards Maeve to let her know the comment hadn't gone ignored. "Aye, Raza?" Her gaze traverses towards the bar owner and then brightly over to Ray, because of course she's welcome to join in too.

Aurelia helps with sandbags and wants a DRINK
but all I wanna do is go there
Aurelia
code credits go to Skylark!<3
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
born with salt on my skin
It ain’t through luck that the that four of ‘em get the wall built, it’s by sheer determination and ladypower, In fact, Maeve’s rolled a 1 again, though not for lack of tryin’. Aurelia’s time on the Ark has probably made her the most familiar with this kind of physically tryin’ work, and she manages to carry the most bags. Ray is able to keep up, for the most part, with Aurelia, but she’s gonna be real sore come tomorrow.

And Raza and Maeve? They don’t fare so well. Maeve maybe turns wrong or doesn’t lift her knees instead’a her back, and is unable to carry more than a few of them to the wall before Raza tells her to sit down and chill. A woman who fucks for a livin’ needs her back t’be in tip-top shape (and it’s just a tweak, it’ll be gone with some rest and a hot compress that night). So the bar owner has every intention’a pullin’ up the slack but there’s a hidden piece of driftwood in the sand and of course, Raza’s toes find it.

She goes flyin’ forward and the bags go down. She’s fine - just embarrassed - and when they’ve set the last bag on top, nods at Aurelia’s suggestion.

“Aye. A well deserved drink or two. Come on.”

{Fin}

----------------------
Thank you friends, we done! Sorry it took awhile.
and the sea in my blood
RAZA